Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thank Donnie and Dallas for the consideration and while I think the D-League is a great opportunity, it is not the route for me.
— Allen Iverson (@alleniverson) January 29, 2013
I realize my actions contributed to my early departure from the NBA, should God provide me another opportunity I will give it my all
My dream has always been to complete my legacy in the NBA
To my fans, I love yall! Not a day goes by that I am not asked when am I coming back, we all must accept my return is not up to just me.
case in point. This snubbing of the D league needs to end

I realize my actions contributed to my early departure from the NBA, should God provide me another opportunity I will give it my all
Well that makes a lot of sense, and I really hope it comes around.

I thank Donnie and Dallas for the consideration and while I think the D-League is a great opportunity, it is not the route for me.
Now, wait a second...

Haha so true.

D league is supposed to be the NBA minors

Iverson has to realize he won't be stuck there. Whatever tho

Career finished for I3

See this is why we need to revamp the image of the D league. They don't want to send him there because it'll be "sending a lottery pick who's also doc rivers son to the D league?" it's viewed as a punishment instead of an opportunity which Austin desperately needs.
Huh?

How do we know that's why they don't want to send him? Usually...rookies that are sent to the D-League aren't getting minutes and it makes sense to have them log heavy minutes in game situations rather than catching splinters when there is limited practice time during a season. If Rivers is apart of their rotation (despite how bad he's been)...why would they send him? He's not going to magically get better playing in the D-League. If the team isn't going anywhere this season...which the Hornets aren't...it makes more sense for him to try to get better during the season. Sending him down to the D-League only makes sense if you aren't going to play him at all...like Jan Vesley in Washington. 

Thabeet was the 2nd pick in the draft and got sent to the D-League during his rookie season...and he wasn't getting 20 minutes a game. Other lottery picks who weren't in their team's rotation have been sent down too. Lamb being another one this season. I don't think anyone in the Hornets organization gives a **** about not sending the kid to the D-League because he's Doc's son. 

I don't know what you think needs "revamping". It's been an excellent tool and is developing into the farm system it was expected to be. Wanting it to be on the popularity of Minor League Baseball is a pipe dream. They've had a 100 year head start.

And we're not about to use Allen Iverson as an example of why the D-League needs changes.

Allen Iverson is one of the greatest players in NBA History with a ginormous ego even at 37 years old. You REALLY think he's going to play in a minor league to make $20K, live on the road traveling by bus, just to lobby for a 10 day contract somewhere? Not likely.

Last edited:
The league itself doesn't need fixing, it works great, the stigma of going there does. I feel like rivers going down there would be a plus, he'd get more minutes and probably a more personal coaching experience, cause the higher ups would request it being that he's going to be called back up. AI would have been there for a month max, he messed up.

It's all about how smart teams use it. The Thunder have been shuttling players back and forth down there all season, like multiple times a week guys are in Tulsa then back in OKC or on the plane to meet the big boys whereever we are playing, and I know the Spurs use their's too. We even tried to send injured and not performing up to par *** Maynor down but he declined. I would venture to guess Lamb and PJ3 and Orton like it better since they get major burn and shots and in a real game, they're just seeing mopup minutes at best or few real minutes.

But in the case of Iverson, I can see how he'd see it as beneath him.

I'm even more convinced that Iverson just doesn't know what the hell he's doing :lol:

Your opportunity to get in the d league could lead to an opportunity to getting in the NBA doofus!

We need to consider that fact that Iverson really isn't good at all anymore. His came was predicated around his athleticism and speed. Those are gone. It's not like he can take on a Stackhouse role and be a spot up shooter. What would a team really be signing Iverson for at this point? Aside from seeing it as beneath him, he probably doesn't want to be exposed either.

That exhibition AI played in before the season wasn't exactly a showcase of why AI should still be in the NBA. He was out of shape and slow. There is NOTHING a playoff team would benefit from signing Iverson right now.

The league itself doesn't need fixing, it works great, the stigma of going there does. I feel like rivers going down there would be a plus, he'd get more minutes and probably a more personal coaching experience, cause the higher ups would request it being that he's going to be called back up. AI would have been there for a month max, he messed up.

Last edited:
See this is why we need to revamp the image of the D league. They don't want to send him there because it'll be "sending a lottery pick who's also doc rivers son to the D league?" it's viewed as a punishment instead of an opportunity which Austin desperately needs.

Huh?

How do we know that's why they don't want to send him? Usually...rookies that are sent to the D-League aren't getting minutes and it makes sense to have them log heavy minutes in game situations rather than catching splinters when there is limited practice time during a season. If Rivers is apart of their rotation (despite how bad he's been)...why would they send him? He's not going to magically get better playing in the D-League. If the team isn't going anywhere this season...which the Hornets aren't...it makes more sense for him to try to get better during the season. Sending him down to the D-League only makes sense if you aren't going to play him at all...like Jan Vesley in Washington. 

Thabeet was the 2nd pick in the draft and got sent to the D-League during his rookie season...and he wasn't getting 20 minutes a game. Other lottery picks who weren't in their team's rotation have been sent down too. Lamb being another one this season. I don't think anyone in the Hornets organization gives a **** about not sending the kid to the D-League because he's Doc's son. 

I don't know what you think needs "revamping". It's been an excellent tool and is developing into the farm system it was expected to be. Wanting it to be on the popularity of Minor League Baseball is a pipe dream. They've had a 100 year head start.

And we're not about to use Allen Iverson as an example of why the D-League needs changes.

Allen Iverson is one of the greatest players in NBA History with a ginormous ego even at 37 years old. You REALLY think he's going to play in a minor league to make $20K, live on the road traveling by bus, just to lobby for a 10 day contract somewhere? Not likely.

but that's not what it's about though. I mean, I agree with you, I know that's what he thinks, but he's an idiot lol. Guys get called up all the time. In his case, his would be a nobrainer. They really just want to see how he handles even borderline pro talent. I'm sure he wouldn't be there more than a month or two if he still has some in the tank, like he says.. It's too late to invite him to training camp/summer league, so this really is a good deal. He's one of my favorite players of all time, (Kobe is #1) but this dude really just doesn't get it. SMH, it's a shame.

but that's not what it's about though. I mean, I agree with you, I know that's what he thinks, but he's an idiot lol. Guys get called up all the time. In his case, his would be a nobrainer. They really just want to see how he handles even borderline pro talent. I'm sure he wouldn't be there more than a month or two if he still has some in the tank, like he says.. It's too late to invite him to training camp/summer league, so this really is a good deal. He's one of my favorite players of all time, (Kobe is #1) but this dude really just doesn't get it. SMH, it's a shame.
You are assuming he'd be called up in NO time.

I don't think it would be that simple. 

If I was AI I wouldn't do it either though. The Mavs can't really be thinking maybe AI doesn't have it anymore so lets see how he is in the d-league first. They could easily try him out in a practice. This is obviously to see if AI is committed to basketball enough to take a huge blow to his ego (cuz that's what it'd be if he went to the d league) and just do it to get offered a contract.

In baseball d-league for star players is usually only for when they've missed games due to injury and need to get back in playing shape. Other than that it's to develop talent a team has already signed or to find some.

Either way I feel AI is done as far as impact on a team. If he came back now it'd just be to ring chase.

I don't know anything about Iversons personal life, so I'm not trying to judge.

But if he is as "broke" as reports say he is, and he wants to make it back to the league and make some money (and help a team win)...what other route is available?

I personally would do whatever I could. But im not him.

Athletes like Iverson, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, etc. probably got way too much pride to go into the D-League if it comes to that point.

But I mean...when worse comes to worse...what else you gonna do?
Just keep making club appearances for 5k checks? (remember the debts that they have...5k is a lot for us, but for their homes/cars/families... i would assume they need a lot more to cover bills).

Last edited:
He obviously blew any chance he wouldve had now. I personally think hes been done but this just shows that he isn't committed to basketball. Dude couldve went in there played hard with a good attitude and possibly got signed. With his history noone is goin to bring him into a practice n sign him, its more of a attitude test for him

Mario Chalmers of #Heat figures he's about the fifth- or sixth-best point guard in the entire NBA.

“I’d say top 10,’’ the Miami Heat fifth-year man said of where he ranks in the NBA. “I’m not in the lower part (of the top 10), I’m in the middle part. I just have confidence in myself. I think I can compete with the best of them.’’

Chalmers doesn't care that many would snicker at his declaration. "That’s how I feel no matter what people say or what people think,’’ Chalmers said

Mario Chalmers doesn't care Topeka Capital-Journal poll shows 71 pct don't believe Kansas jersey should be retired

“Hey, my jersey is going up there,’’ Chalmers said while shrugging off results of the poll. “So no matter what people think, I’m up there.’’

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/...landing_heat.html?blockID=856077&feedID=10140

Still standing by it. Bizarre dude. :lol:

Last edited:
Chalmers is the 5th of 6th best PG on the heat....

Dudes trash.

:smh:

Ride Lebron to a ring and you can make proclamations ? Where's Luke Walton to make sense of this.

Chalmers is the 5th of 6th best PG on the heat....

Dudes trash.

:smh:

Ride Lebron to a ring and you can make proclamations ? Where's Luke Walton to make sense of this.

Mario Chalmers of #Heat figures he's about the fifth- or sixth-best point guard in the entire NBA.

“I’d say top 10,’’ the Miami Heat fifth-year man said of where he ranks in the NBA. “I’m not in the lower part (of the top 10), I’m in the middle part. I just have confidence in myself. I think I can compete with the best of them.’’

Chalmers doesn't care that many would snicker at his declaration. "That’s how I feel no matter what people say or what people think,’’ Chalmers said

Mario Chalmers doesn't care Topeka Capital-Journal poll shows 71 pct don't believe Kansas jersey should be retired

“Hey, my jersey is going up there,’’ Chalmers said while shrugging off results of the poll. “So no matter what people think, I’m up there.’’

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/...landing_heat.html?blockID=856077&feedID=10140

Still standing by it. Bizarre dude. :lol:

too much loud for chalmers.. brain is fried .. he cant be srs is he?

:

Last edited:
Greg Oden:

The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat have emerged as the leaders to land former No. 1 pick Greg Oden.

The 7-foot Oden, who hasn't played since Dec. 5, 2009 due to multiple knee injuries, is hoping to take a visit down to Miami to meet with Pat Riley and the Heat in the next week, a source told CBSSports.com.

Miami would likely offer a deal for minimum salary while the Cavs could pay up to nearly $4 million. The Boston Celtics are another team that has expressed interest, but the source said that Oden is leaning towards making a comeback with either Cleveland or Miami.

Oden was the top pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, but has had multiple knee surgeries. He's currently working out in both Columbus, Ohio, and Indianapolis -- and expects to be ready for the season-opener next season.

Oden, 25, has averaged 9.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 82 career NBA games. He is coming off his third microfracture knee surgery back in February 2012.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...-leaders-to-bring-oftinjured-oden-back-to-nba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom