Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

frown.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

frown.gif
Sabathia pitched a good game (up until the 7th, obviously) but had no offensive support, because we are incapable of hitting a 30 year old rookie
smh.gif

cousin onewearz gives up an RBI single to Napoli, and it's 5-1 Angels lead.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i feel bad for sabathia...it seems like we never can give him some run support
This is what Johan goes through (although, his bullpen usually blows it for him, not so much his offense).

Man, if we had a half decent bullpen we wouldn't have to leave our starters in these positions where they end up letting guys get on base and [eventually]score.
smh.gif

CC and Johan have the team dont score runs for us disease

Cano's 18 gm hit streak over

another game tmoro..

Phil Hughes!

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I have no idea, I fell back on kicks dramatically in the last yr or so but I'm assuming its some hyped up Jordans (no surprise). Just checked the JB/Retro forums, didn't see anything about tomorrow (today) so I'm still in the dark
grin.gif
You were close.
laugh.gif

Some V pack for $310.
smh.gif
(The box is dope, but still
smh.gif
)
And the re-release of the nubuck (black/blue) XIIs for $225.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Watched some of the game today... The boos were raining down hard on Teix. Welcome to NY.
laugh.gif

^^ you telling me. I'm here right now and it don't look like they starting. Nevermind just said it's post poned

A few notes from the rainout starting with the rotation for the rest of the homestand:

Monday (Boston): Phil Hughes
Tuesday (Boston): Joba Chamberlain
Wednesday (Tampa Bay): A.J. Burnett
Thursday (Tampa Bay): Andy Pettitte

Of course, it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Joe Girardi said with Hughes and Chamberlain having pitched well, they didn't want to skip anybody.

INJURY UPDATES: Damaso Marte said his shoulder has been bothering him for several weeks. He had an MRI on Friday and will see a doctor tomorrow. Joe Girardi said it was related to the issue he had in spring training during the WBC. "It's weak," Marte said.

Marte didn't use the injury as an excuse for how poorly he has pitched. But Girardi and Brian Cashman said that the injury clearly was to blame.

Meanwhile Brian Bruney was not allowed to play catch today and was told he was off tomorrow, too. There is virtually no chance he will be back when he is eligible on May 10. "It's going to be longer," he said, shaking his head. "I was hoping that wouldn't be the case."

Bruney and Marte started the season as the eighth-inning guys. Now it's roll the dice time.

"It's a tough spot for our manager," Cashman said.

OTHER NEWS: Cashman spoke to the therapist working with Chien-Ming Wang. The report is that Wang is addressing the weakness in his hips and foot that damaged his velocity and command. I talked to CMW a few days ago and he seemed relieved to know there was a problem that could be fixed. … I asked Mark Teixeira about the A-Rod book controversy. "In general terms, I don't have much interest in any book that dwells on the negative on somebody, whether it's an athlete or anybody else," he said. "But when you do what we do for a living, that scrutiny is there. Speaking only for myself, I try and do the right thing. If you do that, you don't have to worry about it." … Nick Swisher said his elbow was better today than it was yesterday. But playing tomorrow still seems unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom