Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

True - The reason why they allowed him to fight James Thompson was because of his chin. He is tailor-made to get knocked out by Kimbo. Thompson got knocked outby Butterbean in like 30 seconds and by Aleks Emelianenko in like 10. In this sport size isn't as much of a factor as skill. Ask Brock Lesnar and Bob Sapp.With Thompson's skill level and his glass jaw, Kimbo should be more than capable of gettin the W

The ref kept looking to break up the ground work everytime pinata-ear had dominant position....he was yelling instructions speciafically to Kimbo..."Kimbo I need to see a little defense here" $!* is that? Dude is a professional MMA fighter....if he doesn't know how to intelligently defend the ground and pound, you call a TKO...I don't know if this was good or bad for MMA popularity but for real fans of the sport it was a joke.

The UFC or the WEC need national coverage not this trash.

This is the MMA not youtube.

Its like a world class sprinter joining the NFL as hyped up wide receiver, only to relaize that he can't catch a pass if his life depended on it.....Real MMA cats have been saying that Kimbo was a crude streetfighter who wouldn't do anything in this sport....and this proves them right. He basically fought a bum, who was tailor made for him to destroy on national TV, he received preferential officiating and he still looked horrible. He had no idea what to do once he got put on his back...that's unacceptable.

Maybe that fight looked entertaning to new viewers of the sport but Kimbo is missing the very basics that it takes to get anywhere in MMA and he is way too old to learn that now.

Damn bro you seem mad.

I don't know much about MMA but why dudes be so critical towards Kimbo. Ain't this just his third fight? I mean damn, give that man some time. Everybody gotta start somewhere. Floyd Mayweather ain't fight Oscar De La Hoya for his third fight. N's expecting him to be Kimbo Shamrock afterfight 3.
smh.gif

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I'm a huge Tyson fan as well, but there really aren't too many guys smaller than him, you know?

Kimbo's a big dude, so I see what you're saying about his schedulers needing to put him up against some dudes smaller than him or more equal in stature to him. But Tyson? There weren't too many dudes out there smaller than him in stature. He was a short, stout frame fighting tall, stout frames.

Thats a good point about Tyson, but I don't necessarily mean shorter, just leaner fighters. If not leaner, guys who were softer around the belly.Clifford Etienne is a prime example. Mike was short, but at the end of his career, he was up to about 230 (I actually think it was around 240, but I'm notpositive) so he had the pounds. In the mid and late 90's, Don King was GREAT at finding guys that were around Tyson's size and even a little bigger butjust out of shape in some cases. Thats pretty much Tyson's whole highlight reel, fighting bums. I don't know why they deviate from that formula towardsthe end...

And he was heavier than in his prime, but even at the end, he was never a *bloated* fighter a la Larry Holmes at the end of his career. Like, if you look atsome of the guys Holyfield was facing? THATS good scheduling. Holyfield was shot to the point where he made the fights look terrible but Tyson wasn't asshot as Holyfield is, so if Tyson's handlers had him fighting guys that could just overpower him, he'd of done a lot better. Lol, and he probably wouldhave gotten a title shot and, of course, lost similarly to how he did against Lewis but at least he would have gotten one more power-payday...

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

The ref kept looking to break up the ground work everytime pinata-ear had dominant position....he was yelling instructions speciafically to Kimbo..."Kimbo I need to see a little defense here" $!* is that? Dude is a professional MMA fighter....if he doesn't know how to intelligently defend the ground and pound, you call a TKO...I don't know if this was good or bad for MMA popularity but for real fans of the sport it was a joke.

The UFC or the WEC need national coverage not this trash.
This is the MMA not youtube.

Its like a world class sprinter joining the NFL as hyped up wide receiver, only to relaize that he can't catch a pass if his life depended on it.....Real MMA cats have been saying that Kimbo was a crude streetfighter who wouldn't do anything in this sport....and this proves them right. He basically fought a bum, who was tailor made for him to destroy on national TV, he received preferential officiating and he still looked horrible. He had no idea what to do once he got put on his back...that's unacceptable.

Maybe that fight looked entertaning to new viewers of the sport but Kimbo is missing the very basics that it takes to get anywhere in MMA and he is way too old to learn that now.

Damn bro you seem mad.

I don't know much about MMA but why dudes be so critical towards Kimbo. Ain't this just his third fight? I mean damn, give that man some time. Everybody gotta start somewhere. Floyd Mayweather ain't fight Oscar De La Hoya for his third fight. N's expecting him to be Kimbo Shamrock after fight 3.
smh.gif

- Preciate it.

only James Thompson aint no Oscar. More like Oscar's ******ed little cousin who just happens to be big.

Kimbo's dedication is very much appreciated by true MMA heads. No question about that. He trains with one of the best trainers right now and if he can earnBas' respect then he has mine. Kimbo has a very strong punch, good accuracy at that too. It's only dudes that claim he's the second coming thatpeople like me have a problem with.

But yea back to what you're sayin...James Thompson is nowhere cream of the crop. He is at many times laughable in his fights just cuz he's a doof...soyour analogy is way off. That being said Brock Lesnar would probably eat Kimbo alive even though Brock has less 'fight' training. This coming fromsomeone who was rooting against Lesnar.

This U Mad? thing is really getting corny now...

Floyd was a virtuoso by the age of 15 and Thompson is not the MMA Oscar De La Hoya.......you're not even making sense.

You give someone who has real MMA ability....2 years of training with Bas Ruten, 3 professional fights and access to the resources that Kimbo has.....put themin against Thompson....the fight wouldn't last more than a minute.

IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE REAL MMA ACTION...TUNE INTO PULVER VS. FABER....TOMORROW NIGHT @ 9PM ON VERSUS.

abeautifulhaze:
IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE REAL MMA ACTION...TUNE INTO PULVER VS. FABER....TOMORROW NIGHT @ 9PM ON SPIKE.
Will do.
happy.gif
Thanks for the heads up.

I was hoping that Kimbo would become a star and elevate the sport in national popularity but some of the fighters off of "The Ultimate Fighter"reality TV show would put Slice to sleep or divorce his arm from his body.

A Mirko Cro Cop (
smh.gif
) or even a Chuck Liddel (30 pounds lighter) could literally kill homeboy.

^ Yeah, I just checked the listings, and it shows that CSI is on at 9 on Spike tomorrow night. So that sucks, because I don't have Versus.

Floyd was a virtuoso by the age of 15 and Thompson is not the MMA Oscar De La Hoya.......you're not even making sense.

You give someone who has real MMA ability....2 years of training with Bas Ruten, 3 professional fights and access to the resources that Kimbo has.....put them in against Thompson....the fight wouldn't last more than a minute.

IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE REAL MMA ACTION...TUNE INTO PULVER VS. FABER....TOMORROW NIGHT @ 9PM ON SPIKE.
First off I ain't even say "U Mad?" I just pointed out that you seemed upset. By the tone in your response it just seemed like youwere pissed about somethin and I was tryna figure out what it was. Like do you have some personal attachment to the sport or what?

Secondly how did I not make sense? I was saying that dudes are giving Kimbo alotta criticism about how he executed this fight and how he fought a nobody butit's only his third fight. Even the best fighters have to start somewhere. Floyd didn't get a title shot on fight #3 nor did he look like MoneyMayweather by fight #3. It took him some time to work his way to the top. All I'm saying is give Kimbo some time before ya'll crucify the man. Besides, dude seems humble so I can't even understand where all the hate towards HIM is coming from. If anything hate the fans and media for hyping him upso much.

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

You give someone who has real MMA ability....2 years of training with Bas Ruten, 3 professional fights and access to the resources that Kimbo has.....put them in against Thompson....the fight wouldn't last more than a minute.

First off I ain't even say "U Mad?" I just pointed out that you seemed upset. By the tone in your response it just seemed like you were pissed about somethin and I was tryna figure out what it was. Like do you have some personal attachment to the sport or what?

Secondly how did I not make sense? I was saying that dudes are giving Kimbo alotta criticism about how he executed this fight and how he fought a nobody but it's only his third fight. Even the best fighters have to start somewhere. Floyd didn't get a title shot on fight #3 nor did he look like Money Mayweather by fight #3. It took him some time to work his way to the top. All I'm saying is give Kimbo some time before ya'll crucify the man. Besides, dude seems humble so I can't even understand where all the hate towards HIM is coming from. If anything hate the fans and media for hyping him up so much.

- Preciate it.

Im not mad and i'm not trying to get at you....but this was Floyd's 3rd professional fight (notice that the clip is on 2:22 including refsinstructions):

Like I said Kimbo is not the MMA Floyd....so you comparison was a little off.

For Kimbo to get to the top of the MMA Universe....he has to go through fighters like this:

How well do you think he is going to do?....

Yea its just his 3rd fight but he has fought absolutely no one.
Ray Mercer & Tank Abbott

smh.gif

Kimbo is at an extreme disadvantage due to his late start. I know he's chasin $$ right now, but his future aint too bright.

this MMA thread resembles the Boxing thread back when de La Hoya/Mayweather fought ...
laugh.gif

and its an indication on the type of hype Kimbo and Elite have stirred up.
I aint mad at them, they have captured a New Audience You best believe.
Tonite wa Win/Win for MMA, UFC, Showtime and CBS.
Props for good entertainment

I wish Boxing would have the smarts to utilize national Television for a big Fight.

Deng.....i gotta tell ya Gina was looking good tonight.
pimp.gif
They need togive Kimbo some big names and competition...only if Ken shamrock won his last fight in cage rage 25, becuase if he did it would've been Kimbo vs. Shamrock. I saw alot of openings from kimbo in the ground. Im pretty sure Bas will work on him more.

Im not mad and i'm not trying to get at you....but this was Floyd's 3rd professional fight (notice that the clip is on 2:22 including refs instructions):

Like I said Kimbo is not the MMA Floyd....so you comparison was a little off.

No doubt, Kimbo is not to be compared to Floyd in terms of greatness in their prospective sports, I was just trying to make the point that eventhe best have to start�at the bottom�and work their way up.� It would�be suicide not to.� But you're right I coulda picked a better comparison.� Floyd ison another planet.

For Kimbo to get to the top of the MMA Universe....he has to go through fighters like this:

How well do you think he is going to do?....

Well like I said, I don't know much about MMA.
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Carry on.

Nah but seriously, I just noticed alotta hate for Kimbo and people are very condesending and I don't think that's warranted by the man.� I could see ifhe came into the sport talkin a whole buncha @$%% and steppin on toes, but dude is humble, hungry, and his story is kind of�a Cinderella story.� I would justlike to see dude succeed.

- Preciate it.

Yea, Im not too sure the extent of the caliber of fighters tho

but I want NO Parts of Golden Slime Promotions.
They got the Fix goin on in fights already,

laugh.gif
O My God I' kinda Tight that U upped Floyd's Fight

ualreadyknow - I get what you're sayin. Cut Kimbo some slack. That's all cool. I like the guy, he's very humble, hard-working, etc etc. By allmeans he should have steamrolled through JT but that's not his fault. I guess the frustration for us MMA heads stem from dudes on his nuts and the mediahyping him as the new posterboy when he is totally undeserving of it. He hasn't accomplished anything in the sport to get that sort of recognition andthere are many many other names that are deserving of the limelight. But yea, it's not his fault. He's just doing what he does to make a living. Atleast all of his nuthuggers is eating humble-pie like crazy right now...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea, Im not too sure the extent of the caliber of fighters tho

but I want NO Parts of Golden Slime Promotions.
They got the Fix goin on in fights already,

laugh.gif
O My God I' kinda Tight that U upped Floyd's Fight

Yeah...dudes thought Don King was bad...Golden Boy is the new Boxing Mafia.

You already know I had to sneak in the shameless PBF plug....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Faber Vs. Pulver tomorrow.......Faber has been training hard lately, I was with With Faber at hilo when he helped Bj train for sherk. Braddah Bj was workinghim hard on the ground......my opinon, it's going to be a close call tomorrow between the both; Both looked great at the weigh- ins. We'll just seetomorrow. O yeah while i was at Hilo chillin with Bj like couple months ago we saw "Kid" Yamamato i guess he was having a good ol vacation there.Can't wait to go back to Hilo.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Kimbo isn't getting a big fight for at least 4-5 more fights.

Word, there WERE talks about him fighting Roy Nelson... Key word is WERE. Not sure if we're gonna see it after this fight.

Gina was looking right tonight like usual
pimp.gif
. She's a badass andhopefully she can get her weight in order. Don't blame her though because of American Gladiator's weight restrictions and $%$!.

BIG UPS TO SCOTT. Dude has been busting @#@ in the gym and is a MUCH MUCH better fighter then he was, leaps and bounds.

Back
Top Bottom