Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd stay away from Geg Oden. How many times has he shown he cannot play an entire season. He's sat out longer than played. He's too much of a liability and will probably end up injured again this season if he plays.

Mario Chalmers is not top 10, maybe top 20.

I'd stay away from Geg Oden. How many times has he shown he cannot play an entire season. He's sat out longer than played. He's too much of a liability and will probably end up injured again this season if he plays.

Mario Chalmers is not top 10, maybe top 20.

The teams have nothing to lose because the contract will most likely be incentive based and non guranteed

Smh AI has zero humility "the d league isn't the route for me" ok go back and play for Turkey then.

Regarding Chalmers, I don't consider him a top 10 point guard. Honestly, with so much talent on his team he's not in a position to allow his abilities to flourish. He's good and I've seen him go off but he doesn't do enough to be ranked that high. He's somewhere around 15. I will put him abov a Jennings tho.

Paul
Rose
Rondo
Westbrook
D Williams
Irving
Parker
Curry
Holiday
Felton
Lillard
Wall

Chalmers is the top portion of the mediocre pgs such as Collison, Conley, Lowry etc.

Last edited:
I don't even want to think about what Miami would be like if Greg Oden could stay on the court for an entire playoff run.

Dude hasn't played basketball in almost 3 years and people still expect something from him.

AI is 37 and people still think he can contribute to an NBA team.

Having a rep is something else. It can generate interest in you even if you aren't **** anymore.

AI is a fool. He think he's to good for anything.

Yeah he's 18th all time in scoring. SO WHAT. You took a three year hiatus and now you wanna come back and play? It's not that easy.

He should just take up the offer and if he makes progress maybe he'll get a shot. Dude needs to get off his high horse and prove himself just like the next individual.

I hate reading this. Just so much...wrong. Allen Iverson is not hurting for money...far from it. He has over 50 million dollars saved up alone last I read.
and last everyone else read was him getting cars and houses taken away from hiim because he couldnt pay the bills

the part that gets me is he says he’s waiting for God to send him an opportunity, and God’s like, ‘Ok buddy, here you go, have fun’, and A.I. is like ‘Naaah man I’m straight, what I meant was I wanna be a starter and the #1 option on a championship squad’. Ridiculous.

I don't know anything about Iversons personal life, so I'm not trying to judge.

But if he is as "broke" as reports say he is, and he wants to make it back to the league and make some money (and help a team win)...what other route is available?

I personally would do whatever I could. But im not him.
That's cuz he's not as broke as reports say he is. If he was he'd be d-leaguing it up right next to Antoine Walker.

I agree with just about everything SAS said on First Take.

Yeah he's 18th all time in scoring. SO WHAT. You took a three year hiatus and now you wanna come back and play? It's not that easy.

He should just take up the offer and if he makes progress maybe he'll get a shot. Dude needs to get off his high horse and prove himself just like the next individual.

Bruh, if you are 18th all time in scoring with 11 asg's, a mvp, one of the highest playoff and finals averages in league history, you don't go to the D League :lol: you either go straight to the NBA or nothing at all. As it should be.

He didn't take a hiatus.

He couldn't get a job. He's been trying to play since then. He's been blackballed from the NBA. But apparently people think this D-League stint would have been his road back to the NBA.

Last edited:
Bruh, if you are 18th all time in scoring with 11 asg's, a mvp, one of the highest playoff and finals averages in league history, you don't go to the D League :lol: you either go straight to the NBA or nothing at all. As it should be.

AI that you?

His lifestyle hasn't slowed down, that's the problem. The money he still pulls in plus the bank account that he doesn't get to touch until he's 55 (but gives him 1 million annually until then) should be more than enough to live very, very well.

He's only broke if he chooses to be. Hell, even the NBA pension that he'll have in a few years is what, like 90k? Just needs to realize the outlandish spending days are behind him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom