Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talk on the Thunder
laugh.gif
..... IT WAS ALL GOOD JUST A WEEK AGO!
laugh.gif
 the panic on them is almost reaching Lakers status.... except theres like 2 Thunder fans on NT 
laugh.gif

i never understood why the prime age has to be from 26-30? is it not conceivable that KD is already in his "prime" and we wont see much improvement? (when i say prime i don't mean that he's going to fall off anytime soon either). i mean, he's already GOOD, what more can he realistically add to his game?

i never understood why the prime age has to be from 26-30? is it not conceivable that KD is already in his "prime" and we wont see much improvement? (when i say prime i don't mean that he's going to fall off anytime soon either). i mean, he's already GOOD, what more can he realistically add to his game?

Didnt want to be the one that said this but QFT

It's what history tells us the prime age in when you factor things such as age and average time in the league. This thread has taken an interesting turn though I'm enjoying it.

Improving passing, defending, rebounding, and playing in the post.

He can and likely will improve.

Didnt want to be the one that said this but QFT

Eh as good as Durant is now, he can still greatly improve. He's still really only a scorer. He's not a playermaker, Could improve on defense, etc.

I've thought though, what if he is just a scorer. Nothing wrong with that but still...idk if he'll ever be that all-around player most people think he'll become

Passing, ball handling, strength, post game....

Ball handling is the least of his worries tho and his passing has gotten better as well but the latter 2 def can be improved

Dude needs to get his post game up before we start talking about he in his prime. Dude still learning. Let's not forget that kd couldn't really dunk when he came into the league. Looked a lot like a 5'10 dude that could barley dunk

I don't think KD is in his prime yet. He can improve in a lot of facets in his game.
Shoot even if he bulked up a little it could help out his game. I still think he's manage to win the chip.

Even though I'm a Heat fan I think it'd be dope if it were like MIA vs OKC for the next couple of years and they split the chips.

this season he's already averaging 28/5/8 on 50% shooting, similar to his averages last year.

how much of an improvement could he possibly make to make him "scarier" than he is now? he's already a dangerous scorer and a decent defender/rebounder

and you guys are mentioning bulking up. is it fathomable that that would be detrimental to other parts of his game? explosiveness and speed?

and i don't get why a post up game = prime years. it was said about lebron too.

Last edited:

Pus his understanding of the game. I love how Bron talks about getting the right shots and knowing exactly how to do that. Not saying KD isn't already one of the most efficient players, but he WILL continue to learn...it's inevitable.

this season he's already averaging 28/5/8 on 50% shooting, similar to his averages last year.

how much of an improvement could he possibly make to make him "scarier" than he is now? he's already a dangerous scorer and a decent defender/rebounder

and you guys are mentioning bulking up. is it fathomable that that would be detrimental to other parts of his game? explosiveness and speed?

More post game, better passing, try to become a better defender. And I still think it'd help if he bulked up just a little.
That and maybe he can try to be a little more assertive like some people have been mentioning. He may be a little too humble or laid back or passive or something, idk the word. Sometimes he just gotta go out there and get his haha.

his impact on the game.

we can all agree that bron has always been a 28/7/7 guy but his impact on this season has never been greater

He may be a little too humble or laid back or passive or something, idk the word. Sometimes he just gotta go out there and get his haha.

that i can agree with. he needs his "lebron boston game 6" moment.

edit. great point grandtheftbike. never really thought about that.

some other great points being made. duly noted.

Last edited:
I said improving passing and rebounding, not getting more each game.

Last edited:
KD really just needs to develop the Dirk fadeaway in the post, He'll never be able to bang down there but adding that inside outside game like Bron has done is always the last step for talented scorers.

Shoeking is right. KD would do best as the 2nd guy off the bench. Why would you want a guy who is putting up MVP numbers and is the 2nd best player in the league as your number one option? Recipe for disaster.

Iverson should of gotten a consolation trophy or something for being the only man to beat the Lakers in the 2001 playoffs alone. That game 1 win in OT had the whole city of LA worried and shocked :lol: if it wasn't for AI we would of gone 15-0

i remember that day on niketalk. the loss had laker 4 life shook :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom