Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

What do you mean Faber's standup didnt look good? if anything, it showed how extremely well rounded he is. I was very impressed with his striking, andability to throw crisp combos. against such an experienced boxer as Pulver no less.

I'd buy Urijah a drink if he let me

Originally Posted by Club27

What do you mean Faber's standup didnt look good? if anything, it showed how extremely well rounded he is. I was very impressed with his striking, and ability to throw crisp combos. against such an experienced boxer as Pulver no less.

I will agree with you. Urijah's boxing really impressed me. Unfortunately I feel the FW division in the WEC is pretty weak and his best fightswould be in Japan. But how come noone is talking about 85? This has to be the most exciting compilation of MMA ever, 84, 85, 86 , TUF Finale, EliteXC allwithin 1 month and a week.

pimp.gif
@ Urijah coming out to California Love.

laugh.gif
@ Urijah and the cornrows.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

What do you mean Faber's standup didnt look good? if anything, it showed how extremely well rounded he is. I was very impressed with his striking, and ability to throw crisp combos. against such an experienced boxer as Pulver no less.

I will agree with you. Urijah's boxing really impressed me. Unfortunately I feel the FW division in the WEC is pretty weak and his best fights would be in Japan. But how come noone is talking about 85? This has to be the most exciting compilation of MMA ever, 84, 85, 86 , TUF Finale, EliteXC all within 1 month and a week.
I'm new to MMA who will be on the UFC cards and how much do the PPV's usually cost?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I will agree with you. Urijah's boxing really impressed me. Unfortunately I feel the FW division in the WEC is pretty weak and his best fights would be in Japan. But how come noone is talking about 85? This has to be the most exciting compilation of MMA ever, 84, 85, 86 , TUF Finale, EliteXC all within 1 month and a week.
I'm new to MMA who will be on the UFC cards and how much do the PPV's usually cost?

Look on mmajunkie.com and go to the Rumors section to see the cards. I think PPV's are usually 44.95? Someone confirm this because I haven't boughta PPV in a while.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Look on mmajunkie.com and go to the Rumors section to see the cards. I think PPV's are usually 44.95? Someone confirm this because I haven't bought a PPV in a while.

black box FTW!

The CBS announcing crew's endless hyperbole reaching its pinnacle when one of them compared Kimbo to Tiger Woods.

This would be applicable if Tiger had gained fame hitting trick shots in putt putt and then was invited to a second rate club championship which CBS was conned into televising. He then shot a final round 124, after which he was declared the winner anyway.
If you're a fan of MMA, then what Elite XC trotted out as a main event was mostly an absurd exhibition. It's like tuning in for the NBA Finals and finding the And 1 Mixtape Tour - only with announcers pretending Hot Sauce is a better player than Kobe Bryant.
As it was, Slice struggled his way to a sloppy third-round knockout of a complete tomato can.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-kimbo060108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-elitexctv060108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

EliteXC has been getting RIPPED and rightfully show. Had they not made Kimbo the main event (but still left him on the card) and would've done without theflashy pro wrestling type entrances they would've been golden. It's not Kimbo's fault, it's fat Gary Shaw.

Good to hear Rome not completely bashing MMA.

Hears the upcoming card for this Saturday's UFC card. For $45, I don't think its worth a buy. Now, if it was Iceman v. Shogun like it was orginally planned, then yeah, I would probably order it.

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

Thiago Alves vs. Matt Hughes- upset of the night
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick
Thales Leites vs. Nate Marquardt
Brandon Vera vs. Fabricio Werdum

PRELIMINARY CARD (NOT TELEVISED)

Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
Luiz Cane vs. Jason Lambert
Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

Thiago Alves vs. Matt Hughes

PRELIMINARY CARD (NOT TELEVISED)

I am not saying that Fabers standup wasn't effective because it was. He beat Jens to the punch but it just looked awkward to me. Faber is a stud and hecompletely dominated that fight but his standup was not eye popping to me. His ability to get his punches off first was but thats about it. I guess what I amsaying is that a couple of his standup aspects looked real good but OVERALL it wasn't the best. Still, it does show that he has another aspect to his gamethat can be very effective. He is gonna be a B to beat.

I watched most of the MMA cards this weekend cause no Boxing was on . but a few of the guys where impressive the Torres vs Maeda fight was very good thatdouble toe hold was crazy just great action . Torres has agreat skill set and is very long . Kimbo well he got a gut check froma guy that wasnt supposed togive him one I know that crazy Bas is gonna give him hell about and he should . Faber vs Pulver was the first time ive seen Faber ive seen Jens few times inUFC and when he breifly tried to be a Pro Boxer (he did really have the skill set ). Faber with the Cornrows and Califiornia love had me dying though . Faberis a good fighter he isnt as big as some of the other guys at his weight but he can fight stand up and on the ground and doesnt lye around in hold on theground he's always works for something and that what he did to Jens just straight up outworked him .

I'll be tuned into 85 this weekend. I watch all PPV's no matter who's fighting.
smokin.gif

MAIN CARD

Thiago Alves vs. Matt Hughes

PRELIMINARY CARD

Bas Rutten talks about Kimbo's fight.
http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/63/bas_rutten_325603.shtml

P.S. People ask me if the fight should have been stopped at the end in the second round, I say YES because those are the rules, it should have been stopped because Kimbo didn't do anything to improve his situation. But I think what made the ref NOT do it was the fact that Kimbo was giving his thumbs up the whole time to let the referee know that he was OK.
This was the refs decission, not Kimbo's.

June 21st, Jeff Monson will be fighting Kevin Randleman in an event called Godz of War. Other notable fighters on the card will be Luiz Azeredo, MuriloBustamante and Josh Haynes.
http://godzofwar.tv/

For those who missed it Jens V.S Faber will be replayed later this week on Versus.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I am not saying that Fabers standup wasn't effective because it was. He beat Jens to the punch but it just looked awkward to me. Faber is a stud and he completely dominated that fight but his standup was not eye popping to me. His ability to get his punches off first was but thats about it. I guess what I am saying is that a couple of his standup aspects looked real good but OVERALL it wasn't the best. Still, it does show that he has another aspect to his game that can be very effective. He is gonna be a B to beat.

yeah id have to agree, his standup looks a lot cleaner in his training videos but during the fight with jens, hed throw that right with plenty of power buthe wouldnt cover up or anything, like he'd just blast away with no regard

Anyways..........During last weekend WEC and EliteXC did great for the sport of MMA. My boy Mark Munoz got a victory....but i see alot of openings from himthat he needs to work on standing and ground games. Hopefully i can contact him since hes from Sac and bring him to Hilo when i go there in a couple of monthsso we can train with Braddah BJ and the rest. Munoz could use that worlds class training of BJJ from BJ. Last time i went there faber was getting worked on inthe ground from BJ.Now for sum news: We'll the "Phenom" is awaiting to make his return....Vitor Belfort is now training with Chute Box in Brazil.I wonder what happened with Belfort and Team Blackhouse? which has an awesome roster that include Big Nog, Machida, and the Spider. Vitor Belfort is Going tofight in the 185Ibs. Middleweight division. It's rumored that he will be aiming for the Affliction card. And my boy Penn the earliest you might see him isprolly December 31st; If not, then beginning of 2009......he's basically going to rest the year off. But who knows....Braddah BJ will pull something off.Manny Reyes Jr. wants a piece of Jens Pulver........Matt Hamill VS. Chuck Liddell might be happening, and "Napoa" is set to return to go againstJustin McCully which is still being planned for UFC 86. And Tito wants to make his own MMA promotion.

Looks like Kid might be fighting at DREAM 5:

HEIWA DREAM.5 Lightweight GP 2008 Final Round
Date: July 21st, 2008
Place: Osaka Jo Hall in Osaka, Japan

Featherweight Fight:
Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Joseph Benavidez (Fabers Training Partner)

Lightweight GP Final 4:
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Caol Uno
Eddie Alvarez
Shinya Aoki/Katsuhiko Nagata

Rumored:
Diaz vs Mach
CroCop vs TBA

Jerome Le Banner most likely will fight Cro cop in Dream 5; Unless, Le Banner was pulled off, didn't hear anyhting about that. Hopefully it's stillCro Cop VS. Le Banner II.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

I think its time for Urijah to try his hand at the UFC there is no one who can even compete with him in the WEC right now.
i don't think he weighs enough or is big enough to compete at 155.

he weighs enough, its obvious that his prefight weight is anywhere from 150-160, the problem is that he isnt big enough, he's 5'6, the guys in the ufc who are 5'6 are joe stevenson and sean sherk who are straight hulk status, not to mention most people fighting in 155 have fought at 170 before

He doesn't weigh enough. He walks at 153.

Uriah is NOT going to the UFC. He's the face of the WEC and he isn't big enough to compete at 155. He's considered a small 145er, and there have been talks of him fighting at 135. At this point the only fight I'll be happy with is Kid/Faber.
Torres fight was badass. Faber/Pulver fight was badass. Not much else to say about this card outside that the WEC has yet again put out another quality night of fights.

gomi vs faber? i think that'd be interesting

Originally Posted by MuraxMura

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

I think its time for Urijah to try his hand at the UFC there is no one who can even compete with him in the WEC right now.
i don't think he weighs enough or is big enough to compete at 155.

he weighs enough, its obvious that his prefight weight is anywhere from 150-160, the problem is that he isnt big enough, he's 5'6, the guys in the ufc who are 5'6 are joe stevenson and sean sherk who are straight hulk status, not to mention most people fighting in 155 have fought at 170 before

He doesn't weigh enough. He walks at 153.

Uriah is NOT going to the UFC. He's the face of the WEC and he isn't big enough to compete at 155. He's considered a small 145er, and there have been talks of him fighting at 135. At this point the only fight I'll be happy with is Kid/Faber.
Torres fight was badass. Faber/Pulver fight was badass. Not much else to say about this card outside that the WEC has yet again put out another quality night of fights.

gomi vs faber? i think that'd be interesting

Gomi is too big.

there so many good lightweight matchups out there its just that everyone is in a different org

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Looks like Kid might be fighting at DREAM 5:

HEIWA DREAM.5 Lightweight GP 2008 Final Round
Date: July 21st, 2008
Place: Osaka Jo Hall in Osaka, Japan

Featherweight Fight:
Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Joseph Benavidez (Fabers Training Partner)

Lightweight GP Final 4:
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Caol Uno
Eddie Alvarez
Shinya Aoki/Katsuhiko Nagata

Rumored:
Diaz vs Mach
CroCop vs TBA
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bout damn time!!!