Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

He looked average against Werdum, but Werdum looked terrible. I know his BJJ resume, but it's up to him to take AO down, not wait for Overeem to lay down on top of him. That was a disgraceful fight from both guys in my opinion.

Kos is fighting Hughes, I guess we get to see Hughes get KO'd again.

Guida deserves Henderson at the minimum. He dominated Pettis who was supposed to get Edgar or Maynard until they had a draw. Lightweights got a lot going on, Miller could have gotten a shot before losing to Smooth and Melvin is wrecking people.

Diaz/Penn or Melendez/Penn would be epic.

I'm very disappointed. I went from being excited from the Reem announcement to being upset that Diaz got pulled and now BJ is without an opponent.

@arielhelwani Ariel Helwani

Where I come from people who miss press conferences get slapped.
roll.gif

^
Did he really write that?  Does he want to get jumped by the Diaz boys?  
laugh.gif
  Nick already isn't fond of the guy.  Maybe Rampage will beat him up first.

Fitch has been asking for the rematch against BJ.  Please, Dana don't do it.  I do not give a crap about that fight or seeing another Fitch fight.

diaz probably got too high lol. although i want bj too *#%$ up fitch's +*+$% !#+ i'd rather see him fight a worthy opponent.

i was sooo lookin forward to that card too
30t6p3b.gif

rory macdonald is lookin scary good right now but i think he's booked for ufc140 against brian ebersole.

So disappointed as a fan

tired.gif

When your own trainer calls you out you know you're in the wrong. I don't think this guy will ever get it. Type of dude that will keep it real til the very end. March to the beat of his own drum right off the cliff. You don't just pass up big money, the promotion of fighting the most recognizable face in MMA and a title shot without having something seriously wrong in your brain.

This video he explained nothing

Diaz responds

Dana explains

I like both Brock and Reem a lot.. I do think Reem takes it.. he's got more endurance and will catch brock with some solid shots. I do see Brock with the chance of a one-hitter quitter since reem leaves himself open a lot. So Reem by domination or Brock gets a lucky one in there when Reem is sleeping.

^
I think most people question Ubereem's conditioning.  Dude has a ton of muscle and will gas by 2nd or 3rd round.  He has an ok chin so Brock can clip him and drop him or finish him by gnp.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

I like both Brock and Reem a lot.. I do think Reem takes it.. he's got more endurance and will catch brock with some solid shots. I do see Brock with the chance of a one-hitter quitter since reem leaves himself open a lot. So Reem by domination or Brock gets a lucky one in there when Reem is sleeping.
Wait, Reem doesn't have more endurance though. He gasses quite easily, and gassed against Werdum who did nothing but fall and try to pull guard. Brock, pre disease was one of the most well conditioned HW's in the world. I'm not quite sure what makes you say that Reem has more endurance.

Also, I don't think Brock has any chance of a one hitter quitter. When has he ever one hitter quittered anyone? Never. He definitely isn't going to do that against someone like Reem even though he may leave himself vulnerable. Reem's striking will scare Brock off from trying to wind up, hell that isn't Brock's game and never will be.

A more logical way, and IMO the only way for Brock to win, is to stun him maybe and force him to the mat where he can finish it with ground and pound/submission. I would be shocked to see Brock KO Reem with one punch.

Something really weird with the Diaz situation. I don't think we've heard or seen the end of it yet. I just don't see him screwing up so badly and losing his chance to fight GSP.

Anyway, Fitch vs. Diaz would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Rory Mac vs. Penn either.

For Brock/AO, the only chance Brock has is to take AO down fast and keep him there. Make it an ugly GNP fight. If he can't take AO down and stays with strikes, it'll be a long night.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Wait, Reem doesn't have more endurance though. He gasses quite easily, and gassed against Werdum who did nothing but fall and try to pull guard. Brock, pre disease was one of the most well conditioned HW's in the world. I'm not quite sure what makes you say that Reem has more endurance.

Also, I don't think Brock has any chance of a one hitter quitter. When has he ever one hitter quittered anyone? Never. He definitely isn't going to do that against someone like Reem even though he may leave himself vulnerable. Reem's striking will scare Brock off from trying to wind up, hell that isn't Brock's game and never will be.

A more logical way, and IMO the only way for Brock to win, is to stun him maybe and force him to the mat where he can finish it with ground and pound/submission. I would be shocked to see Brock KO Reem with one punch.

I dunno man, I think that Brock's last couple fights show him a bit tired. Cain's fight he was def gassed and the cause of loss, in my opinion. I'm not saying that Reem is by any means an endurance fighter, I just think that he'll outlast Brock - especially now, post-medical issues. I do not think that Brock's endurance is exceptional in any way - most of his fights (win or lose) you can see where he tires.

On the other side of that, Brock may not be known for one hitters, but Reem is known to get caught by 'em - and not by men normally associated with that kind of power, either. I don't think Brock wins, but his one chance is that Reem gets careless. Also, I consider a one punch knockdown, followed by a flurry of punches on top, a one hitter -- if the downed fighter is already pretty much out of it. I know it doesn't quite make sense, especially as it's called a "one-hitter", but in my opinion the extra flurry is just that... extra -- sometimes the fight is already won at the moment when the guy got knocked down.

Imagine Diaz ran out the house ala Christian Bale as Dicky Ward in the Fighter... I need a gif.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Something really weird with the Diaz situation. I don't think we've heard or seen the end of it yet. I just don't see him screwing up so badly and losing his chance to fight GSP.

Anyway, Fitch vs. Diaz would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Rory Mac vs. Penn either.

For Brock/AO, the only chance Brock has is to take AO down fast and keep him there. Make it an ugly GNP fight. If he can't take AO down and stays with strikes, it'll be a long night.
I wouldnt mind seeing Fitch v. Diaz.  I'm no sure about Rory v. BJ though.  Like someone said, Rory is already on deck to fight TWAS in a future event.  Also, I dont know if the UFC wants to derail Rory (again) as he is definitely a future champion caliber fighter.

Dana mentioned that he had something absolutely crazy in the works for BJ.  Maybe the UFC pays a kings ransom to bring Rickson out of retirement?  Re-sign that bum Marquardt so he can put his money where his mouth is and get smashed by BJ?  See if BJ is willing to move back to 155 and have Aldo relinquish the 145 title and move right up to 155?  I can dream right?

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by quik1987

Diaz scared

indifferent.gif

Why else would someone

Miss 3 flights

Run away from the most important fight of their career

Avoid the biggest pay day ever

Not avenge a friend and teammate

Run out the back door when their manager isn't looking

Dishonour their gym

scared