Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Dudes mentioning Pride's scoring system are not mentioning the numerous BS decisions that took place in Pride.
No one has said that the UFC should adopt it... People are saying that the Rampage/Machida fight is scored round by round unlike Pride... So I don't see the point in bringing up those decisions.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Dudes mentioning Pride's scoring system are not mentioning the numerous BS decisions that took place in Pride.
No one has said that the UFC should adopt it... People are saying that the Rampage/Machida fight is scored round by round unlike Pride... So I don't see the point in bringing up those decisions.
-I never said the UFC should adopt it either. 
-People aren't just saying the fight is scored round by round. On every MMA forum Pride is being brought up to give credit to the argument that Page won because he was coming forward and Machida was backing up, especially in the first round. So my answer to that is even though Pride used a different philosophy on judging fights, that still led to many bad decisions 

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Machida: loser of Jones/Bader? Phil Davis? Loser of Griffin/Franklin? Those are my top choices

Rampage: immediate title shot? winner of Jones/Bader? I would love for him to either get a title shot or fight winner of Jones/Bader

Please no immediate rematch of Page/Machida. Kinda boring........
Isn't Rashad first inline to get beat down by shogun?? Anyway, only fights i'm checking for in LW is Jon Jones vs ***.....Sons fights are exciting.

WW is looking pretty interesting now.. In addition to the usual contenders, Diego looked good last time out. Condit looked good against my son daniel hardy and if BJ stays up there could be some good matchups to come.

no one said pride's scoring system was perfect.  there's bad decisions in every organization under any rules.  that's a given and wasn't worth mentioning.
bj fighting at 170 again definitely shakes things up a bit.  lots of fun matchups for him.  his punching power is still good at that weight.

me personally, i'd like to see him fight the strikers in the division.  (alves, hardy, condit, anthony johnson)

see if they can hurt penn's granite chin.

I thought this was interesting.
Falcão slapped on an extremely tight RNC with about 14 seconds left in the round.  I was watching the time tick away and at about eight seconds the clock in the bottom left corner disappeared from the screen. 
In no more than two seconds later (and two seconds is being generous), the bell rang ending the round.  That means that there were AT LEAST six seconds left on that clock and plenty of time for Falcão to submit Harris!

I was wondering why Falcão refused to release his choke after the bell clearly rang, but I think I know why now.  He understood that he was being cheated.

http://bleacherreport.com...is-conspiracy-in-the-ufc

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Falcão slapped on an extremely tight RNC with about 14 seconds left in the round.  I was watching the time tick away and at about eight seconds the clock in the bottom left corner disappeared from the screen. 
In no more than two seconds later (and two seconds is being generous), the bell rang ending the round.  That means that there were AT LEAST six seconds left on that clock and plenty of time for Falcão to submit Harris!

I was wondering why Falcão refused to release his choke after the bell clearly rang, but I think I know why now.  He understood that he was being cheated.
on a related note...

Funny on how they kicked out Babalu  for holding onto an Anaconda but did not even warn BJ about his submission on ____ (can't remember the name). He held onto it for a good 5-10 more seconds after the ref already told him to let go

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Machida: loser of Jones/Bader? Phil Davis? Loser of Griffin/Franklin? Those are my top choices

Rampage: immediate title shot? winner of Jones/Bader? I would love for him to either get a title shot or fight winner of Jones/Bader

Please no immediate rematch of Page/Machida. Kinda boring........
Isn't Rashad first inline to get beat down by shogun?? Anyway, only fights i'm checking for in LW is Jon Jones vs ***.....Sons fights are exciting.

WW is looking pretty interesting now.. In addition to the usual contenders, Diego looked good last time out. Condit looked good against my son daniel hardy and if BJ stays up there could be some good matchups to come.
Yeah it's Rua/Evans for the title, but I still meant that Page could have an immediate title shot instead of rematch with Machida or winner of Jones/Bader

Originally Posted by Club29

Did you guys see Edson Barboza.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Dude' leg kicks are nasty. On wikipedia it says he is a black belt in Muay Thai, does anyone know how his ground game is?

there are no belt systems in Muay Thai
laugh.gif

but yes, Edzon Barboza looked very impressive in his debut.

Pat Barry-like leg kicks, geesh.
Chute Boxe and some other gyms in Brazil give out belts for Muay Thai. So Chill 
sugar-pwned.jpg

There is no such thing as a black belt in Muay Thai. In traditional Muay Thai, you don't have a belt to show your rank. You are judged based on your fight experience and how long you have been training. A Kru (Master), in Thailand, is determined by age and the amount of fights they've done. When you hit about late twenties, Thai men will stop fighting and start teaching; they'll only be able to get students interested in their skills if they've done maybe over 100 fights. Some American Kickboxing schools have started calling themselves Muay Thai to get more people in. They use belts as a rank structure. This American Kickboxing is quite different from real Muay Thai. Take a look at guys like Buakaw and how they train and fight, the way they train MT is so much more intense.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

There is no such thing as a black belt in Muay Thai. In traditional Muay Thai, you don't have a belt to show your rank. You are judged based on your fight experience and how long you have been training. A Kru (Master), in Thailand, is determined by age and the amount of fights they've done. When you hit about late twenties, Thai men will stop fighting and start teaching; they'll only be able to get students interested in their skills if they've done maybe over 100 fights. Some American Kickboxing schools have started calling themselves Muay Thai to get more people in. They use belts as a rank structure. This American Kickboxing is quite different from real Muay Thai. Take a look at guys like Buakaw and how they train and fight, the way they train MT is so much more intense.
Chute Boxe does have a belt system though. I'm pretty sure the American Fairtex schools do too (from what I remember). They are strictly for motivational purposes and ranking within the school.
-People aren't just saying the fight is scored round by round. On every MMA forum Pride is being brought up to give credit to the argument that Page won because he was coming forward and Machida was backing up, especially in the first round. So my answer to that is even though Pride used a different philosophy on judging fights, that still led to many bad decisions

You have it backwards. If it was Pride rules Machida would've won because of the damage done in the 3rd.

A rematch between Rampage and Machida seems pointless.

Rampage vs Rashad for a shot at Shogun should happen. Rashad is whining about not fighting give him Rampage!

I think Phil Davis vs Jon Jones would be crazy. but knowing the UFC they want to "bring him up slowly" like they did for Jones

Chute Boxe does have a belt system though. I'm pretty sure the American Fairtex schools do too (from what I remember). They are strictly for motivational purposes and ranking within the school.
You have it backwards. If it was Pride rules Machida would've won because of the damage done in the 3rd.

You're right Lyoto would been given credit for this strong 3rd round. But what I'm saying that others are using that piece of Pride's judging philosophy (giving the edge to the person moving forward and looking to engage)  to defend Page's decision win. At the same time ignoring that fact that Pride's system was so abstract that it lead to many poor decisions and gave judges excuses to out right cheat some guys. 

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

on a related note...

Funny on how they kicked out Babalu  for holding onto an Anaconda but did not even warn BJ about his submission on ____ (can't remember the name). He held onto it for a good 5-10 more seconds after the ref already told him to let go

30t6p3b.gif

Because Babalu said he did it on purpose to prove a point, while BJ apologized and said he didn't mean anything by it. 

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by Club29

Did you guys see Edson Barboza.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Dude' leg kicks are nasty. On wikipedia it says he is a black belt in Muay Thai, does anyone know how his ground game is?

there are no belt systems in Muay Thai
laugh.gif

but yes, Edzon Barboza looked very impressive in his debut.

Pat Barry-like leg kicks, geesh.
Chute Boxe and some other gyms in Brazil give out belts for Muay Thai. So Chill 
sugar-pwned.jpg

laugh.gif
wipe your excess saliva from Rusty's shaft when you get a chance. I hear he's been complaining

Yes, but if we're talking traditional Muay Thai from Thailand which dates back thousands of years...no belts. 
ohwell.gif

bj penn is scary when he is at his best

he was fired up even before the fight started, unlike his stoic demeanor he had when he fought edgar

a change of camp definitely helped him a lot

Yes, but if we're talking traditional Muay Thai from Thailand which dates back thousands of years...no belts. 
ohwell.gif

This.

Althought it doesnt really matter, we're all gentlemen here.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Rampage vs Rashad for a shot at Shogun should happen. Rashad is whining about not fighting give him Rampage!

I think Phil Davis vs Jon Jones would be crazy. but knowing the UFC they want to "bring him up slowly" like they did for Jones

that rematch is pointless also.  the fight was boring but did you forget that rashad totally owned rampage?  that fight was already for a shot at the title, a second fight would make no sense.  i'm glad i don't have to hear about their stupid feud anymore.
tough luck for aldo.  getting hurt before his ufc debut.  can't wait for the wec guys, they'll improve fight cards which seem like they've been disappointing for the past year or so.

Originally Posted by shogun

that rematch is pointless also.  the fight was boring but did you forget that rashad totally owned rampage?  that fight was already for a shot at the title, a second fight would make no sense.  i'm glad i don't have to hear about their stupid feud anymore.
tough luck for aldo.  getting hurt before his ufc debut.  can't wait for the wec guys, they'll improve fight cards which seem like they've been disappointing for the past year or so.
Rashad owned Rampage? what fight did you see? he "won the fight" no one got owned. if anything Rampage was about to finish him but do to his lack of cardio he gassed and couldnt finish him when he had him on the ground praying not to get KO'd. Thats twice Rashad gets saved by his opponent not having the greatest cardio, same thing happened when he fought Thiago Silva.  Thats 2 fights that Rashad was literally on the brink of defeat. TKOs no decisions. Rampage isnt "back" but he def looked better against Machida then he did when he fought Rashad

Originally Posted by shogun

Rashad owned Rampage? what fight did you see? he "won the fight" no one got owned. if anything Rampage was about to finish him but do to his lack of cardio he gassed and couldnt finish him when he had him on the ground praying not to get KO'd. Thats twice Rashad gets saved by his opponent not having the greatest cardio, same thing happened when he fought Thiago Silva.  Thats 2 fights that Rashad was literally on the brink of defeat. TKOs no decisions. Rampage isnt "back" but he def looked better against Machida then he did when he fought Rashad
Rashad would beat Rampage again

on a related note...

30t6p3b.gif
Because Babalu said he did it on purpose to prove a point, while BJ apologized and said he didn't mean anything by it. 

B.S.

on a related note...

30t6p3b.gif
B.S.

no its actually true. And to anyone who said the rampage we saw fight Machida wouldn't beat Rashad !!@#. That Rampage would destroy him, Rampage took down Machida who hasn't been taken down(that i can remember). As well as avoiding those vicious sweeps and leg trips he was trying.

Back
Top Bottom