Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the wake of the Rondo news, I was thinking about moves that the Celtics could make and this one makes some sense to me

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=byrqgm4

Celtics get: Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick

Magic get: Rajon Rondo, Fab Melo, J. Colins

Celtics get a serviceable point guard in Jameer to fill in for Rondo plus get Redick to provide outside shooting that they desperately need right now. With Rondo out, they dont even have an outside shot at making making noise in the playoffs this year. With this trade I think they can make a last push with the Garnett/Pierce Era. Redick is only on a one year deal if it dont work out but Jameer's contract length sucks **** though.

Magic get their superstar point guard that they can build around in the future while simultaneously get to tank this season even more for better lottery odds. They also get a project big man in Melo that maybe they can develop ala Vucevic.

I can't see Danny making trades for one last run. The team isn't very good with Rondo. He's selling off Paul and KG to teams out West before that IMO.

Bledsoe, Odom and a pick for KG makes a ton of sense to me.

Last edited:

Should be shooting 100% by 2017.

George Karl on McGee

“He’s got to understand that lazy and crazy isn’t going to make it work,” Karl said to the Denver Post. “We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t.”

I just don't think you things like that in the media. Why alienate him like that?

George Karl on McGee

“He’s got to understand that lazy and crazy isn’t going to make it work,” Karl said to the Denver Post. “We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t.”

I just don't think you things like that in the media. Why alienate him like that?
Hes lazy? Thats news to me. I would have a problem with most coaches doing this but not Karl. Hes one of those guys that has earned the right to say things like this.

Yeah all those first round losses throughout the years haha

He didn't really know how to handle JR. Now he's playing his best ball under woody. He should say it to McGee's face. I don't see how it helps to air him out.

Edit: CP beat me to it haha

let's not even discuss not putting the glove on MJ right away.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Rondo, and wish him a quick recovery. But with him out for possibly out this season, RIP Celtics, theyre done for this year.

George Karl on McGee

Alienate? That was the book on him while he was in DC. Speaks volumes that he can't even play more than 18mpg. I have a feeling we'll be talking about his potential even when he's 30.

Alienate? That was the book on him while he was in DC. Speaks volumes that he can't even play more than 18mpg. I have a feeling we'll be talking about his potential even when he's 30.
Karl is the idiot that thinks Kosta Koufos should play more minutes then him

Karl is the idiot that thinks Kosta Koufos should play more minutes then him

How much would you trust McGee in a clutch situation? Koufos, while no where near as talented as McGee, can be argued as a better player.

Karl plays Javale off the bench so he can play with Basic Game and is better in 5-6 minute bursts as opposed to starter minutes. And Kuofos is decent enough in his own right.

Blake's reaction. :lol:

136832717_crop_exact.jpg

Hilarious. Don't blame him at all though. He could have had double figures in assists if LO hadn't blown that. Plus, I've had guys miss lay-ups like that after I've dished them the ball. Blake's expression captures exactly how I feel when that happens. Depending on how close the game is, its either :stoneface: or >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom