Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Juice, but it's not close in comparison with Westbrook. Westbrook has been a top six or seven player this season. Juice has been very good in his own right, but he just doesn't measure up to what Westbrook can do night in and night out.

Well OJ's had his chances and hasn't proven himself to be more than a very good 6th man type (maybe a Jason Terry). Russell is a big-time star. So I'd say that's a pretty big gulf between them.

As a starting 2 guard right now, he's almost 18 5 and 5 and doing it efficiently. That's better than a "very good 6th man." That's a starting 2 in the NBA.

Not saying he's better than Westbrook, but OJ is definitely a starting 2 in the league. At his peak the way it's looking, he could be a 18 5 and 5 kind of guy in the league which is very solid for a 2 guard. Hell he's basically doing that now.

Last edited:
Russ has definitely benefitted from his situation but he's an immeasurably better player than OJ ever was. You can't compare the two.

What I'm saying is, Westbrook would've been a SG in Memphis next to Conley. Being that he wasn't as good as OJ during his rookie season, then factoring in his attitude, etc. Hollins would've benched his *** just as quick as he did OJ.

Players just benefit from the situation.

I'm not even comparing them at this point in their career. I'm comparing them from when they were drafted and how Westbrook benefited from being next to Durant and management believed in those two guys going forward. Management believed in OJ for two seasons and that was it :lol:

Last edited:
Speaking of that draft, it's sad to see what Beasley has become man. He was supposed to be better than 10, 11 a game man..:smh:
I can't believe how wrong I was with him. Dude was 26/12 @ K State. He was dropping 30/20 at one point early in the year. I thought he would be a BEAST.

Last edited:
As a starting 2 guard right now, he's almost 18 5 and 5 and doing it efficiently. That's better than a "very good 6th man." That's a starting 2 in the NBA.

Not saying he's better than Westbrook, but OJ is definitely a starting 2 in the league. At his peak the way it's looking, he could be a 18 5 and 5 kind of guy in the league which is very solid for a 2 guard. Hell he's basically doing that now.

Well, we'll see if he can keep it up. I like OJ and see him having a very productive career (why I brought up Jason Terry). I just don't see him as a star like WB.

Edit: to be more clear, I also don't see his ceiling ever having been as high as Westbrook's.

Last edited:
I love how 95% of NT hated on Westbrook for the longest time. Even enough to make a 20 page "is anyone really a Russell Westbrook fan?" thread. Glad most people have finally come around. Dude is a star.

Russ has definitely benefitted from his situation but he's an immeasurably better player than OJ ever was. You can't compare the two.
What I'm saying is, Westbrook would've been a SG in Memphis next to Conley. Being that he wasn't as good as OJ during his rookie season, then factoring in his attitude, etc. Hollins would've benched his *** just as quick as he did OJ.

Players just benefit from the situation.

I'm not even comparing them at this point in their career. I'm comparing them from when they were drafted and how Westbrook benefited from being next to Durant and management believed in those two guys going forward. Management believed in OJ for two seasons and that was it
laugh.gif
Conley would be sitting his *** on the bench if RW was on that team and you know it

the last time Oj mayo was better then RW was in the summer of 2007.

He was better than russell in their first two years in the league though. Not that it matters now though :lol:

Well, we'll see if he can keep it up. I like OJ and see him having a very productive career (why I brought up Jason Terry). I just don't see him as a star like WB.

How he started this season off was obviously unsustainable. Juice was at 23 a game almost. However, 18 5 and 5? Very reasonable. Over half way through the season and he's holding steady in that 17-18 a game range, and his assist and rebound numbers keep going up. He isn't a star like Westbrook I agree. I do believe however, that OJ can hold what he's doing right now for the rest of his career though.

The Lakers lost Pau Gasol to injury in the game and Bryant thinks Howard can play through the injury.

"He's probably worried about the damage in his shoulder," Bryant said. "I don't think he's ever had to play through injuries in his career. I think it's a new experience for him."

"When I was growing up, going through high school and middle school, unfortunately but fortunately I dealt with injuries," Bryant said. "Not injuries that were debilitating but injuries you have to play through where you have to manage the pain. When you go through those things you learn your body and what you can push through.

Well OJ's had his chances and hasn't proven himself to be more than a very good 6th man type (maybe a Jason Terry). Russell is a big-time star. So I'd say that's a pretty big gulf between them.

cliffs: hes an efficient starting 2 guard that avgs 18/5/5

Last edited:
if Spurs land Al Jefferson... :x

ehh no matter how much talent you stack on your team there still is only one basketball...

plus this move might help the lakers have a better chance of sneaking into the playoffs if the jazz dip...

If you have star level talent, a situation will eventually open up for you, not the other way around. Just look at Jermaine O'Neal when he started off in Portland.

:lol: why is the NBA HGH testing under lebron's page on rotoworld?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/927/lebron-james

David Stern said Wednesday he expects the NBA will add blood testing for human growth hormone in time for the 2013-14 season.
Stern is simply following suit after Major League Baseball instituted in-season testing for HGH this year. Stern said the league was waiting to begin testing for HGH because "there hasn’t been a favored testing protocol yet." The commissioner also said he doesn't believe the NBA has a serious problem with HGH. Feb 6 - 3:44 PM
Source: SI.com

Bill Simmons recently exposed the testing policy on the NBA. This won't change anything. They don't even test for the playoffs.

If you have star level talent, a situation will eventually open up for you, not the other way around. Just look at Jermaine O'Neal when he started off in Portland.

I agree, but it would be interesting to hear a couple examples of the opposite. Where people truly believe a potential star didn't get there because of his location.

Conley would be sitting his *** on the bench if RW was on that team and you know it

If people felt like Westbrook was more of a SG than a PG coming out and they felt like OJ could have been either or, what maeks you think Memphis was going to play him at PG if they were liooking to upgrade their SG spot? Westbrook was not about to play PG in Memphis :lol:

I agree, but it would be interesting to hear a couple examples of the opposite. Where people truly believe a potential star didn't get there because of his location.

Greg Oden maybe?

Eric Gordon?

John Wall?

I could be dead *** wrong about all of these guys, but its just a thought

Last edited:
Greg Oden maybe?

Eric Gordon?

John Wall?

I could be dead *** wrong about all of these guys, but its just a thought

Oden if you believe in curses.

John Wall might be a good one though over the last couple years I started to think maybe he was never as good as advertised... I guess you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom