Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

All i know is I don't want to face Detroit in the first round...but that's what it looks like will happen

eff it, bring detroit.

yankees better lose the last 2 games.

damn, boston is winning

atl losing, stl losing

eff it, bring detroit.

yankees better lose the last 2 games.

damn, boston is winning

atl losing, stl losing

What the %%@% is NYY doing??? Why do we have any of our starters in?!?! Bench the whole damn team, forfeit the game! I know Boston has been horrible but I don't want them to make it and all of the sudden turn it up

What the %%@% is NYY doing??? Why do we have any of our starters in?!?! Bench the whole damn team, forfeit the game! I know Boston has been horrible but I don't want them to make it and all of the sudden turn it up

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

shook-ones-white-full.jpg

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

shook-ones-white-full.jpg

mmmmmmmdeeeeeeeewwwwwww

hello friends, this is jim nantz

so tonight the yankees will not play anyone on the playoff roster.

come on tampa!!!

mmmmmmmdeeeeeeeewwwwwww

hello friends, this is jim nantz

so tonight the yankees will not play anyone on the playoff roster.

come on tampa!!!

Who do you guys think we have a better chance of beating in the ALDS? I think I rather take on the Rangers....if we face Detroit and lose game 1 it will feel like its over
laugh.gif

Who do you guys think we have a better chance of beating in the ALDS? I think I rather take on the Rangers....if we face Detroit and lose game 1 it will feel like its over
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif
I much rather play the Rangers, they are a much different team than last season.

Then again, if we can beat Verlander in Game 1... nah, I still rather face the Rangers.

Girardi is basically playing to lose tonight
roll.gif
, so I hope the O's do their part and spoil it all for Boston.

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif
I much rather play the Rangers, they are a much different team than last season.

Then again, if we can beat Verlander in Game 1... nah, I still rather face the Rangers.

Girardi is basically playing to lose tonight
roll.gif
, so I hope the O's do their part and spoil it all for Boston.

I honestly don't care who we play. I believe we'll beat either one of them. Not afraid of Justin Verlander or Doug Fister or Max Scherzer or that bum Jose Valverde. Some team is going to remind Verlander of his struggles in the playoffs.

I honestly don't care who we play. I believe we'll beat either one of them. Not afraid of Justin Verlander or Doug Fister or Max Scherzer or that bum Jose Valverde. Some team is going to remind Verlander of his struggles in the playoffs.

Whoever we play it's vital that CC locks down Game 1.

The rest of the rotation is too much of a crapshoot.

I know Nova has pitched well this season, but the postseason is a whole nother animal. No telling how he's going to respond to postseason atmosphere/pressure, hopefully it doesn't phase him.

Whoever we play it's vital that CC locks down Game 1.

The rest of the rotation is too much of a crapshoot.

I know Nova has pitched well this season, but the postseason is a whole nother animal. No telling how he's going to respond to postseason atmosphere/pressure, hopefully it doesn't phase him.

As long as our pitching shows up, we can beat anyone in the AL

I HATE the Red Sox with a passion, DO NOT WANT THEM TO MAKE IT. I will love to talk %@#! about this season forever to everyone BUT don't want to risk them coming and just turning it up all of the sudden. Not worth a chance. We've crushed TB this year, our record with Texas is like 7-4 or 9-4 this year. Detroit is who I don't want to play but if our pitching shows up.....we'll be fine

As long as our pitching shows up, we can beat anyone in the AL

I HATE the Red Sox with a passion, DO NOT WANT THEM TO MAKE IT. I will love to talk %@#! about this season forever to everyone BUT don't want to risk them coming and just turning it up all of the sudden. Not worth a chance. We've crushed TB this year, our record with Texas is like 7-4 or 9-4 this year. Detroit is who I don't want to play but if our pitching shows up.....we'll be fine

For everyone rooting for the Rays to get in:

Spoiler [+]
Going into tonight’s action, the common assumptions seems to be that the Yankees are going to coast on into the playoffs. They have already clinched the division and home field advantage, and since they got most of their regular starters and bullpen arms work yesterday, they have little incentive to play their hardest on Wednesday night. Why work yourselves hard in a meaningless game? Why risk injuries to your players when you have nothing to play for?

But I’m not sure that the predominating narrative is correct in this case. Joe Girardi has already said that he’s planning on starting many of his regulars tonight — although who knows how long he’ll keep them in the game — and he seems to be practicing some “gamesmanship

For everyone rooting for the Rays to get in:

Spoiler [+]
Going into tonight’s action, the common assumptions seems to be that the Yankees are going to coast on into the playoffs. They have already clinched the division and home field advantage, and since they got most of their regular starters and bullpen arms work yesterday, they have little incentive to play their hardest on Wednesday night. Why work yourselves hard in a meaningless game? Why risk injuries to your players when you have nothing to play for?

But I’m not sure that the predominating narrative is correct in this case. Joe Girardi has already said that he’s planning on starting many of his regulars tonight — although who knows how long he’ll keep them in the game — and he seems to be practicing some “gamesmanship

Back
Top Bottom