Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

He doesn't weigh enough. He walks at 153.
Uriah is NOT going to the UFC. He's the face of the WEC and he isn't big enough to compete at 155. He's considered a small 145er, and there have been talks of him fighting at 135. At this point the only fight I'll be happy with is Kid/Faber.

153 is probably his final weight before dehydrating, im talking about the his weight before he starts preparing for a fight, i seriously doubt his highest weight during the year is 153, guy's pretty thick for 5'6, not sherk or stevenson thick but still very thick, im also 5'6 and in shape and when im at 160 im nowhere near as thick as faber

Nope, Uriah has said many times that 153 is his natural weight. His weight doesn't get higher then that because he is in shape all year round. Dude eatsnothing but healthy, natural, holistic foods. He was raised that way. Trust, he's 153. I've seen him step the scales on numerous occasions.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

UFC, WEC and EliteXC are different leagues that operate under the same rules (or at least they're supposed to). MMA is the name of the sport...Mixed Martial Arts

UFC is the most popular and has the biggest fighters, WEC is the up an coming league with a lot of talented fighters but they cater more to the smaller weight divisions and Elite XC is the least "elite" of those 3 leagues.

Kind of like how soccer has the Italian League, The MLS, the Premiere League, etc.

They are different entities in the same sport that basically operate under the same guidelines.

You also have to keep in mind that WEC is owned by Zuffa.

WEC has such an advantage because they can market on UFC television, and it's essentially the minor leagues for the UFC.

If Carlos Condit wins in August, I'm calling it now. He's going to be moved up to the UFC.
Mark straight knocked that dudes eyes crooked. That was awesome. My wife was on the same wrestling teams as Mark was in high school, so she was goingcrazy when he won.

That was miles ahead of last night's EliteXC card.

Oh, and don't get it twisted. It won't be so easy for Uriah to move up in weight class. He fights at 145, walks around at 155, and he used to wrestleat 135.

He's a bantamweight fighting at featherweight. Expecting him to fight at lightweight is like asking BJ Penn to fight at middleweight.

2 great fights tonight. Torres is a beast. There is no need for Pulver/Faber 2, Faber will beat him again. What we need to see is Faber/Kid.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Oh, and don't get it twisted. It won't be so easy for Uriah to move up in weight class. He fights at 145, walks around at 155, and he used to wrestle at 135.

He's a bantamweight fighting at featherweight. Expecting him to fight at lightweight is like asking BJ Penn to fight at middleweight.

not really, hes a featherweight fighting at featherweight, 145 is the perfect weight for someone thats 5'6, not to mention he's fought at 155against tyson griffin before

I don't know how else to explain it.

He spent over 5 years of his life cutting to 135 and he WALKS AROUND at 153.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Oh, and don't get it twisted. It won't be so easy for Uriah to move up in weight class. He fights at 145, walks around at 155, and he used to wrestle at 135.

not really, hes a featherweight fighting at featherweight, 145 is the perfect weight for someone thats 5'6, not to mention he's fought at 155 against tyson griffin before

He's considered a small featherweight. Height has little to do with it. It's his build. He can't really put on anymore weight.

And he NEVER fought Griffin at 155. That fight was at 145.

He's considered a small featherweight. Height has little to do with it. It's his build. He can't really put on anymore weight.

145 forreal? griffin looks big for 155 especially his legs

145 forreal? griffin looks big for 155 especially his legs

Yeah, Griffin wasn't that big back then (or as big). I think that was his 2nd or 3rd pro fight. It was for Faber's 145 title he had with GC.

Bastitch, I took your word and I just finished watching the Pulver Faber fight and it was a great battle. I will deff. be checking out more MMA fights in thefuture.

Seriously, Torres and Faber deserve to be on everyone's top 10 list.. These guys just don't disappoint with their styles.. Torres is a straight beast..So much heart and aggression in that skinny body.. He might have the best offense in the guard that I've seen in a long while and maybe ever.. Dudedoesn't stop working..

Is there a website (besides NikeTalk
laugh.gif
) where I can see when events are televised?

Like I mentioned earlier, it looks like Spike will be the only channel I'll be watching, so I'd like to see the events scheduled to air on Spike.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Is there a website (besides NikeTalk
laugh.gif
) where I can see when events are televised?

Like I mentioned earlier, it looks like Spike will be the only channel I'll be watching, so I'd like to see the events scheduled to air on Spike.

mmaweekly.com has a schedule, but it's a bit incomplete. Catch Spike Wed. starting at 9 for UFC Unleashed and right after is Ultimate Fighter. Otherthen that check the official websites or check mmajunkie.com for a list of major events (it's in the rumors section). Also be on the lookout forStrikeforce on NBC. I forget when it's on but just check your guide. It's on a couple times during the week. Strikeforce has put on some quality shows.You can catch Gilbert Melendez, Cung Le, Josh Thomson, Nam Phan, etc. I think Babalu is also on Strikeforce. They got Melendez/Thomson on June 27th and thatshould be a great fight.

If anyone wants to watch fights online mmalinker.com and mmatko.com are great sites.

also mmatube.com which will forward you to mmaplayground.com (for clips of fights online)

Dang this post jumped like 10 pages (or so it seems) over the weekend. Did I miss the entire Elite XC Debacle conversation?

Why no one saying Torres/Faber?

That would be insane, both have a complete skill set to be placed in the p4p category.

damn, i wanted pulver to end the streak..o well
now let's see him move up to 155 and fight in that class...zaffa (sp?) should just move him to UFC for just one event and fight one of these dude...lorian,sherk, lauzon, hughes, stevenson, or his trainer bj.
if he can beat one of these fighters...ill give him lots of props

last nights fight was amazing to watch. Great slugfest and Faber really impressed me. I didn't have the time to post it last night.

That Affliction card looks solid to me. It's gonna air on HD Fight Network,right?

The WEC last night was good. Faber impressed the hell out of me. His standup didn't look great but ability to beat Jens to the punch was very impressive.He is so damn quick. That should have been a fight that was on Network TV. Not Kimbo and his circus act. What a grabge fight. I wonder what can they give himnext. They already gave him Tank and Thompson. I would guess Giant Silva? Maybe Zulu? Elite XC has some damn good fighters it sucks that they are marketingthis hack as their face. MMA wants to rid themselves of the "street fighting" brand yet this company has decided to embrace it. Pitiful especiallywhen they have a Nick Diaz whose skill is off the charts. Or a great looking female in Gina Carano who is deadly in stand up. They have established fighterslike Yves and Frank and Ninja and Jake Shields. Those are the real fighters they should be watching out for. Not novelty acts but I guess its all about thegreen and Kimbo is bringing that to them. I

Originally Posted by Newbs24

The WEC last night was good. Faber impressed the hell out of me. His standup didn't look great but ability to beat Jens to the punch was very impressive. He is so damn quick. That should have been a fight that was on Network TV. Not Kimbo and his circus act. What a grabge fight. I wonder what can they give him next. They already gave him Tank and Thompson. I would guess Giant Silva? Maybe Zulu? Elite XC has some damn good fighters it sucks that they are marketing this hack as their face. MMA wants to rid themselves of the "street fighting" brand yet this company has decided to embrace it. Pitiful especially when they have a Nick Diaz whose skill is off the charts. Or a great looking female in Gina Carano who is deadly in stand up. They have established fighters like Yves and Frank and Ninja and Jake Shields. Those are the real fighters they should be watching out for. Not novelty acts but I guess its all about the green and Kimbo is bringing that to them. I

Exactly how I feel. Scott and Robbie should've been the main event. EliteXC can be a great promotion, BUT when you got a fat $#% like Gary Shaw runningthings and making MMA look like pro wrestling that's a problem.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

The WEC last night was good. Faber impressed the hell out of me. His standup didn't look great but ability to beat Jens to the punch was very impressive. He is so damn quick. That should have been a fight that was on Network TV. Not Kimbo and his circus act. What a grabge fight. I wonder what can they give him next. They already gave him Tank and Thompson. I would guess Giant Silva? Maybe Zulu? Elite XC has some damn good fighters it sucks that they are marketing this hack as their face. MMA wants to rid themselves of the "street fighting" brand yet this company has decided to embrace it. Pitiful especially when they have a Nick Diaz whose skill is off the charts. Or a great looking female in Gina Carano who is deadly in stand up. They have established fighters like Yves and Frank and Ninja and Jake Shields. Those are the real fighters they should be watching out for. Not novelty acts but I guess its all about the green and Kimbo is bringing that to them. I
Basically. When I think of EliteXC I think of Silva, Lawler, Ninja, and Gina. I really feel like these guys are getting the cold shoulder but like Titosay's "you can't come out against the guy who's writing your check." Also Bas can't be happy with that performance. Just terribleTakedown defense and the guillotine without closing the guard is elementary training. I still think Kimbo can be a beast in MMA because he's durable ashell, just needs the technique. Also UFC 85 is gonna be CRAZY. 84 and 85 within 2 weeks, how insane is that. That Werdum Vera fight has been on my mind for along time.

Back
Top Bottom