Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

bj penn Wants GSP?!?!?!

i dont think he wants to see GSP....

A motivated, in shape BJ can beat GSP. Everyone tries to dogs BJ's cardio, but he was fine tonight. The only time he's gassed was against GSP, and Iactually had BJ winning that. Against Hughes he had a broken rib. I can't name any other time he's gassed.

Silva
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this dude is back

Penn went IN, he wants GSP and i'm sure GSP wants to prove that he's capable of a way better performance than in their first fight.

I would love to see Penn vs florian/huerta though..

Originally Posted by Gothams Terror

Silva
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this dude is back

Penn went IN, he wants GSP and i'm sure GSP wants to prove that he's capable of a way better performance than in their first fight.

I would love to see Penn vs florian/huerta though..

Honestly, after seeing BJ his past couple of fights, I think he would destroy Ken-Flo/Huerta, BAD. BJ will probably still take one more fight at lightweightthough, then move on to GSP. GSP already has a fight in August against Fitch. It would be too long of a layoff for BJ. Maybe BJ/GSP for a New Years event (or adate around there)?

Awesome fight by BJ... he barely got touched tonight, a few decent punches landed by Sherk but he cut him up early and was landing a good number of his punchesand hurting Sherk slowly and consistently...

I still don't entirely understand Sherk's strategy... i know BJ is the man on the ground as much as he is on his feet, but i just don't see howsherk thought he could take him standing up.. he's always talked up for having great cardio, and he didn't even test BJ's cardio by dancing aroundthe ring with him for 3 rounds, Penn barely broke a sweat out there and was just mocking Sherk's tiny little reach on his wild-!#* punches that weren'tlanding.

I don't know.. Sherk was a huge disappointment basically, dude is a physical specimen and a great competitor, but he just didn't appear to be inBJ's league as a fighter right now.. I think Penn is just really coming into his prime right now, dude looks sicker and tighter everytime i watch him nowfor the last 3 fights or so. There's nobody i enjoy watching fight more than him.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

bj penn Wants GSP?!?!?!

i dont think he wants to see GSP....

YEA thats right, I think Bj wants to see GSP, Both completely different fighters now; Both are focused and dedicated. That would be a rematch that will godown in history. Wanderlei Silva back at it again!! AHAHAH that was great, Did u freakin see how he chocked the hell out of Jardine with one hand and the otherwith hits and hammer fists! that was great. SOKO also....calling out SHOGUN!?! crazy match should've been place in pride while they were still on; Well,SOKO and Wanderlei were in the works, but Zuffa went in and bought Pride.I was scared at first cuz the day before the weigh-ins bj lost 5 pounds that day andwas sort of dehydrated, but i knew Bj would do well, especially when i was in hilo watching him train, therefore he did great with using his reach as aplan...Ma boy has crazy heavy hands. Bj ran over to grab sherks blood and lick it off his hands. Me and the fam couldn't make it out in vegas but we sawthe 808 crew from hawaii on tv. It's ko0 tho me and the fam busted out our team BJ corner man shirts also. Damn didn't expect that knee...ahahah thatwas great. Bj got him against that cage and started throwing those hooks like he finished Coal Uno. We'll can't wait to go back to Hilo Next month andtrain with BJ. Great show worth watching. Like Penn said, he wanted to show the right way on how a real champ prepares the legit way and holds the belt, and BJdid that.

BJ's the man. Straight lickin' blood and stuff. I think right now, GSP>BJ. I still wanna see BJ fight the winner of Florian/Huerta.

SMH @ Jardine.

Tito is done. As much as I love Machida, I doubt the UFC is ready to give him a title shot. He's just not marketable. That being said, I'm gonna playJOe Silva matchmaker for the 205 division:

Wandy vs. winner of Rampage/Forrest

Iceman vs. Shogun

Thiago vs. Machida

Soko vs. Rashad

Jardine vs. Hamill

Jardine needs to retire or something... everytime i see dude fight in the last year he's getting whooped and bad. I know he was famous once, but it'stime to give it a rest, imo. i'm glad tito is likely gone, dude is annoying.. he gets hit butt beat for 2.9 periods, then BLOWS an arm bar and loses thematch, and then won't shut up on the mic after the match... go away, nobody cares about you bud.

By the way, what's up with Rashad? I haven't seen him in a minute, did he fight recently and i missed it or was he injured/suspended or what?

if penn vs gsp happens, thats definitely gonna be fight of the year, yea both fighters are completely different in that they are both even better, a focusedand determined bj vs a bigger stronger st pierre who's probably got the best takedowns 155-185

Originally Posted by wildout4

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk
Wanderlei Silva v. Keith Jardine
Wilson Gouveia v. Goran Reljic
Tito Ortiz v. Lyoto Machida
Thiago Silva v. Antonio Mendes

Undercard
Ivan Salaverry v. Rousimar Palhares
Rameau Sokoudjou v. Kazuhiro Nakamura
Rich Clementi v. Terry Etim
Jon Koppenhaver v. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Jason Tan v. Dong Hyun Kim
Christian Wellisch v. Shane Carwin

pimp.gif

only one off with the ivan salaverry fight.

but damn i dunno who i wanna see fight more bj vs gsp or anderson vs gsp.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Jardine needs to retire or something... everytime i see dude fight in the last year he's getting whooped and bad. I know he was famous once, but it's time to give it a rest, imo. i'm glad tito is likely gone, dude is annoying.. he gets hit butt beat for 2.9 periods, then BLOWS an arm bar and loses the match, and then won't shut up on the mic after the match... go away, nobody cares about you bud.

By the way, what's up with Rashad? I haven't seen him in a minute, did he fight recently and i missed it or was he injured/suspended or what?

Rashad was supposed to fight Thiago on this card, then Shogun was injured so they moved him to UFC 85 to fight Chuck, then Chuck got hurt and then he wasslated to fight James Irvin. Then Irvin got hurt, and they were gonna have Luiz Cane (which probably would've been a better fight any way because he waswhooping Irvin's *$+ during their fight) fight him, but then I think it was Evans who decided to just not fight on the card. Sooooo... I don't knowwhere he goes from here. I guess he can still fight Thiago like originally planned.

Yoshida and Dong were just insane. Both have mad potential in the UFC. DHK had those sick judo throws and vicious elbows, Yoshida had that awesome anaconda.
Penn was great. wandy was a beast.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Jardine needs to retire or something... everytime i see dude fight in the last year he's getting whooped and bad. I know he was famous once, but it's time to give it a rest, imo. i'm glad tito is likely gone, dude is annoying.. he gets hit butt beat for 2.9 periods, then BLOWS an arm bar and loses the match, and then won't shut up on the mic after the match... go away, nobody cares about you bud.

LOL In the last year and a half he's beaten Chuck and Forrest and now he needs to retire for losing vs WANDERLEI?! Please step up your UFCknowledge. Also it wasn't an Arm Bar it was a triangle and why shouldn't he be able to speak? He has been in the UFC his entire career! God these noobsare annoying.. Anyways I called it 5/5 and i'm a pretty happy guy..
smile.gif

^^^it was both triangle and armbar. when he mounted machida he pulled the arm up. that was crazy, thought he was gonna pull the sub and upset machida.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

^^^it was both triangle and armbar. when he mounted machida he pulled the arm up. that was crazy, thought he was gonna pull the sub and upset machida.
eek.gif
WORD! When I saw Machida struggling my heart stopped for that 3 seconds. I won free pizza and $100 yesterday
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom