Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

If Carwin made the correct choices after being out so long, he should have a huge advantage. iBelieve in Greg Jackson. Still stand with Carwin winning.

WOW

early lines on the Carwin v. JDS fight were NOT where I expecte them to be

JDS is -185 to -200 range
Carwin is +155 to +160 range

If Carwin is healthy and he doesnt have ring rust and he's got his lactic acidosis under control (big IF's) this is going to be a real tough fight for JDS. I thought the lines would have been more skewed to even.

I might have to drop some guap on Carwin. JDS is going to be a hell of a challenge, and he has the advantage skill-wise, but Shane has so much power in his hands. I think JDS wins, but with those lines... it's worth a gamble.

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Carwin? Whooo Goodnight JDS. Your undefeated streak is OVER
laugh.gif
 JDS will eat his lunch

Brock's career as a contender seems all but over. This disease is gonna cripple his training for the rest of his life.. darn shame
tired.gif

JDS all day 
pimp.gif

I'm a Carwin fan btw... He's definitely a more dangerous opponent than Brock. 

But...

I see them exchanging on the feet, JDS' hand speed being too much for Shane.

They Clinch up, JDS is able to shuck him off with supperior athleticism 

Shane shoots for the TD and get's caught and dropped with a well timed uppercut.

JDS follows up with strikes, Herb Dean pulls him off.

Cigano collects his KO of the Night check. 
happy.gif

ebeoh1.jpg

Training with Munoz, JDS will be ready for a good wrestler.

Originally Posted by geezythagreat

Lesnar Overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrated
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
on what basis?

like quiickz said, Lesnar is a champ who successfully defended his belt.

if he was never hit with the diverticulitis, who knows what kind of a legacy Lesnar would have had.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by geezythagreat

Lesnar Overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrated
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
on what basis?

like quiickz said, Lesnar is a champ who successfully defended his belt.

if he was never hit with the diverticulitis, who knows what kind of a legacy Lesnar would have had.

Exactly, my only problem with Lesnar is the way he reacts to getting hit. He needs to bring in some serious strikers from the boxing/kickboxing world to do some 100% sparring with him so he can get used to eating shots.

EDIT:
Also, Jon Jones decided not to have surgery for his right hand, but the Davis-Rashad fight is still slated. Rumours of Jones and Rashad nearly coming to blows at a nightclub have been spreading around, but I don't believe it because it claims Jones was chilling with Tito at the time.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quiickz

Naw, Carwin will gas and JDS will TKO him.
Lets not get too ahead of ourselves on JDS cardio either. I dont think Carwin will try to stand he might use his wrestling this fight but who knows.

Anyway else think Jon Jones pulling out the fight for surgery that he ended up deciding not to take was a punk move? If anything it might actually help Rashad out he needs a fight to get back in "fighting shape" he hasnt fought in forever

BC2310 wrote:

They Clinch up, JDS is able to shuck him off with supperior athleticism 

I don't know about that, Junior is definitely faster but not sure if he's a better athlete.  Technique is very important when it comes to grappling and wrestling.  Brock is a better athlete than both and Carwin defended his takedowns.  If Junior eats any punches when they clinch he's going down.  His strategy will be to stay on the outside so Shane can't get a hold of him.
GSP was probably annoyed that he had to breakup, he was probably at a table with women hanging all over him.  
laugh.gif

Yeah, Jones deciding not to have surgery is fishy to me.  They should just put him back in the fight with Rashad.  It seems like Rashad has been waiting forever for his title shot.

Originally Posted by chino905

Brendan Shaub gets his wish. He will face Big Nog in Rio at UFC 134.
confirmed?  i know that they said it was a done deal but that bout agreements had not been signed yet.  this is going to be a tough fight for Nog but hopefully he can pull it out.  CANT WAIT!

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Brendan Shaub gets his wish. He will face Big Nog in Rio at UFC 134.
confirmed?  i know that they said it was a done deal but that bout agreements had not been signed yet.  this is going to be a tough fight for Nog but hopefully he can pull it out.  CANT WAIT!

Not sure if the agreements of the bout have been completed, but i got this from ESPN.com

A heavyweight bout between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Brendan Schaub has been added to the UFC 134 event in August.

UFC officials confirmed the matchup Monday. It will take place Aug. 27 at the HSBC Arena in Rio De Janeiro.

Nogueira (32-6-1) hasn't fought since February 2010, when he suffered a first-round knockout loss to current heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez. Surgeries to the 34-year-old fighter's hip and knee have led to the longest inactive stretch of his professional career.

A former star in the Pride organization, Nogueira is 3-2 since moving to the UFC in 2007.

For Schaub (8-1), the fight is an opportunity at another high-profile win after knocking out Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic in his most recent fight in March. The former NFL player lobbied hard for the chance to meet Nogueira in the legend's home country.

Schaub will take a four-fight win streak into the contest.

Brett Okamoto covers mixed martial arts for ESPN.com.

And iff the UFC gives Machida and BJ Penn both a match at UFC 134 since both fighters are asking to be part of that card, it will be a crazy stacked card!! CANT WAIT!

And iff the UFC gives Machida and BJ Penn both a match at UFC 134 since both fighters are asking to be part of that card, it will be a crazy stacked card!! CANT WAIT!
theres some twitter buzz about Shields "calling out" BJ.  Supposedly John Hathaway is also asking for a fight with BJ.  I doubt its gonna happen, but I would love to see a Shields v. BJ fight.  I think its a bad matchup for Shields, but if he could get it to the ground I'd love to see the grappling that would ensue.

^^ I also heard that included in the tweets is a request for the Shields/Penn fight to be the first non title 5 round fight.

Back
Top Bottom