Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

roll.gif
@ Mirko. That's ridiculous. I'll watch though.

Saturday night was dope! As good as I anticipated to be. The only fighter to really disappoint me was Soko. He doesn't look ready for Shogun at all fromthat fight. I know he's capable of better.

EliteXC and WEC this weekend, I'm lookin forward to seeing Torres submit another opponent! As much as I'd like to see Kid vs. Pulver/Faver, aKid/Torres match-up would be just as good IMO. Hell, Kid vs. ANYBODY sometime soon would be good, he's such a bad-%#+ to watch
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Kid vs Torres?? oh man!!!

I like Torres no doubt, but I think Kid would beat him pretty good. Kid would put wayyy too much pressure on Torres and he'd bully Torres. IMO, the onlytype of fighter to beat Kid is another pressure fighter, like a Jens or Pulver.

No way dude.. Torres by Round 2 Sub

Torres has not fought anyone even close to Kid's level, not even close. Kid has fought 155ers and pushed the pace against them and looked stronger thenthem. If you wanna talk about Torres' ground game but Kid has WORLD CLASS wrestling and he is not gonna get subbed no way, no how. I know everyone issipping that Torres juice right now but he is not on Kid's level. Kid via what ever he wants.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

No way dude.. Torres by Round 2 Sub

Torres has not fought anyone even close to Kid's level, not even close. Kid has fought 155ers and pushed the pace against them and looked stronger then them. If you wanna talk about Torres' ground game but Kid has WORLD CLASS wrestling and he is not gonna get subbed no way, no how. I know everyone is sipping that Torres juice right now but he is not on Kid's level. Kid via what ever he wants.
Mayhems assessment is on the $$$$. Torres has impressed me no doubt, but he is NOT on Kid's level.

Damn it seems like yall are doin the NT thing while watching the UFC PPV. I cant keep up with that. I gotta have full attention on the TV when the PPV is on. No time for play by play updates on the messageboards. I dont know how you guys do it.

Originally Posted by wildout4

is everyone taking urijah to win his next fight??? i dunno but i see lil evil taking this one.

those old ufc highlights of lil evil during the promos were dope.

this is a tough fight, up until ive always rooted for faber cause the guy's a straight up beast at 145 and i sorta still am rooting for him but a partof me is also rooting for pulver cause he's also a beast and happens to be the under dog for this fight, as i watched the show about their fight,"outside the cage" i think its called, right there i realized that im rooting for pulver to win this one, either way ill be happy cause theyre bothgreat fighters

why are people even comparing torres to kid???

No one was comparing them. Someone bought up Torres vs. Kid and people just responded to them. No one said anything about them being the same fighter oranything like that...

No one was comparing them. Someone bought up Torres vs. Kid and people just responded to them. No one said anything about them being the same fighter or anything like that...
laugh.gif

"As much as I'd like to see Kid vs. Pulver/Faver, a Kid/Torres match-up would be just as good IMO. Hell, Kid vs. ANYBODY sometimesoon would be good, he's such a bad-*** to watch."

The reason I feel it'll be good to watch was stated earlier, and that is their 'clash' of styles. Torres has never really been pressed in a fight,and there is no better aggressor in MMA than Yamamoto.

As good as Torres has looked, I'll take Kid in a 1st round TKO anyday. Torres is only hope would be a takedown from the clinch (assuming it's in acage), and catching Kid in a sub. Call me crazy, but ground-wise, Torres > Kid.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

No one was comparing them. Someone bought up Torres vs. Kid and people just responded to them. No one said anything about them being the same fighter or anything like that...
laugh.gif

"As much as I'd like to see Kid vs. Pulver/Faver, a Kid/Torres match-up would be just as good IMO. Hell, Kid vs. ANYBODY sometime soon would be good, he's such a bad-*** to watch."

The reason I feel it'll be good to watch was stated earlier, and that is their 'clash' of styles. Torres has never really been pressed in a fight, and there is no better aggressor in MMA than Yamamoto.

As good as Torres has looked, I'll take Kid in a 1st round TKO anyday. Torres is only hope would be a takedown from the clinch (assuming it's in a cage), and catching Kid in a sub. Call me crazy, but ground-wise, Torres > Kid.
grin.gif

Man... don't get me started on the whole wrestling vs. BJJ argument
laugh.gif

Wrestling BTW...

Just reminding people to tune into CBS tomorrow @ 9 PST / EST Time for the EliteXC Saturday Fight Night.

EDIT: I was setting my DVR this morning when I notice that the boardcast time was at 9 PST. Im guessing the live event is at 6-9 EST and they boardcast thefights at 9 EST / PST time. Meaning people on the east coast would see it 3 hrs. before people on the west. I just thought it was a live event but I'mwrong.

They HAVE to show a replay
frown.gif
.. I'm hittin the club tonightand if its a 3 hour event (?) I know Kimbo ain't fightin til like 11:45 and I'll be gone way before then.
mad.gif

Lot of MMA this weekend. I can't wait to see Kimbo tonight. Hope he pounds Thompson to the ground.

On a other note:

For WEC, I see Faber winning but it's going to be a good fight.

Back
Top Bottom