Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen MJ and Kobe both play in their primes. LeBron is no where near where they were. Not even close either.

And don't even get me started on being clutch. Lebron only has a handful of game winning shots. Melo is more clutch for God's sake :lol:

So clutch only means game winners?

I've seen MJ and Kobe both play in their primes. LeBron is no where near where they were. Not even close either.

And don't even get me started on being clutch. Lebron only has a handful of game winning shots. Melo is more clutch for God's sake
laugh.gif
Yes since its the only was you can measure it on the scoreboard 

says ignorant basketball fans.

And don't even get me started on being clutch. Lebron only has a handful of game winning shots. Melo is more clutch for God's sake :lol:

Care to explain to me what clutch means? Last time I checked it's making a shot to give your team the win.

Look, aside from being clutch, LeBron just doesn't put fear into people. His team does that, but he doesn't on an individual level. Most people who have an ounce of competence in the game of basketball will agree with me. When MJ stepped on the floor, you could tell the defender wanted no part of that game. Even as a fan, you knew your team had no chance against him. Maybe it's a new age or whatever, but there are people and teams that do believe they have a chance against Lebron and the Heat.

If Lebron works his *** off and has the work ethic MJ and Kobe had, maybe he'll be in the conversation. But right now, he's just not. MJ's and Kobe's resume's are far more impressive.

One thing that is for sure is that LeBron will have MONSTER stats when it's all said and done. Unreal talent.

Last edited:
Care to explain to me what clutch means? Last time I checked it's making a shot to give your team the win.

Looks, aside from being clutch, LeBron just doesn't put fear into people. His team does that, but he doesn't on an individual level. If Lebron works his *** off and has the work ethic MJ and Kobe had, maybe he'll be in the conversation. But right now, he's just not. MJ's and Kobe's resume's are far more impressive.

One thing that is for sure is that LeBron will have MONSTER stats when it's all said and done. Unreal talent.

THIS.

#DatWorkEthic

Last edited:

Look, aside from being clutch, LeBron just doesn't put fear into people. His team does that, but he doesn't on an individual level. Most people who have an ounce of competence in the game of basketball will agree with me. When MJ stepped on the floor, you could tell the defender wanted no part of that game. Even as a fan, you knew your team had no chance against him. Maybe it's a new age or whatever, but there are people and teams that do believe they have a chance against Lebron and the Heat.

If Lebron works his *** off and has the work ethic MJ and Kobe had, maybe he'll be in the conversation. But right now, he's just not. MJ's and Kobe's resume's are far more impressive.

Clutch is coming through when the game matters either on the offensive or defensive end....work ethic? Lol you been working out with bron in the offseason

Clutch is coming through when the game matters either on the offensive or defensive end....work ethic? Lol you been working out with bron in the offseason

Shane Battier is more clutch on the defensive end if you wanna talk about defense. He guarded Jeff Green, not Lebron.

And no, I don't have to work out with LeBron in the offseason to know if he has work ethic or not. How the Hell do we all know what Kobe and MJ's work ethic was? You see it in their games the following season.

There was a point in MJ's career where you'd see something new from his game every year. With Lebron it doesn't seem like anything is new. I'll give him the post move stuff, but you can tell he still prefers to face up his defender and blows right by. A lot of his work on the offense is based off of his athleticism.

It'll be VERY interesting to see how his game evolves when his body starts wearing down. That's made people see MJ's and Kobe's work ethic. Even after they got older and slower--they still changed their games and developed into "skill" players built on finesse and fundamentals. Footwork is a great example of this.

Look at MJ's and Kobe's footwork. It's damn near amazing. This video is a great example. FYI. I'm not making this an MJ vs LeBron post. Just using him as an example.

Last edited:
The cliche "clutch, killer instinct," terms are nice, but if you're as excellent and well-rounded as LeBron is, do you NEED it? Did Magic Johnson have it? What about Bill Russell? Do people look at Hakeem and say, "Man, that killer instinct really elevated him to the next level!"

No. LeBron doesn't need the killer instinct if he's able to dominate and control games the way he has the course of his career.

And let's not pretend like LeBron hasn't come up big.

Does he have as many memorable game-deciding plays as someone like Jordan or Kobe? No, but he does have some, and LeBron is a much better passer, creator, and distraction that either of those two guys.

When LeBron passes his teammates the ball, they have confidence that it's the right shot to take. When Steve Blake catches a shot from Kobe Bryant, he's shudders in fear that he will disappoint the Lakers. When LeBron passes to Udonis Haslem or Chris Bosh, it's their shot, and they are confident in making the shot, because LeBron makes the right play.

I think it's such an overly exhausted statement that LeBron doesn't have the instincts of the players that are better than him in NBA history. There arguably hasn't been a more complete NBA player than LeBron James.

Or in other words, LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE.

Lol....basketball is a team sport..he doesn't possess the ability to send fear down the other teams spine? Wtf? Haven't you seen his dunk on terry? If that doesn't scare your team, dunno what will...

That was a okay dunk at best.

First of all. Terry was in no man land with his back turned trying to defend a 1 on 3 fast break by the Heat

Terry is like 6 foot 2 on a good day. Lebron is 6'8 coming down at full speed.

The dunk was overblown. Imo only dunks that is worthy in my book is Pip over Ewing. VC over Weis. Tmac over Bradley. Kobe over Dwight, Yao Ming etc. You know dunking over 7 footer while being contested is more impressive than dunking over some ****** with their back turned.

Lebron dunk was alright that's about it.

Have you seen him play in the last year or two?

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's not anywhere near Kobe or post 90s Jordan midrange though

Lebron has pretty average footwork and midrange.

Lebron is about to be 30 in a year. It's going to be a huge decline in lebron game in about a year or two.

I propose we start a thread called the Barbershop.

You can argue player a vs b, throw out ridiculous hypotheticals and all is fair game except cursing and the normal stuff.

But if you bring those things to any other thread you get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom