Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their are always a couple teams in the league with good records but are nothing but fools gold.

This year, the fools gold award for each conference is.

Western Conference - Golden State (no pun intended)

Eastern Conference - Brooklyn Nets

Other potential nominees are the Utah Jazz and Atlanta Hawks but the Warriors and Nets have been getting way more media exposure for their records.

Maybe you're right about GSW, but as a Clippers fan, I know I don't want to see them in the first round. They seem to have our number this season.

Don't forget Denver. Another first round exit coming.

Not this year, if they stay where they are, they'll play Golden State or Memphis.

Denver will beat those teams in the first round. Golden State won't have a shot and this new Memphis Grizzlies team without Rudy Gay will get ran out the gym. Denver matches up perfectly with Grizzlies.

I hope its a Nuggets/Grizz 1st round matchup.. I definitely see Nuggets running them out of the gym

Their are always a couple teams in the league with good records but are nothing but fools gold.

This year, the fools gold award for each conference is.

Western Conference - Golden State (no pun intended)

Eastern Conference - Brooklyn Nets

Other potential nominees are the Utah Jazz and Atlanta Hawks but the Warriors and Nets have been getting way more media exposure for their records.
Golden State isnt fools gold, there the real deal and exactly where they should be. A middle of the pack team in the West. Fools Gold would be the Clippers. Everyones talking about Clippers this and Clippers that, Clippers are going to the NBA Finals or even the WCF for that matter. If they meet up with either OKC ro San Antonio in the second round thats the end of the end of the line for them. Best team in the west yeah ok.....

Golden State becomes legit if Bogut can play 30+ minutes and produces how he did in Milwaukee. His defense changes everything for them.

I agree, just because those are 2 GREAT teams, but you can never discount CP3 in the playoffs, hopefully he is completely healthy!

Earlier this season I would have given us more of a chance, but the way we've been playing lately, a 2nd round exit sounds about right. But there's still a lot of season left, so maybe the Clips will hit another stride going into the playoffs.

I don't doubt Chris Paul, so if he's healthy come playoffs, I think he can take them far. But, I think they lose in a competitive 2nd round or quickly in the Conference Finals. Give them another year, Spurs get a year older, and then I think they've got a good chance of going all the way.

This year, I don't think there's anything stopping a Lebron and Durant rematch. 

(Other than the Knicks, of course). 

Last edited:
I feel like the Warriors can take the Clippers in a potential 1st round matchup.

Last edited:
How do you guys like the Spurs chances with Duncan hurt? I dont doubt Pop as a coach, but come playoff time you need your difference makers on the court

Clippers can play solid defense though. Their man problems are working in a half-court offense and the limitations of Deandre Jordan.

Like the Knicks, a lot of things need to go right in terms of playoff seeding for the Clippers to go far.

Last edited:
How do you guys like the Spurs chances with Duncan hurt? I dont doubt Pop as a coach, but come playoff time you need your difference makers on the court

It's still early, once pop knows they got 1 or 2 seed expect him to rest his players FINES or NOT....it's pop.

Even if they were healthy, I didn't have them coming out of the West anyway. They'll be a very great regular season team, but they've been a great regular season team the last few years and didn't make it out. I don't see them beating OKC in 7 games. 

Last edited:
I feel like the Warriors can take the Clippers in a potential 1st round matchup.
I know they can and would if they met up first round. Clippers want no part of any of the top seeded teams, they will lose.
He will be healthy come playoff time and if not then I still like our chances to go to the WCF at least. Our Depth is our strength and players like Tiago and Danny Green have stepped up in Timmys absence and will continue to do so.
Even if they were healthy, I didn't have them coming out of the West anyway. They'll be a very great regular season team, but they've been a great regular season team the last few years and didn't make it out. I don't see them beating OKC in 7 games. 
We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom