Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

As you can see there were two fights going. MACHIDA AND TITO MEASURING AND LAVIGNE GETTING ROCKED BY THE OCTAGON
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

As you can see there were two fights going. MACHIDA AND TITO MEASURING AND LAVIGNE GETTING ROCKED BY THE OCTAGON
roll.gif

That was hilarious. The crowd was going wild and Levigne had a big ole grin on his face right afterwards.
roll.gif

LOL In the last year and a half he's beaten Chuck and Forrest and now he needs to retire for losing vs WANDERLEI?! Please step up your UFC knowledge.
Chuck is done... dude doesn't have it anymore, he's just getting paid right now for the most part. He was never a complete fighter, andthere's too many complete fighters right now for him to still be hanging around.

[table][tr][td]Loss[/td] [td]13-4-1[/td] [td] Wanderlei Silva[/td] [td]KO (Punches)[/td] [td]UFC 84 - Ill Will[/td] [td]02008-05-24 24 May 2008[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0:36[/td] [td] Nevada, United States[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Win[/td] [td]13-3-1[/td] [td] Chuck Liddell[/td] [td]Decision (Split)[/td] [td]UFC 76 - Knockout[/td] [td]02007-09-22 22 September 2007[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5:00[/td] [td] California, United States[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Loss[/td] [td]12-3-1[/td] [td] Houston Alexander[/td] [td]TKO (Punches)[/td] [td]UFC 71 - Liddell vs. Jackson[/td] [td]02007-05-26 26 May 2007[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0:48[/td] [td] Nevada, United States[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Win[/td] [td]12-2-1[/td] [td] Forrest Griffin[/td] [td]TKO (Punches)[/td] [td]UFC 66 - Liddell vs Ortiz II[/td] [td]02006-12-30 30 December 2006[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4:41[/td] [td] Nevada, United States[/td] [/tr][/table]

Let's see.. he beat Forrest the end of 2006... since then he was twice knocked the f out by two guys in under a minute, and then got a split decisionagainst a washed up Liddell. Jardine is like 33 now, if this ain't the downside of his career I don't know what is.

Also it wasn't an Arm Bar it was a triangle and why shouldn't he be able to speak? He has been in the UFC his entire career! God these noobs are annoying.. Anyways I called it 5/5 and i'm a pretty happy guy..
smile.gif

K, it was an armbar as well actually, after the triangle, but keep calling my knowledge into question since you're obviously a UFC proyourself. and he shouldn't be able to speak because he's annoying and had nothing to say anyhow. Good riddance.

How is chuck done? He's still arguably an easy top 3 in the LHW division. You're right he never was a complete fighter and still isnt, but he'sstill great enough to beat 98% of these complete fighters that you speak of. I'd like to know who you're talkin about exactly...but I'm pretty sureChuck will be just as good or better. Dude doesn't have it anymore? I've never seen Chuck more focused lately since Couture 2.. As forJardine...he's a little weird. Yea he's lost in devastating fashion, but if that's the logic then I guess Wanderlei should retire too huh? He'shad loses, but hes still good enough to put up a good fight against most big name LHWs out there.

Originally Posted by kicks and kix

How is chuck done? He's still arguably an easy top 3 in the LHW division. You're right he never was a complete fighter and still isnt, but he's still great enough to beat 98% of these complete fighters that you speak of. I'd like to know who you're talkin about exactly...but I'm pretty sure Chuck will be just as good or better. Dude doesn't have it anymore? I've never seen Chuck more focused lately since Couture 2.. As for Jardine...he's a little weird. Yea he's lost in devastating fashion, but if that's the logic then I guess Wanderlei should retire too huh? He's had loses, but hes still good enough to put up a good fight against most big name LHWs out there.

He's lost 2 of his last 3 after winning a lot in a row, and he's 38 years old and still doesn't have any kind of ground game. I mean, i'mnot saying these dudes (tito, chuck, silva, and jardine) still can't whoop a lot of #*@ out there, but as far as being top flight contenders, they'reall surpassed by a good list of other guys:

Rampage, Henderson, Forest, Evans, Lyoto, Rua... those are just who i think of off the top of my head, i feel like there's a lot of guys we haven'tseen all that much that could all give those four guys i mentioned a really good fight at this point too. Whereas these other 6 guys all seem very top-flightto me still.. yeah, they've all taken their bumps along the way, but i feel like these 6 are ahead of the first 4 as of TODAY, and i don't see theother 4 overtaking any of these 6 in the near future... but, that's just the feeling i get.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

How is chuck done? He's still arguably an easy top 3 in the LHW division. You're right he never was a complete fighter and still isnt, but he's still great enough to beat 98% of these complete fighters that you speak of. I'd like to know who you're talkin about exactly...but I'm pretty sure Chuck will be just as good or better. Dude doesn't have it anymore? I've never seen Chuck more focused lately since Couture 2.. As for Jardine...he's a little weird. Yea he's lost in devastating fashion, but if that's the logic then I guess Wanderlei should retire too huh? He's had loses, but hes still good enough to put up a good fight against most big name LHWs out there.

He's lost 2 of his last 3 after winning a lot in a row, and he's 38 years old and still doesn't have any kind of ground game. I mean, i'm not saying these dudes (tito, chuck, silva, and jardine) still can't whoop a lot of #*@ out there, but as far as being top flight contenders, they're all surpassed by a good list of other guys:

Rampage, Henderson, Forest, Evans, Lyoto, Rua... those are just who i think of off the top of my head, i feel like there's a lot of guys we haven't seen all that much that could all give those four guys i mentioned a really good fight at this point too. Whereas these other 6 guys all seem very top-flight to me still.. yeah, they've all taken their bumps along the way, but i feel like these 6 are ahead of the first 4 as of TODAY, and i don't see the other 4 overtaking any of these 6 in the near future... but, that's just the feeling i get.
True Chuck doesnt have much of a ground game...but his incredible takedown defense doesn't let anyone take him down anyway. The last one to takehim down and hold him there was Randy in their first fight and that was YEARS ago. Tito couldn't take him down and he's better in almost all aspectsthan Rashad. Shogun hasn't been the same since the Coleman fight. Forest, IMO, is an update to Jardine but with more heart, but far from well-rounded.Actually I take that back, he's more well rounded than he shows, but has the tendency to dumb down his talents to make things exciting. I LOVE watchingHendo, but he gets stupid too. As of right now Chuck would be a heavy favorite against these 4 (though i gotta say Hendo will put up a hell of a fight).Can't argue with you on Page and Machida. Page won twice, that speaks for itself...and I dont think anyone wants Machida right now.

I wouldn't say Chuck is done. I just think he's in the same spot as Rich right now. He can't beat the top guy. He's still a very good fighterand can beat a lot of guys in that division, just not the top guy. He's pretty much there to play spoiler. He's not done yet.

There were talks before about him moving up and I think he can. He would be a bit on the smallish side but he was a big LHW any way, so it wouldn't be toobig of a disadvantage. And with the way the HW's are right now he can be an instant contender. Maybe if he fights and loses to Page yet again it willhappen.
Rampage, Henderson, Forest, Evans, Lyoto, Rua... those are just who i think of off the top of my head, i feel like there's a lot of guys we haven't seen all that much that could all give those four guys i mentioned a really good fight at this point too.
Evans and Hendo are tailor made for Chuck, esp. Evans. He made a career out of beating wrasslers. Rua is on the smallish side and can have thesame problem Wandy had. I would like to see how Griffin does against Page first before I make a decision. He's been too up and down for my liking. He'sa fighter that loves to come foward and I think that'll fall pray to Chuck and his crisp counter punching. And with Machida, I'm not sure. He just hasthis way of frustrating people with how much he backs up. The only person I can't see Chuck beating is Page, and that's because Page has pretty muchdominated Chuck the last two fights.

i enjoyed this card... good to see the 2 fighters i hate the most (jardine and sherk) get embarassed. Don't know about BJ vs GSP
embarassed.gif
Still, i'd love to see that!

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

He's lost 2 of his last 3 after winning a lot in a row, and he's 38 years old and still doesn't have any kind of ground game. I mean, i'm not saying these dudes (tito, chuck, silva, and jardine) still can't whoop a lot of #*@ out there, but as far as being top flight contenders, they're all surpassed by a good list of other guys:

Rampage, Henderson, Forest, Evans, Lyoto, Rua... those are just who i think of off the top of my head, i feel like there's a lot of guys we haven't seen all that much that could all give those four guys i mentioned a really good fight at this point too. Whereas these other 6 guys all seem very top-flight to me still.. yeah, they've all taken their bumps along the way, but i feel like these 6 are ahead of the first 4 as of TODAY, and i don't see the other 4 overtaking any of these 6 in the near future... but, that's just the feeling i get.
Jesus, losing vs Rampage and having a bad fight vs Jardine and you're done? He whooped Wandy his last fight. Age has nothing to do with it. Randyis 44 and? Rampage only beat Hendo because Hendo is a very small LHW and Page is still unproven vs a good MT fighter, Henderson like I said is a very small guyfor the LHW division and will probably stay at 185 not to mention he's as old as chuck and lost 2 in a row but Chuck is done and Hendo isn't?, Forresthad a good fight against Shogun who shouldn't had taken that fight in the first place and was obviously not his old self gasing at the top of the 2ndround, imo Forest was still a fight away from a title shot, Evans is still unproven in my book, unlike the guys you listed he hasn't fought any A levelfighters, Lyoto is a savage now, and Shogun would destroy if he came back in shape but who knows.

but Chuck is done and Hendo isn't
my reasoning there is hendo moved b/w weights there, and one of his losses was to arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world inspider, which nobody can blame him for losing imo.

like i said at the end - it's just how i see it. these guys trade wins and losses throughout their careers and unless they are fighting every week,it's hard to say who's where when, for sure. It's just how i feel personally, and it seems i am slightly in the minority.. but i always held chuckas a bit overrated b/c of being such a fan fav. it's whatever though.
happy.gif

Chuck is about as done as Hendo is, which is not even close to being "done". Is he in his prime? Nope. He's on the down-slide for sure. Buthe's not done.

That's how stacked the 205 weight class is. And that's why you're starting to see this exodus to 185.

There's this upper echelon of fighters in 205, and everybody in that group could catch anybody else in that group on any given night.

But Chuck is still an upper echelon fighter, he's arguably one of the largest draws in MMA, and there are still several "dream" match ups withguys from Pride/TUF that would draw a lot of interest as soon as he gets healthy.

We're still going to see a lot of Chuck.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i enjoyed this card... good to see the 2 fighters i hate the most (jardine and sherk) get embarassed. Don't know about BJ vs GSP
embarassed.gif
Still, i'd love to see that!

�How can you hate Keith Jardine?

He's the *******' TECHNOVIKING?

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I wouldn't say Chuck is done. I just think he's in the same spot as Rich right now. He can't beat the top guy. He's still a very good fighter and can beat a lot of guys in that division, just not the top guy. He's pretty much there to play spoiler. He's not done yet.
just like mayhem said. He plays a spoiler. I do think he can still be on top though. He can beat anybody on any night including Page and Machida. Onpaper he has the tools to do so at least. I'd hate to be the next person to fight Machida. Even if I had a bat I'd still probably lose.

lol at the technoviking vid.

^Technoviking ftw
roll.gif

Overall a awesome fightcard with good fights! I hated to see Tito lose, been a fan of his since his Guy Metzger days, but the way he's been fighting latelymakes me think it's best for him to retire or sumthin.

BJ's fight was cool, dunno why Sherk decided to stand up with him for 3 rounds though..

And Wanderlei!
pimp.gif

^ Just assuming his plan was to take it to the later rounds and test BJ's cardio...same thing he did in the Diaz fight and so Im just assuming that he wasgoing to try the same thing. Plus those take down attempts utilize a ton of energy...which I guess could be used as an arguement for either side (why he did ordidnt try more takedowns).

I wanna see Faber and Sherk...I think Faber would take it but still I think itd be awesome to watch.

Originally Posted by 01heavencent

^ Just assuming his plan was to take it to the later rounds and test BJ's cardio...same thing he did in the Diaz fight and so Im just assuming that he was going to try the same thing. Plus those take down attempts utilize a ton of energy...which I guess could be used as an arguement for either side (why he did or didnt try more takedowns).

I wanna see Faber and Sherk...I think Faber would take it but still I think itd be awesome to watch.

I love Uriah but he would just be taken down throughout the whole fight at will. He walks around at 154ish and Sherk walks around 170ish. If Sherk is toobig for a lot of 155ers, what makes you think he wouldn't dwarf Uriah? Honestly the only I fight I wanna see Uriah after the Pulver fight is Kid.

And about waiting for Penn to gas, he wasn't going to finish Penn and Penn was already up 3-0, so it wouldn't have mattered. I really think Sherkwas gonna try to outbox him. I think the whole BJ cardio thing has to go out the window. Only time BJ has gassed was against GSP (and that was the first timeback in the UFC in a long time). The Hughes fight he broke a rib. I can't name any other time he gassed.

is everyone taking urijah to win his next fight??? i dunno but i see lil evil taking this one.

those old ufc highlights of lil evil during the promos were dope.

Ya I dont know, I was more or less just trying to come up with some reason for his interesting game plan or lack thereof. Urijah has a more rounded game thanSherk thus I think Faber would try to avoid the take down and even on his back I'd still be interested to watch Faber...kid is fun as hell to watch. And yaKid vs Urijah would be a nice match-up. Who else in the FW division can mess with Faber? I know he's the face of WEC but do you think the UFC will everbring him in for a LW fight?

Ya I dont know, I was more or less just trying to come up with some reason for his interesting game plan or lack thereof. Urijah has a more rounded game than Sherk thus I think Faber would try to avoid the take down and even on his back I'd still be interested to watch Faber...kid is fun as hell to watch. And ya Kid vs Urijah would be a nice match-up. Who else in the FW division can mess with Faber? I know he's the face of WEC but do you think the UFC will ever bring him in for a LW fight?

Sherk is much too big and strong for Faber. Faber would be taken down and pounded at will. Sherk did not get submitted by Franca, Diaz, Florian, or Karo. I would doubt that Urijah would pull that off. The last time he fought a bigger ground and pound, decent wrestler, Tyson Griffin, he lost. Sherk is a betterwrestler, and much stronger. Also, I doubt the UFC would bring in Faber to fight LW until all of the FW in the WEC have been defeated. The UFC knows Faber istheir "little brother" organization's best attraction, and by pulling him out, the org could sustain a massive hit.
On a side note, checkMiguel Torres. That dude is slick. Until someone keeps that dude on his feet he will keep submitting people.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Ya I dont know, I was more or less just trying to come up with some reason for his interesting game plan or lack thereof. Urijah has a more rounded game than Sherk thus I think Faber would try to avoid the take down and even on his back I'd still be interested to watch Faber...kid is fun as hell to watch. And ya Kid vs Urijah would be a nice match-up. Who else in the FW division can mess with Faber? I know he's the face of WEC but do you think the UFC will ever bring him in for a LW fight?

Sherk is much too big and strong for Faber. Faber would be taken down and pounded at will. Sherk did not get submitted by Franca, Diaz, Florian, or Karo. I would doubt that Urijah would pull that off. The last time he fought a bigger ground and pound, decent wrestler, Tyson Griffin, he lost. Sherk is a better wrestler, and much stronger. Also, I doubt the UFC would bring in Faber to fight LW until all of the FW in the WEC have been defeated. The UFC knows Faber is their "little brother" organization's best attraction, and by pulling him out, the org could sustain a massive hit.
On a side note, check Miguel Torres. That dude is slick. Until someone keeps that dude on his feet he will keep submitting people.
smokin.gif

With all due fairness to Faber that fight should've been stopped after the cut Faber got hitting his cage in the first. It was a nasty cut and Faberheld his own against a bigger fighter pretty damn well. I'd love to see those two fight again to be honest. Welll... Griffin's bulked up since then somaybe not.

And if anyone can explain how this makes any sense go ahead and tell me:

Nokaut Exclusive: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Ralek Gracie in Grappling Match at DREAM 4 [May 26, 2008]

Caleb Newby
ralek-gracie1.jpg

Nokaut.com has learned that Mirko Cro Cop will face Ralek Gracie, a black belt in brazilian jiu-jitsu, in a special rules grappling match on June 15's DREAM 4 card in Japan. Cro Cop was originally scheduled to fight Jerome LeBanner but that fight has been postponed. In the meantime, DREAM offered the Gracie grappling bout to Cro Cop, which he has accepted. The fight will take place under modified Abu Dhabi rules: two five-minute rounds with no point system. The only way to win will be via submission. Should the fight go the distance, it will be declared an automatic draw.

Mirko told Nokaut that while would prefer a grappling match with a points system, as he would have an improved chance to win using throws and takedowns, he still is looking forward to testing his ground game against top competition and is looking forward to the match.

Additionally, Nokaut has learned that both Igor Pokrajac from Cro Cop's team and Cro Cop's grappling coach Marcio Corletta may appear on DREAM 5, scheduled for July 21.
http://www.nokaut.com/?id=12&solo_news=1621&lang=e&cur=eur

laugh.gif
What the hell Mirko...

Back
Top Bottom