Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
as long as im associated with that championship then idc

you guys really think this dude would take some illegal? SMH

Im a huge Kobe fan but yes I think he would take a "PED" because honestly why would an athlete like him or any athlete not consider it?

He made that look effortless. I'm in perfect health and can only touch the bottom of the net
laugh.gif
impossible 
laugh.gif

Kobe on steroids? Doubt it. Steroids for basketball players doesn't make much sense.

However, Kobe on HGH, or any other basketball player for that matter - I wouldn't doubt at all. HGH speeds up recovery and helps with injuries. Kobe being the competitive maniac he is, I wouldn't doubt he'd look for any edge to help with his age. Plus the NBA doesn't test for it.

Can't just sit here and accuse him tho, I'm sure there are other players on it. Kobe's still going strong because he's an amazing basketball player, skillfully and mentally. Jordan was just as good or better than Kobe at 34, but medical advancements have improved so much in 20 years. I'm sure MJ would have gone to Germany, and I'm sure LeBron will go when he hits that age.

It shouldn't be that surprising that Kobe's still dominating, he's that much better than the competition, regardless if he loses a step and isn't as athletic anymore.

Kobe on steroids? Doubt it. Steroids for basketball players doesn't make much sense.

However, Kobe on HGH, or any other basketball player for that matter - I wouldn't doubt at all. HGH speeds up recovery and helps with injuries. Kobe being the competitive maniac he is, I wouldn't doubt he'd look for any edge to help with his age. Plus the NBA doesn't test for it.

Can't just sit here and accuse him tho, I'm sure there are other players on it. Kobe's still going strong because he's an amazing basketball player, skillfully and mentally. Jordan was just as good or better than Kobe at 34, but medical advancements have improved so much in 20 years. I'm sure MJ would have gone to Germany, and I'm sure LeBron will go when he hits that age.

It shouldn't be that surprising that Kobe's still dominating, he's that much better than the competition, regardless if he loses a step and isn't as athletic anymore.

Barry Bonds was an amazing baseball player, skillfully and mentally - that didnt change what he did. The difference between MJ and Kobe at age 34 is Kobe's played WAY more games since he came to the NBA at 18, didn't take any years off to play baseball and has been in the Olympics twice. I'm not surprised he's still playing well. I'm surprised that he's playing almost exactly like he played 3-4 years ago. It's not like he's relying on his jumper more. He finishes in traffic, dunks on people, gets by even the best athletes in the league, plays 40 minutes a game, does not need any rest. He could just be a freak but honestly, what he's doing and how he's doing it just doesn't make sense. 2013 Kobe might be better than 2009 Kobe.

Didn't know the nba wasn't testing for hgh...pretty sure players are taking it since there's no risk involved

But nah, they didnt have athletes back then
at 6'9 jumping from the dotted circle and doing a layup....lol really. I mean would a play like that even be a highlight let alone archived at any level outside maybe high school. Btw if you slow it and do frame by frame he didnt jump over him he jumped pass him. Dude was bent over and turned at a angle..

at 5'9 over a 7fter without the full court head start. And id add for every bill russell 6'9 player in that era... i could easily point out an athletic 6'9 player probably on every current nba team. Also like i said skillset is much higher... Lets see some footage of him taking a guy off the dribble, shooting from long range on a consistent basis... initiate a offense

Idk how ppl call shaq the most dominant...

Wilt is the definition of dominant....dudes numbers are crazy

Idk how ppl call shaq the most dominant...

Wilt is the definition of dominant....dudes numbers are crazy

Meh...

After reading Bill Simmons' take on Wilt from his Book of Basketball, it really put things in perspective for me. Maybe "meh" isn't the right word to use, but Wilt's stats were somewhat skewed due to his gameday approach.

I can't say for sure whether either Kobe or MJ ever used, but while Kobe is still an elite player @34, his athleticism has declined about as you would expect. He doesn't have the same elevation or quickness with his first step as he did even a few years ago.

I was watching some film of MJ during his second threepeat and what stood out to me immediately was how quick his first step was and how much more explosive he was than Kobe is at the same age.

I wouldn't put it past either of them to use PED's to come back from an injury. Theyre just too competitive. I honestly think if you told them they had to shoot a newborn baby in the face or else they couldn't suit up for the finals, they'd be on their way to the hospital before you could even finish your sentence. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom