[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Way to battle back. I wish I could stay focused on this game. But the NBA playoffs are keeping me tied up.

I agree.

And
indifferent.gif
@ the homer

i hope the mets can tie it up.

takin an L on a showcase baseball night ain't fun.

drats. 2 men on base and then three outs in a row. game over.

Castillo is straight garbage. Dude basically killed the opportunity to get a run in, men on 1st & 2nd with no outs. Horrible.

My brother made a good point...anyone have a clue why Willie would take Church out of the 2 hole? Is it just cause he's an idiot that doesn't know howto properly manage a team? Like, "Castillo is my #2 hitter" and "Alou is my starting Left Fielder" or "Mota is my first reliever outof the bullpen in a big spot where he has an opportunity to blow the #!@%$#+ game and make fans miserable."

The 2 spot is for Castillo, he RARELY strikes out and always puts the ball in play....almost automatically moves the runners over, but it was just tough luckin the 9th (Castillo K, Wright foul ball catch, and Beltran robbed of a single). That's baseball sometimes.

The series was already won, on to Chicago.

agreed as long as we keep on winning series i'll be happy

hopefully pelf rebounds and throws well his next outing

Castillo is straight garbage. Dude basically killed the opportunity to get a run in, men on 1st & 2nd with no outs. Horrible.

He did kill the Mets chances, but Castillo is definitely one of the best in the league at advancing runners and making productive outs. If Reyes gets on first,he's guaranteed to get to second (or third if he steals second) because Castillo is so good at slapping the ball and keeping the infielders on their toes.

Church in the 2-hole would soften up the back-end of our line-up.

And just for the record, I DID mention pre-season that Ryan Church would be a surprise contributor like X-Man Nady was in '06.
happy.gif

I never understood the dislike for Church, the "doubters" kept saying he stunk vs lefties, yet if you look at his career numbers he was always SOLIDvs lefties, he just had an off year last season.

Church won't continue at this pace, but he is def a very solid hitter and very good defensively (def an upgrade over Edge/Green).

....as for Castillo (again), if Pagan didn't have the day off I'm sure Church would have been in the 2 hole again, but we had Chavez/Casanova/etcplaying so I'm surprised the Mets even had a chance to WIN the game. One thing I have noticed is that Feliciano has been falling behind the hitters a bitlately. Hopefully the problems with his daughters health is not a huge distraction, but thats way more important than the game of baseball.

I don't recall ever seeing two back-to-back 2 game series.....whats the point of that?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don't recall ever seeing two back-to-back 2 game series.....whats the point of that?

2 game series are pointless anyway. Didn't we split one last year too?

alright Cubs!!!!

By the way, ESPN baseball announcers suck. In fact the Extra Sexual Party Network has sucked for a while now.
2 run lead and you know Big Z aint gonna blow it. Plus the Cubs bats are sooo hot right now. They will score more than 2 runs.

This Mets lineup is VERY weak at the bottom half with Pagan and Schenider out (Casanova is a 3rd string catcher at best).....and Beltran is struggling from theleft side.

At least Ramon Castro and Alou will be back as soon as next week, the pieces will come together very soon.

Duaner has looked so damn good (NH) since he's come back...once Alou is back the lineup SHOULD be:

Reyes
Castillo
Wright
Beltran
Alou
Delgado
Church
Scheider

I would even swap Gado with Church if he continues to slump.

Marlon Anderson and Easly should get some PT @ 2nd since Castillo needs more off days than anybody, and Pagan could play 1-2 games each week for Alou, and Endycan sub in for Beltran whenever needed.

Back
Top Bottom