Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...we can't all have the bloodhate that KG was born with, but I remember Durant's tears. That loss burned his soul, regardless of whether he works out with Bron in the summer or not.

You wanna get rid of USA basketball, so these dudes stop getting to know each other? :lol:

Last edited:
I mean...we can't all have the bloodhate that KG was born with, but I remember Durant's tears. That loss burned his soul, regardless of whether he works out with Bron in the summer or not.

You wanna get rid of USA basketball, so these dudes stop getting to know each other? :lol:

KD and Bron are one thing, I would say they are both fiery competitors, but Dwight on the other hand, dancing and goofing off when they are getting blown out......I wonder how Kobe handles that in the locker room

I swear the level of unintelligent discourse rises every time I enter this thread...

Jerryd Bayless...nice to see him playing well. Went from almost being #2 in the draft to being a permanent bum in the league.
He was never close to being number 2 in that draft though
laugh.gif
I was a big fan of his coming into draft. Nice to see him finally hooping the way I thought he could be. Maybe this is when he turns the corner.

well there was sure as hell talk of him going before RW and people swore up and down he would be better then him

well there was sure as hell talk of him going before RW and people swore up and down he would be better then him

Well that might be true but Russell Wasn't even being considered the number 2 pick in the draft either. It was all Rose and Beasley, until late when there was talks that Miami would take OJ because of Riley and Wade's infatuation with him.

Till' this day that draft is my favorite. So many good ones came from that draft.

I remember reports of Riley being a fan of Mayo's but didn't pull the trigger. Funny how Beasley being just enough of a bust changed their franchise.

I remember everyone being FLOORED when Russ got picked.

And I never ever ever heard Bayless to Miami. It was always Beas and OJ like P just said. I don't think Bayless was ever that nice, but he did get loose in summer ball, Portland fans were goin insane out here.

I only wonder what it would be like if OKC took Love instead of Russ tho. Durant/KLove would be just unreal, even moreso than Russ/KD.

I remember how the front office really wanted Kevin Love, but somehow traded him for OJ. And I actually liked it at the time and so did a lot of other people. :rolleyes

Also, I'm a firm believer of being in the right situation. If Bayless did go to OKC, is there a chance he would've been a really good scoring guard there? If Minnesota kept OJ, what would his value be today? If Westbrook was drafted by Memphis, he would probably be in the same boat as OJ is currently in.

Last edited:
I remember everyone being FLOORED when Russ got picked.

And I never ever ever heard Bayless to Miami. It was always Beas and OJ like P just said. I don't think Bayless was ever that nice, but he did get loose in summer ball, Portland fans were goin insane out here.

I only wonder what it would be like if OKC took Love instead of Russ tho. Durant/KLove would be just unreal, even moreso than Russ/KD.

Nah brah. The hindsight draft pick we screwed up on was we could have had Noah (went # 9)instead of Jeff Green (went 5 then traded to us, who was of course Seattle at the time).

And we drafted Bledsoe (Presti liked him and Bradley) then traded him to the Clippers because they decided we'd be better off with a vet so we signed Royal Ivey.

Brooklyn Nets are fugazi, they're fake. Nothing but fools gold. They only beat bad teams, they're great at that.

Deron Williams is such a joke, I thought the Nets were going to be dangerous because I thought Deron Wlliams was as good as Chris Paul two years ago, but god damn he's just so bad. Even if his shot is off (which has been ugly) he's barely been getting to the rim and finishing. What happened to this dude? I'm starting to wonder whether Sloan just made him look like a genuis in Utah?

Brooklyn Nets are fugazi, they're fake. Nothing but fools gold. They only beat bad teams, they're great at that.

Deron Williams is such a joke, I thought the Nets were going to be dangerous because I thought Deron Wlliams was as good as Chris Paul two years ago, but god damn he's just so bad. Even if his shot is off (which has been ugly) he's barely been getting to the rim and finishing. What happened to this dude? I'm starting to wonder whether Sloan just made him look like a genuis in Utah?
But...they split w/ the Knicks tho.

Funny story I heard in a podcast hosted by David Locke (Jazz radio PBP):

A coach sat Bayless down and explained four scenarios. Either Bayless could play well and his team plays well, Bayless plays well but his team plays poorly, Bayless plays poorly but his team plays well or Bayless plays poorly and his team plays poorly. At the end of the conversation Bayless asks his coach "If I play well, how can the team play poorly?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember how the front office really wanted Kevin Love, but somehow traded him for OJ. And I actually liked it at the time and so did a lot of other people. :rolleyes

Also, I'm a firm believer of being in the right situation. If Bayless did go to OKC, is there a chance he would've been a really good scoring guard there? If Minnesota kept OJ, what would his value be today? If Westbrook was drafted by Memphis, he would probably be in the same boat as OJ is currently in.

Russ has definitely benefitted from his situation but he's an immeasurably better player than OJ ever was. You can't compare the two.

no knock on brook, but deron and joe has to be their main guy. they need to be more consistent.

Russ has definitely benefitted from his situation but he's an immeasurably better player than OJ ever was. You can't compare the two.

That isn't true. As BHZ alluded to, situations/fits affect a lot. Russ was never better than OJ in HS, nor at UCLA. No one expected Russ to be THIS good in the league. If Russ played in memphis with Mark Gasol and Rudy gay, he probably wouldn't be nearly as revered as he is now. If OJ dropped to 4 there is no way the sonics would have picked Russ instead of OJ. Russ is better, sure. But Immeasurably better? Nah.

Speaking of that draft, it's sad to see what Beasley has become man. He was supposed to be better than 10, 11 a game man..:smh:

That isn't true. As BHZ alluded to, situations/fits affect a lot. Russ was never better than OJ in HS, nor at UCLA. No one expected Russ to be THIS good in the league. If Russ played in memphis with Mark Gasol and Rudy gay, he probably wouldn't be nearly as revered as he is now. If OJ dropped to 4 there is no way the sonics would have picked Russ instead of OJ. Russ is better, sure. But Immeasurably better? Nah.

Well OJ's had his chances and hasn't proven himself to be more than a very good 6th man type (maybe a Jason Terry). Russell is a big-time star. So I'd say that's a pretty big gulf between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom