Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I feel good about Cains Title defense... JDS is good but he couldn't put away Roy Nelson and he looked tired at the end of 3 with him...

I got Cain in unanimous decision in his first defense.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dana played Jake Shields by makin him drop to 170 SMH
I wouldn't put it past him for 1 second...
Shields has been at 170 most of his career and it is the weight class where he would get a tittle shot sooner. At middleweight he would have to win 2-3 fight against top guys to a shot. At WW he only had to beat Kampman impressively to get an immediate one, which I know he couldn't even manage. Plus GSP is running out of opponents at 170. I still think Shield's should get the next title shot, based to how often GSP likes to fight the soonest he would be ready after December is around April, that gives Shields plenty of time to get accustomed to being at 170 again and give them time to have a #1 contenders for who is after Shields.
I just want Shields v. GSP to happen, either GSP out grapples Jake and it is
eek.gif
 or we see the return of Rush and George rapes him standing up. Either way I'm good.

Cain 
pimp.gif
 him and Dos Santos standing up will be epic but the fight probably will be decides on the ground.  And Brock is going to walk through Mir with such ease it is going to be funny 

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

So we're gonna ignore the clear haymaker to the back of the head?

So you're gonna ignore the rape that just ensued?
No. He clearly got outclassed (skill level difference striking was incredible).
But Cain caught Brock with a HEAVY right hand to the back of the head as Brock was retreating/falling (I gotta rewatch it). Hell, maybe he whiffed and that's why Dean didn't step in. But it looked like it connected. Can't ignore it if it did.

Hat's off to Cain though. Very, very impressive.
A lot of fights end with hits to the back of the head. It wasn't on purpose.
I'm not saying it was on purpose. I'm not blaming Velasquez. Just stating what I saw. It's a rule, right?
Just re-watched the fight.

At the 2:18 mark. The shot I thought was to the back of the head... clear shot to the jaw/temple area. I stand corrected.

Anyways, really, the Undertaker?
roll.gif

Im just picturing the fight going on then all the lights go off and when they come back on the Undertakers standing over a knocked out Brock Lesner
laugh.gif

Thanks for that upload.

Totally forgot that Taker was dealing with Michelle McCool these days.

And that's definitely true about Taker incorporating bits of MMA into his style from YEARS ago.

Cain
eek.gif

The boys from AKA are pretty good strikers.
pimp.gif

Cain + JDS =
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I just want Shields v. GSP to happen
Sounds boring. If GSP becomes more agressive with his striking then I might watch. The last couple of fights Ive seen Shields or GSP in have been..meh.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom