Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd stay away from Geg Oden.
Teams aint gonna learn. All they see is height and then convince themselves with that low risk high reward reasoning that really doesn't apply. If the Heat or Cavs sign him watch Kyrie or LeBron tear their acls too.

He didn't take a hiatus.

He couldn't get a job. He's been trying to play since then. He's been blackballed from the NBA. But apparently people think this D-League stint would have been his road back to the NBA.

I think it was more of a test to see where his ego/humility stood. I really believe that if he took the d-league stint, he would have been called up to the NBA with the quickness.

His ego is why he's not in the league anymore. Dude REFUSES to accept that he's not a starter. He could still be playing if he swallowed his pride and focused on being productive off the bench in a JET role. It is what it is tho...

He didn't take a hiatus.

He couldn't get a job. He's been trying to play since then. He's been blackballed from the NBA. But apparently people think this D-League stint would have been his road back to the NBA.

I think it was more of a test to see where his ego/humility stood. I really believe that if he took the d-league stint, he would have been called up to the NBA with the quickness.

His ego is why he's not in the league anymore. Dude REFUSES to accept that he's not a starter. He could still be playing if he swallowed his pride and focused on being productive off the bench in a JET role. It is what it is tho...

true story. We're in an age in the NBA when 6th man is a prominent role. I mean there were bench players receiving significant All Star consideration. If AI was able to accept that role, he could have maintained some sort of a star roll in the NBA

I don't see it that way. I doubt very seriously a team would wait until a guy with the attributes that AI has would wait until he inches closer and closer to 40 and then give him a shot. He wasn't very good in his last stint with Phila. Would a team think he'd get better the older he gets? That doesn't make any sense. Honestly, given the Texas Legends previous moves (i.e Nancy Liberman as a coach, signing Delonte West) I have to believe that their interest in AI was more about publicity than actually feeling like he could help them. I also haven't seen Allen Iverson demanding to be a starter. I think his most recent plea for a job he said that he didn't care what his role was. I'll also disagree with him being called up with the quickness just because of who he is. If a team felt like he was capable of playing well enough in the D-League quickly, why not just bring him in for a workout?

Ironically, this was last season tho:
With hopes of getting one last shot in the NBA, former All-Star and league MVP Allen Iversonis contemplating playing minor league basketball, according to a person close to the situation.

Iverson is willing to play in the Caribbean, in South America or even in the D-League if it gives him a chance to return to the NBA, the source said.

"Allen only wants to play if there's a possibility that it leads to the NBA," the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity. "That's the only way he would go to one of these lower leagues. He wants to get back to the NBA and leave the game on his terms."

366.jpg

Iverson

Iverson's interest in returning comes as he faces some financial trouble. On Monday, a judge in Georgia garnished funds from Iverson's bank account to repay about $860,000 that he owes a jeweler, according to multiple media reports.

Iverson's representatives have reached out to several NBA teams, but none has shown interest in signing the 36-year-old. The Los Angeles Lakers' D-League affiliate, the Los Angeles Defenders, has contacted Iverson's reps several times, but nothing materialized, according to the source.

A top official from the Puerto Rican Basketball League has reached out to Iverson's group, but no team has offered Iverson a contract. Iverson also has been in contact with Guaros de Lara, a Venezuelan team, but there have been no contract offers, according to the source.

"Nothing is imminent," the source said. "The only thing that's imminent is Allen's desire to show people that he's still got a lot to offer on the basketball court, even if it's just helping young guys learn from the mistakes he made."

If Iverson doesn't sign with a club before the Feb. 26 NBA All-Star Game, he likely will give up his quest and accept retirement, the source said.

In the course of his 14-year career, the 6-foot shooting guard averaged 26.7 points, the sixth-highest NBA all-time scoring average. Iverson last played in the NBA for the Memphis Grizzlies  and the Philadelphia 76ers  in the 2009-10 season, averaging 13.8 points and 4.0 assists. In 2011 he played only 10 games in an injury-filled stint in Turkey.

Last edited:
Oden is a worthy gamble for the Heat and Cavs.

The trailblazers have lost the gamble on Oden 2 times now. or is it 3? Regardless, if I was a GM, I wouldnt even consider this guy unless I can give him the absolute minimum salary for 1 year.

and if A.I. really "loved" the sport, he'd play in the D-league and see where it went from there. At the end of the day, youre still getting paid to play, no?

Oden isn't a nutcase or cancer so it's not like you risk corrupting your team if he comes aboard. The only risk is a few million and roster spot

I hope Oden goes to the Cavs

normally i wouldnt say that but i want Kyrie to start winning since hes good as hell

Bruh, if you are 18th all time in scoring with 11 asg's, a mvp, one of the highest playoff and finals averages in league history, you don't go to the D League :lol: you either go straight to the NBA or nothing at all. As it should be.

AI that you?

hes right tho

if anyone thought he was actually gonna go to the D-league then theres something wrong with you.

If Derek Fisher can get a job then Iverson should get signed, if he plays bad. cut him, easy as that

I'd stay away from Geg Oden. How many times has he shown he cannot play an entire season. He's sat out longer than played. He's too much of a liability and will probably end up injured again this season if he plays.

Mario Chalmers is not top 10, maybe top 20.
His contract will be heavily incentive-based, aka non guaranteed. Zero risk in that.

If he even returns to his level of play during his rookie year then he's a significant upgrade over Joel Anthony.

Last edited:
Bruh, if you are 18th all time in scoring with 11 asg's, a mvp, one of the highest playoff and finals averages in league history, you don't go to the D League :lol: you either go straight to the NBA or nothing at all. As it should be.

AI that you?[/quotehes right tho

if anyone thought he was actually gonna go to the D-league then theres something wrong with you.

If Derek Fisher can get a job then Iverson should get signed, if he plays bad. cut him, easy as that
t

thank you

lol @ the possibility of lebron and old lebron playing together

and iverson is done.

is antoine walker still playing in the d league? :lol:

hes right tho

Man, Derek Fisher has proven he can step into any team, run the offense, hit spot up 3s and play good team defense. Iverson has proven nothing in the last 5 years except that he's a spoiled brat that puts himself over the team every single time. His last stint with Memphis was the last straw in the league's eyes. He came in and caused issues IMMEDIATELY. Trust me, an undersized SG that can't shoot, play defense, isn't a good leader, complains, doesn't care about the team and is 40 years old is not getting more chances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom