Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the season:
:x

i mean..i knew KD was effecient as a mug...but damn man...thats just..ugh...thats filthy man..

when you put it that way, how dare yall compare melo to KD..
roll.gif

That's really what you got from that?

Really?

Last edited:
That's really what you got from that?

Really?
lol..wasnt it a direct comparison of melo and kd??? lol..what else was i supposed to get from it??lol..

to further elaborate, the graphs showed me that durant is in fact more efficient than i thought, it also sured up that melo isnt in the same class as him scoring wise...IMO...

How the **** you shoot 47 percent from deep? :smh:

Durant is stupid ridiculous.
From that same spot melo shoots 46 both are ridiculous from that area. Even tho they both make scoring look easy but it does look a tad bit easier for kd sometimes. To me the only part of kd game from a scoring standpoint that's not on par with Melo, Kobe, Dirk, and even after last season for LeBron is a post game. And since the league babies.him with calls he should start to relish and invite the contact.

Context matters, but:
Much has been made about Kevin Durant’s newfound post-game this season, and for good reason: Durant is currently ranked 2nd in the NBA in post-up opportunities at 1.1 points per possession, according to Synergy Sports. This is a huge accomplishment for a player who averaged just 0.89 PPP last year and was ranked 50th in the NBA.

What’s more: Durant has been used in the post more than he was last year. He has taken 11.5% of his shot attempts in post-up situations as opposed to 10.5% in 2011-2012. It’s not a huge jump, to be sure, but it shows that his improved post-up play isn’t an anomaly. Last year’s numbers were respectable, but his success with his back to the basket this year shows an enormous progression.
Link

:lol: How ignorant can you be? It's obvious that Durant shoots better and finishes around the rim better, but if you're seriously saying Melo's not even in his class, then you need to sit down. If you can't be bothered to look at the minimal amounts of shots Melo takes from his weaker areas or even to take in how great of a scorer he is as well, then you're just hating to hate. Do you.

You have to factor in that the defense has to pick their poison with the thunder you cannot double kd the entire game like they do with carmelo. Regardless, KD is nuts. They have stupid numbers from the floor thats what that shot chart says.

Do you guys think Melo is under rated? We know he's a superstar but I have never seen him be considered top 5 in the league. It has always been kobe lebron Durant cp3 derrick rose wade dirk or duncan interchangeably. Arguably hes the hardest to cover after lebron and the best scorer with KD. You can say his defense is average but he looks excellent compared to Dirk. I guess playing in Denver didn't give him exposure.
Melo is not a superstar. This is the first season he's playing like one, but he his not a superstar. He isn't in the top 5 in the L either.

Simply put, if Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Dwight, Chris Paul, and even Dwyane Wade are superstars, Carmelo Anthony is not a superstar.

From my perspective, a superstar above all else, wins. A superstar changes the culture of a team. Gets out of the first round, deep playoff runs, finals appearances, things of that nature. A superstar is not a player who gets out of the first round 1 time in the first 10 years of his time in the NBA.

Can he become a superstar? Sure. He appears to be making the strides in that direction. (However, I feel like he's not doing anythign he hasn't done before. As a team though, they are winning which makes Melo looks like he's "different." But I digress)

But for now, Carmelo i san All Star type of player. Fills it up and shoots a lot of shots and makes all star games. Which isn't a bad thing, just not a superstar.
sorry if you still want to put dwight in the superstar section then melo has every right to be in it also

and what has dwight done the last 2 years to still be in the superstar talk? im not putting melo as a superstar either but dwight has proven the last 2 years he shouldnt be given that title also

Last edited:
You have to factor in that the defense has to pick their poison with the thunder you cannot double kd the entire game like they do with carmelo. Regardless, KD is nuts. They have stupid numbers from the floor thats what that shot chart says.
A lot of people overlook this.

and what has dwight done the last 2 years to still be in the superstar talk? im not putting melo as a superstar either but dwight has proven the last 2 years he shouldnt be given that title also

This would be right if he played two years in the NBA and not 9, or 10. The point is, for multiple years Dwight was at a superstar level. Carmelo? Never.

Last edited:
Carmelo is a Top 5 player THIS season. I'm not really sure how he couldn't be.

However, KD has joined LeBron and separated from the pack this year. It's not even worth comparing other guys to those 2 this season. KD/Melo comparatively off the dribble getting to the rim and finishing or drawing fouls is a gigantic difference between the two. And don't give me the refs hate Melo, he kind of sucks around the rim. No lift and really doesn't finish through contact well for someone his size.

And what has Melo done? Ever....to be a superstar in your opinion? Dwight certainly has the edge in career accomplishments/team success.

Yeah because Carmelo has been a defensive player of the year and took his team to conference finals and NBA finals too right?...

He has been to the conference finals and lost that very same year to the same team that caused the magics to never be the same. That nugget squad was number 2 that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom