Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portland offensive rebounded 43% of their shot attempts

Nah it was the turnovers that killed us. Eight in the fourth, leading to 12 FB points. Of course the rebounding hurt, but it was the turnovers that was the dagger. We turned it over three in the last two minutes.

Austin is actually playing some really solid D on Kobe down the stretch. No need to double and get your defense all out of wack.

Pau is just sitting down on the bench while the rest of the guys are up and high fiving each other. :lol:

Earl Clark has been ballin' lately. He was my 2nd fav player out of that 09 draft next to Beard.

Last edited:
No reason for the pelicans to be doubling Kobe down the stretch and getting your defense out of wack man. Gave a up to nash and some other buckets because of it :smh:

No reason for the pelicans to be doubling Kobe down the stretch and getting your defense out of wack man. Gave a up to nash and some other buckets because of it :smh:
I mean, it was just Kobe posting up (best post player according to Synergy) 6'2 Austin Rivers.

Melo got a Tech for the same exact thing 2 nights ago that almost cost the Knicks the game against the Hawks. Only thing different is Kobes deserved a tech because it actually went in the stands and was for no reason. While Melos was because he got hit in the face twice in like 2 seconds and finally got a call when he got poked in the eye.

The league really does hate the Knicks.

Just Sayin
Stop it.......... He's the worst refed superstar in the league. And doesn't talk more or less than the rest of em.

But I would expect that comment from you. Since you got banned before the playoffs started last year for running your mouth in the Knicks thread

Good day sir
GET THE **** OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!! **** THESE REFS

Kobe slams the ball, lets call a tech and rescind it. Melo slams the ball after getting fouled several times and then poked in the eye, give him a tech and don't even question it.

indifferent.gif

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
im convinced, the league hates the Knicks.
Why would they hate the Knicks?
We're nationally televised alot because we are New York, thats as much as love as we get. As for everything else.....

No such thing as homecourt advantage, no such thing as a "superstar" call, no such thing as video reviews, and the list goes on. Just watch 2-4 consecutive games and you'll see what I'm taking about.
Oh here we go again with this league-wide conspiracy against the Knicks. No superstar calls, huh? Worst-reffed superstar in the league, huh? Your superstar shoots 6 and a half threes a game (the only guys who shoot more threes per game than Melo are Ryan Anderson, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Batum) and is STILL 5th in the league in FTAs per game, tied with Kobe Bryant, AHEAD of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

I repeat, Melo plays LESS minutes per game than LeBron and shoots MORE free throws per game than him despite jacking up all these threes.

And yet all season long we have to hear about Melo getting no calls and the Knicks getting screwed every time they lose. Oh no, poor Melo got a tech for slamming the ball against Atlanta. That very same game I didn't see any of you Knicks fans complaining after the phantom foul they called on Josh Smith on Melo's 3-point play that won the game. God forbid they miss a call against Melo though...

Shut up.

Last edited:
I mean, it was just Kobe posting up (best post player according to Synergy) 6'2 Austin Rivers.

Point being? On this night he wasn't doing any scoring in the fourth in the post and Austin did a good job on him. Make him make some shots before you start doubling and leaving people open. Doesn't make sense to me.

call it whatever you want. Melo doesn't get treated properly. He's a bully and simply doesn't get calls that he should. The refs don't like certain players. It's been documented. Iverson used to get ****** over too

I don't like the fact that I even have to resort to an argument that he doesn't get star calls, because it's a cancer on this league to begin with. It matters because I don't see how you can win without them. Dirk got them. Wade got them. Bron got them. Wade smacked rondo in the face last year in the playoffs . In the closing moments of a crucial game. No call. I doubt JD just shrugged it off and said welp...

that's absolute garbage that kobe can slam the ball, but melo can't in pain.

use whatever stats about melo you want. I watch almost every game. When the defender is trying to keep the ball away from melo, he is borderline raped. '

he gets called for some of the worst offensive fouls in closing minutes of games. all the defender has to do is flop. It' happened against the celtics a few days ago and it happened against the celtics is the playoffs

JD should just be happy that Garnett is allowed to do whatever the **** he wants Grab, hold, elbow. Set illegal screens... I'd be happy too

that wasn't a phantom foul. and it was his 3rd FT of the game so he wasn't exactly pulling a Durant either.

JD never liked melo. So I know it's not a knicks thing with him anyway

Last edited:
Grizz and Raps deal looks to be heating up, Need a 3rd team to take on Calderon's contract.

Grizzlies, Raptors looking for third team to facilitate Rudy Gay trade

The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said.

Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

"With so many quality point guards, they're struggling to find a spot for Calderon," one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports.
Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks.

In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

Recently, the Grizzlies' front office dumped three contracts and a first-round pick – including Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Shelby – onto the Cleveland Cavaliers to get under the luxury-tax threshold.
At 29-15, the Grizzlies are currently the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff race. Beyond Gay, the Grizzlies have nearly $65 million in contracts locked into forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol through the 2014-15 season. They are determined to lessen luxury-tax implications of holding onto three significant contracts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--g...m-to-facilitate-rudy-gay-trade-033758281.html

Last edited:
Dont know how Boston isnt trying to land Calderon, they need a PG and i think he would be perfect for them

[quote name="CP"]JD isn't a fan of the Knicks me thinks. :lol:[/quote]I kind of... kind of picked up on that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom