Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

[table][tr][td]APRIL[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]TIME (ET)[/td] [td]TV[/td] [td]NYY PITCHER[/td] [td]OPP. PITCHER[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon, Apr 27[/td] [td]@ Detroit[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Sabathia (1-1)[/td] [td]Verlander (0-2)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, Apr 28[/td] [td]@ Detroit[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Hughes (0-0)[/td] [td]Jackson (1-1)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, Apr 29[/td] [td]@ Detroit[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Chamberlain (0-0)[/td] [td]Porcello (1-2)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, Apr 30[/td] [td]LA Angels[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Burnett (2-0)[/td] [td]Loux (0-2)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MAY[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]TIME (ET)[/td] [td]TV[/td] [td]NYY PITCHER[/td] [td]OPP. PITCHER[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, May 1[/td] [td]LA Angels[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Pettitte (2-1)[/td] [td]Ortega (0-1)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, May 2[/td] [td]LA Angels[/td] [td]1:05 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Sabathia (1-1)[/td] [td]Weaver (2-1)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, May 3[/td] [td]LA Angels[/td] [td]1:05 PM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Hughes (0-0)[/td] [td]Saunders (2-1)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm ready to see how Hughes pitches tomorrow...I have a feeling he is gonne be good

Hughes already has the nod to pitch against the Angels? Wang is on the 15 day DL?

I'm ready to see how Hughes pitches tomorrow...I have a feeling he is gonne be good

I sure as hell hope so, because the way we've been unable to knock in runs (outside of Sat.) + the way Ed Jackson's been pitching, thatgame may be tough to win.
Wang is on the 15 day DL?
Yup.
ohwell.gif

2lsd400.png

I actually knew that Wang was on the DL, but just surprised to see Hughes is also going going to pitch against the Angels. I figured it would depend on hisstart tomorrow in Detroit...

Hughes
pimp.gif

All I need is IPK and I'll be good
laugh.gif

Can't say much about this sweep this weekend. Better team won and we blew our oppurtunities. Dust it off and move on to the next series and beat theliving hell out of Detroit.

And I'm hella mad I missed NERD at SJU. I knew something was going on when I was walking around campus and it was a ghost town
laugh.gif

A new series starts, and we are on page 100 of this thread, that took no time.
pimp.gif

Tonight 4/27:
LHP CC Sabathia (1-1, 4.81) vs. RHP Justin Verlander (0-2, 9.00), 7:05, YES.

YANKEES (9-9)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Matsui DH
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Cabrera CF
Molina C
Pena 3B

Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (1-1, 4.81).

TIGERS (10-8 )
Granderson CF
Polanco 2B
Ordonez RF
Cabrera 1B
Guillen DH
Laird C
Inge 3B
Raburn LF
Everett SS

Pitching: RHP Justin Verlander (0-2, 9.00).

Can't believe no one is around for the game tonight.

C.C. is pitching well tonight, but Verlander is pitching better.

We need to score already instead of K'ing every other at-bat it seems
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Runs please?
nerd.gif
The Tigers granted your wishes ...
ohwell.gif
4-0 Tigers now.

The way Verlander is pitching, I'm ready for Hughes tomorrow, put it that way.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Hughes
pimp.gif

All I need is IPK and I'll be good
laugh.gif

Can't say much about this sweep this weekend. Better team won and we blew our oppurtunities. Dust it off and move on to the next series and beat the living hell out of Detroit.

And I'm hella mad I missed NERD at SJU. I knew something was going on when I was walking around campus and it was a ghost town
laugh.gif

the concert was cool...i left right after Lupe cause imo NERD is wack. Lupe was crazy, jumpin all over the stage going insane.

this lineup just is not doing it for me. I think A Rod will provide a spark but who knows where the pitching will be at that point...

here's to hoping for bruney-melancon-mo in a month or so........
ohwell.gif

0-7 with RISP tonight as Matsui K's to end the top of the 8th.

Why the hell can't this team hit with runners in scoring position? I don't understand
ohwell.gif

Tried to do too much too late.

Yankees lose 4-2.

Sabathia CG, 0 BB, and those 4 runs. Not a bad outing at all, Verlander was just too tough to score against tonight.

The only reason why we lost tonight was because we could not score with RISP. No one can put the blame on Sabathia. Despite him giving up four runs, we hadplenty of opportunities to get back those four runs, and more, for him. We were hitting Verlander, he just got us out with quickness once we had runners onbase.

Back
Top Bottom