Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by Smedroc

That is so dumb. Why not just put back the original fights now that Diaz is back?

I think your suggestion maybe even more dumb.

He's been relieved of a title shot. It's not like this is a couple undercard scraps where chopping and changing wouldn't matter too much.

You serious? So b/c its not an undercard fight, it shouldn't be changed? main events get changed all the time, even within a few weeks before the actual ppv. All four fighters are cleared and now available to fight again, just put the damn event that you orginally planned. 

Nick is lucky to be fighting at all imo. Main events that change are usually down to injury, this is some next type of bull %+%$.

And if Dana did let him back into the title fight, that's saying to the other fighters that you can f' around with no repercussion. 

bj penn vs nick diaz is gonna be crazy. both have great striking and grappling skills. bj has a slight edge in both dept and has better wrestling. diaz has more stamina and a longer reach. its gonna be a very interesting fight.

gsp vs condit... not really too thrill about it. we all know gsp's gameplay, so im just curious to see if condit can land a convincing strike to make the fight exciting.

I want to see how BJ will deal with Nick's weird boxing style.  BJ has some of the best boxing in the sport but Nick is always finds a way to hurt better strikers and wear them down.  His match with Daley was one of the most exciting fights of the year.
In regards to the Strikeforce HW tournament, what a huge disappointment that was.  I knew it would turn to crap with none of the fights we wanted.  Is anyone even interested in it anymore?  The matchup that i'm most interested in for that event is King Mo and Roger Gracie.

I was ready so say "@%#* it" but I'm pretty excited about Penn vs. Diaz. Buying my tickets tonight.
pimp.gif

I don't think Penn wants to box with Diaz. They both have great boxing, yes, but Diaz is going to have a height and reach (and probably weight) advantage. It's clear Diaz doesn't mind standing and trading.

Wow, I was completely unaware of this SF card coming up. That's typical for me with SF events, I try to follow fights and schedules a lot, but man, it just seems like SF does a horrible job of marketing. It's a middleweight title fight, King Mo is fighting a Gracie AND the heavyweight tourney semis? How am I just hearing about this now?

Yeah I saw him lose to Hendo, and Bigfoot before that. Didn't watch the Werdum fight, only the highlights.

That Hendo fight was shaping up to be epic. It was crazy from the opening bell. It looked like Hendo was in all sorts of trouble before he switched it around.

Anyway, it just seems like I see UFC event advertisements everywhere, even for non-title fights and things like Fight Nights and Versus events. It's like I have to go out of my way to find out about SF events that HAVE title fights.

^
Strikeforce may be around another year or two, things are looking bleak over there.

Ubereem and Diaz are gone.  Henderson and Melendez both want to leave.  UFC is going to take all their best fighters.  Maybe they'll keep it around to test out young talent.

Originally Posted by shogun

I want to see how BJ will deal with Nick's weird boxing style.  BJ has some of the best boxing in the sport but Nick is always finds a way to hurt better strikers and wear them down.  His match with Daley was one of the most exciting fights of the year.
In regards to the Strikeforce HW tournament, what a huge disappointment that was.  I knew it would turn to crap with none of the fights we wanted.  Is anyone even interested in it anymore?  The matchup that i'm most interested in for that event is King Mo and Roger Gracie.

I'm still interested in Barnett, Kharitonov and Bigfoot. Sure the tourney didn't give us the matches we wanted from the get-go. But that's the whole mystique about tournaments, beginning of 2011 we all thought Fedor vs Overeem was a given and that bracket was gonna win for sure. Now I have Barnett as a fav to win the whole thing and potentially go to the UFC or maybe (I say that lightly) even fight Fedor in Russia.

• Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Josh Barnett vs.  Sergei Kharitonov
  • Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Antonio Silva vs. Daniel Cormier
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Muhammed Lawal vs. Roger Gracie
  • Lightweight bout: Pat Healy vs. Maximo Blanco
King Mo callin' himself 'Blackuraba' will get himself destroyed.

I think your suggestion maybe even more dumb.

He's been relieved of a title shot. It's not like this is a couple undercard scraps where chopping and changing wouldn't matter too much.

You serious? So b/c its not an undercard fight, it shouldn't be changed? main events get changed all the time, even within a few weeks before the actual ppv. All four fighters are cleared and now available to fight again, just put the damn event that you orginally planned. 

Nick is lucky to be fighting at all imo. Main events that change are usually down to injury, this is some next type of bull %+%$.

And if Dana did let him back into the title fight, that's saying to the other fighters that you can f' around with no repercussion. 

How fair would that be to Condit? Alot of people have criticized Dana for giving Diaz an immediate shot when Jake Shields had to fight Kampmann first. BJ Penn is the perfect test for Diaz and an excellent fight. Should Diaz win the current storyline heading into 137 will add so much for hype to a possible GSP/Condit vs Diaz fight.

Originally Posted by quiickz

• Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Josh Barnett vs.  Sergei Kharitonov
  • Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Antonio Silva vs. Daniel Cormier
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Muhammed Lawal vs. Roger Gracie
  • Lightweight bout: Pat Healy vs. Maximo Blanco
King Mo callin' himself 'Blackuraba' will get himself destroyed.

I agree with those picks except I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say Cormier's gonna pull off the upset with a decision win. I don't think Silva's gonna get it to the ground and keep it there. I think Cormier will pick him apart and neutralize Bigfoot standing up, similar to his last fight with Monson.

I really don't know what to expect from this Maximo kid. Hard fight to call.

I'm expecting to see a few submissions tonight, as well.

I'm gonna go with Kharitonov over Barnett, although I think Kharitonov is a slight underdog.

I want Cormier to win, but I think Silva takes it. Cormier is pretty quick for a heavy, but I think Silva can take him down. Once Silva is on top of you...man.

I haven't seen too much of Rockhold, and barely anything of Jacare. I want to see that King Mo/Gracie fight though.

^ very fitting to have Le fight in San Jose for UFC139. But Belfort will destroy him.

Nice matchup.  Le is mostly legs and Belfort is mostly hands.  You're probably right.  When is the last time Le fought?  Didn't he go in to movies for a bit?

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

^ very fitting to have Le fight in San Jose for UFC139. But Belfort will destroy him.

Nice matchup.  Le is mostly legs and Belfort is mostly hands.  You're probably right.  When is the last time Le fought?  Didn't he go in to movies for a bit?
Le fought Scott Smith last year. 
Cyborg is a bum. Sucks that his wife is 3x a better fighter than he will ever be.

Gonna be rooting for Cung to rep Norcal. i think he can beat Vitor if he comes in shape and goes all out. Vitor looking great right now cuz of his last highlight reel finish on Akiyama. Cung is a different beast tho...

Cue the Dana White "That's #%%$*+' illegal" video. 
laugh.gif

Kid needs to compose himself out there.

Back
Top Bottom