Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston has bad perimeter defenders thats not changing
chandler Parsons is an above average defender..Lin is decent..Harden is non existent 
laugh.gif
..When Harden tries, he's a great defender with a strong and physical body

Houston isn't winning a damb thing

It would be way too easy to respond to this

Thanks Pmatic, very good read...Like I said, if Houston learns to clamp down on defence (which will come), we'll be a top 4 team in the west..
:lol:

Is anybody really trusting teams after the Spurs, OKC, and maybe Clips to strike it big? There's a legit tossup after them, especially with how Memphis has played after the trade deadline. So its really not that out of the question they could be a top 4 team, but realistically I see them probably finishing sixth.

Is anybody really trusting teams after the Spurs, OKC, and maybe Clips to strike it big? There's a legit tossup after them, especially with how Memphis has played after the trade deadline. So its really not that out of the question they could be a top 4 team, but realistically I see them probably finishing sixth.
You mean after the Grizzlies have won seven straight?

Albeit with a cake schedule, but you play who you play.

Player A: 28.8 PPG (64.4/42.9/79.6), 7.4 RPG, 7.2 APG in February
Player B: 29.1 PPG (53.9/50.8/84.7), 6.9 RPG, 6.8 APG in February

Player A: LeBron James
Player B: James Harden

Last edited:
did you also take into account he was down playing wilt so he could hype up Russell even more?

No, Mike the thought never crossed my mind. Does he follow the Celtics?

Whaaaaaaa? Simmons would never.

:lol:

He may be a homer, but he knows his ****. I think you read the book (Mike, obviously can't)...but his arguments were pretty good as to why Bill Russell was the better between the two and also why Wilt's numbers are somewhat skewed.

:lol: @ putting any stock into what Bill Simmons said.

Why shouldn't I? Dude knows his ****.

I certainly did read the book, and he is quite good, very smart, but if you don't see the homerism from him in there, I don't know what to tell you man. Dude spoke Celtics on every page, every chapter had something to do with Boston, every podcast, every time he's on tv, everything. :lol:

I like the guy, but he doesn't quit.

J's, he once made the argument that Jordan doesn't get 6 if Lewis and Bias don't die. Like it was a foregone conclusion they could stop the MJ Bulls. :lol: After that, I haven't been able to hold much of his stuff down. He has an angle for everything he says now.

I certainly did read the book, and he is quite good, very smart, but if you don't see the homerism from him in there, I don't know what to tell you man. Dude spoke Celtics on every page, every chapter had something to do with Boston, every podcast, every time he's on tv, everything. :lol:

J's, he once made the argument that Jordan doesn't get 6 if Lewis and Bias don't die. Like it was a foregone conclusion they could stop the MJ Bulls. :lol: After that, I haven't been able to hold much of his stuff down. He has an angle for everything he says now.

Trust me, I know he bleeds green....however, if you take away the comparison between Wilt/Russell and solely look at his argument about Wilt's stat padding, it's eye-opening. At least to me it was. I knew of Wilt's statistical exploits and never looked much into them. I was always :wow: when hearing about the points, rebounds, and assists he would rack up from the 5 being 7'1". However, Simmons did his research and some of the things he came up with were pretty damning.

NBA rescinds tech given to Mamba last night which would have given him 14 total. Now he is back at 13, 3 away from an auto suspension.

I certainly did read the book, and he is quite good, very smart, but if you don't see the homerism from him in there, I don't know what to tell you man. Dude spoke Celtics on every page, every chapter had something to do with Boston, every podcast, every time he's on tv, everything.
laugh.gif

J's, he once made the argument that Jordan doesn't get 6 if Lewis and Bias don't die. Like it was a foregone conclusion they could stop the MJ Bulls.
laugh.gif
After that, I haven't been able to hold much of his stuff down. He has an angle for everything he says now.
Trust me, I know he bleeds green....however, if you take away the comparison between Wilt/Russell and solely look at his argument about Wilt's stat padding, it's eye-opening. At least to me it was. I knew of Wilt's statistical exploits and never looked much into them. I was always
eek.gif
when hearing about the points, rebounds, and assists he would rack up from the 5 being 7'1". However, Simmons did his research and some of the things he came up with were pretty damning.
Which were???? I am very curious.

maybe not this year, or next year, but we sure are getting better considering the fact that everything had to be rebuilt..not to mention we are on our way to making the playoffs...least inexperienced team..completely revamped roster...taking a chance on Harden, who some say weren't worth 80 million...just a couple pieces away, and we will contend...
But yall already in the toughest conference. The rockets are going to be good in the years to come but don't over shoot expectations

NBA rescinds tech given to Mamba last night which would have given him 14 total. Now he is back at 13, 3 away from an auto suspension.
wow, anything to protect him from suspension..does durant still have one tech left before suspension?

Trust me, I know he bleeds green....however, if you take away the comparison between Wilt/Russell and solely look at his argument about Wilt's stat padding, it's eye-opening. At least to me it was. I knew of Wilt's statistical exploits and never looked much into them. I was always :wow: when hearing about the points, rebounds, and assists he would rack up from the 5 being 7'1". However, Simmons did his research and some of the things he came up with were pretty damning.

Man, he talks about Russell's badly sprained ankle in 1958..........who the **** knows how bad his ankle was in 1958 man? That's Bill doin anything and everything to make sure his point comes across, and any questions get taken care of. :lol:
He goes on counting all star appearances as PROOF that Wilt has the same talent around him as Russell did, cuz counting all star appearances matter.

He did his homework, no question, but you can't tell me he didn't leave some things out on Wilt's side, or stack some on Russ's side.

Russ got the hardware, it don't matter, but reading Bill's account about it ain't the way to go.

houston is his best pick if he doesnt want to resign with the lakers right?

Resigning??? He's not resigning. He's basically made his mind up he's going to Houston. You see how unhappy he looks playing with Kobe? Plus you factor in that Houston has James Harden...it's simply a matter of time.

J's, he once made the argument that Jordan doesn't get 6 if Lewis and Bias don't die. Like it was a foregone conclusion they could stop the MJ Bulls

I don't blame him for this one, it's very reasonable to me at least.

Which were???? I am very curious.

One year he decided he wanted to lead the league in assists, he either did it or came very close I forget - but he went out his way to try. But Simmons did probably leave out the fact that Wilt's team had the best record in the league that year as well.

If you want to put a dent into Wilt's numbers - it's the fact that the guy never, ever came off the floor. Averaged 46 minutes a game for his career. That has to lend itself to some stat padding along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom