Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Whatever happened to his left eye stopped any notion of him trying for an exciting fight.

What was up with Shields? Why continue the stand up? All this build up and talk about yadayada and Jake doesn't do anything. Come on man.

So I take it that GSP won the fight.. I would have order the pay per view.. but no way I'm paying to see a GSP vs Shields main event..

Originally Posted by truestt

Whatever happened to his left eye stopped any notion of him trying for an exciting fight.
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

He could see out of his left eye in most of his other fights and yet they were still incredibly boring.

Booorrriiinnnggg!!!
Shields did thumb GSP in the eye though.
It happened on one of the takedowns in the 3rd round.
GSP was taking him down and Shields reached at his face & scratched him in the eye.

Eh, winning is all that matters. I love GSP as much as the next fan but Anderson Silva is the p4p king.

Even before his eye got closed GSP was still hesitant. I mean, when you let Jake Shields get loose on you standing up you know you're doing something wrong man.

At the end of the day, GSP is just not the striker everybody expects and wants him to be, regardless of his athleticism, and we all need to just accept it. He's a great wrestler but he doesn't have knockout power and he doesn't have a great chin so he's not gonna be brawling with anybody. The end.

I'd love to see him fight Nick Diaz though. If Diaz can stay off his back, I think he might be the guy that can beat him.

I know most of you think the GSP fight was boring, but he is the champ so I guess he is playing it safe.

It's not like he's a biatch like Machida and just running and running... pity pat, pity pat... and then run some more.

At least GSP stands his ground and fights and tries to initiate the fight, but it's like you guys are expecting him to go all out and try to get a knockout... if I was him and the champ I would play it safe too.

Not everyone is a finisher like Mike Tyson... this coming from someone who isn't a GSP fan too.

Machida on the other hand... that KO was disgusting, but I just can't stand dudes fighting style run, run, run... then run some more... it's so tiring like man initiate or try to do something.

Anderson Silva is a term they use in Street Fighter... he's a turtler, he just stands around waiting and never initiates anything... just stands there and waits for the other guy to strike and I guess counters.

But, none of you ever knock those two fighters for their boring style because if the other guys isn't the aggressor then their fights would/are borefests too. At least GSP was bringing the fight to Shields.

The Machida kick was
eek.gif
... Jose Aldo and Hominick put on a great fight.. GSP/Shields was boring as expected... Ben Henderson also impressed... This might be the first ufc pay per view where i got every fight on the main card correct...

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

But, none of you ever knock those two fighters for their boring style because if the other guys isn't the aggressor then their fights would/are borefests too. At least GSP was bringing the fight to Shields.
Eh, I don't know how true that statement is.  People have always criticized Machida.  Even more now that he isn't the champ and lost against Rampage.  His gameplan is to outpoint you which is similar to how GSP fights now.  Did you forget how Anderson was public enemy number one after the Maia fight?  He isn't a popular guy.
Fans expect more from George.  At the beginning of his career he was a monster, destroying people and messing them up.  What happened to his vicious ground and pound?  Maybe he needs to train with Jon Jones.  Try a similar style by taking people down, unleashing hell by breaking people's faces with elbows.

I think with that type of style, you'd be more prone to mistakes. Especially against a strong grappler like Shields.

Like someone said earlier, he'll play it safe until someone really challenges him. There's no point for him to go all out and try some crazy Jon Jones flying knee deal. The only thing that's important to him is winning and staying the champ.

Nah, didn't he begin to team up with Roach for the Kos fight? He's been playing it safe ever since the Hughes or Serra fight, i think. I mean who can blame him? It's working for him.

Back
Top Bottom