Official NB basketball thread

I am definitely curious about the timeline on the signing and the development of a new model. The new Two-Way shoe and a Murray signature plus the Kawhi and the Omn1s high/low would make the line-up very very crowded at this time. Doesn't seem sustainable in the market right now. Basketball isn't a huge slice of the market and probably smaller for NB then for the competition. Very costly to add too many.
I think not, considering NB has been there for decades and seem to undermine other sports that is not running a marathon. it's that mistake that brought about Adidas demise and the ascension of Nike. all it takes is that one athlete that would catapult the brand.

Adidas has their hands full but I think they should’ve made room for JM . With that said I am glad Murray went to NB and not Puma

having been disappointed by Puma, I agree. Puma really need some people to do their R&D for basketball because they are abysmal.

I think not, considering NB has been there for decades and seem to undermine other sports that is not running a marathon. it's that mistake that brought about Adidas demise and the ascension of Nike. all it takes is that one athlete that would catapult the brand.
I agree it is a tremendous signing and he is a signing that could get other players to consider rocking/repping NB. But I don't think they could release another model in the line and nothing I have seen indicates they will do so, aside from the coming Two-Way. I would enjoy seeing more, and Murray deserves a Signature but I just wouldn't expect it soon.

Also NB has done well with Baseball.

NB has done great with baseball and also in football over in Europe, so just cause it not as pronounced in big name North American sports doesn't mean that they disregard the other sports outside of running.

the basketball side is so much more competitive now compared to years past because of how much coverage is put on what the guys wear nowadays thanks to social media. as cool as it is to have NB give us multiple sigs and models, i would actually prefer for them to spend more time on less models making them look good and perform real well all while providing us with good colorways. no need need to oversaturate the market with so many models when they can come up with a simple line up of shoes to offer

NB has done great with baseball and also in football over in Europe, so just cause it not as pronounced in big name North American sports doesn't mean that they disregard the other sports outside of running.

the basketball side is so much more competitive now compared to years past because of how much coverage is put on what the guys wear nowadays thanks to social media. as cool as it is to have NB give us multiple sigs and models, i would actually prefer for them to spend more time on less models making them look good and perform real well all while providing us with good colorways. no need need to oversaturate the market with so many models when they can come up with a simple line up of shoes to offer

Yup less is more totally. NB is focused on quality over quantity. Doesn't mean they will always get it right but they will try.

jr.jpg

jm.jpg
What shoe is kawhi wearing in this pic?

agree with gopre5k gopre5k and not sure what a school being sponsored and outfitted by a brand has to mean a new silo is coming out outside of what has been seen so far. should just mean they'll get school PEs

ideally how many models would you guys even want to see? cause it doesn't make sense for NB to put so much money into a bunch of shoes if only 2-3 models are gonna sell.

right now im liking a line up of the OMN1s hi/low and the supposed "two-way" model as more of the entry/budget friendly shoes, a Kawhi and Murray as the sigs and then one more shoe thats in the middle in terms of price/tech/materials to round up what they have to offer.

keep this for a while till the division grows bigger and can expand on that, but again, im not opposed to seeing them have more options, as long as performance/price on everything is great for the consumers

I wouldn't consider the Omn1s Hi/Low as an entry shoe because the performance has been stellar for many of us. Looking forward to anything and everything they're putting out as they are signing players that require more out of their shoes than Adidas basketball athletes do.

I wouldn't consider the Omn1s Hi/Low as an entry shoe because the performance has been stellar for many of us. Looking forward to anything and everything they're putting out as they are signing players that require more out of their shoes than Adidas basketball athletes do.

ehh guess i worded it wrong as an entry since i meant it in terms of its price point being pretty low but yeah i agree that performance on it has been one of the better ones for me as well

Why do you disagree?
... signing Boston College & University of Maine, signing JMurray...looks to me like they're going all in on hoop... having only three high priced models {Omn1s, Kahwi, Two Way} doesn't seem like enough if you want to get into that market,... looking at how many different types of soccer cleats & tennis shoes are available at different price points i would think you'd need a more affordable option for hoop... just my opinion that's all

... signing Boston College & University of Maine, signing JMurray...looks to me like they're going all in on hoop... having only three high priced models {Omn1s, Kahwi, Two Way} doesn't seem like enough if you want to get into that market,... looking at how many different types of soccer cleats & tennis shoes are available at different price points i would think you'd need a more affordable option for hoop... just my opinion that's all
That's fair and I understand what you are saying. I think they will focus on the existing line with the Omn1s high/low, Kawhi, and the Two-Way. Should cover all player style needs. With all the potential colorways they will have it should be more then enough. It seems like too much even now and has come a long way from the limited drops of last year. This time last year the first wave of Omn1s at retail was just concluding. Now we are on the verge of another round of new colors and a new model with the NBA season underway.

Back
Top Bottom