Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, LeBron was crying about soft ish. But after watching the interview its tough watching him go outbecause of an injury. Nobody has the heart in the league that Kobe does. I'll still wouldn't mind seeing the Lakers not make the playoffs but Kobe is just cut from the MJ cloth(constant warrior) at its finest. And if you're truly happy about him getting hurt, you've obviously never hooped at an competitive level and your extremely childish. The last time I wished someone got hurt I was 9 or 10 when Kobe beat AI in the finals. It's time to grow up.

QFT never wished someone got hurt I mean wouldn't you want to beat the best competition on the court

They called a foul on Barnes? :stoneface:

What? Is that what he came back n shot two free throws for? Yeah the refs were def tripping last night, smh! I guess I can see where all the "fix was in" talk is coming from. I watched that play n no way was there a foul!

Last edited:
He pushed too hard.

Wasn't D'antoni's fault in the slightest.

Management hired a guy who couldn't

stand up and tell Kobe no.

I totally forgot the angle of Pringles overplaying his players, riding them like race horses. He did the same with STAT, look at how his condition has worsened, he did the same with Melo and he hasn't an injury free or even light on injury season since, and he rode Lin like crazy which led to him not even playing in the playoffs. One part you can understand given the situation they're in but dude definitely won't pay mind to his better players logging 600 minutes in 12 games.

Last edited:
it's crazy how we were just talking about what each player means to his respective team, and now Kobe goes out, I guess we'll see how Lakers do, but damn, it's tough as a basketball fan to see one of the best not be able to fight through injury (especially since Mamba fights through everything) 
mean.gif

I'm supposed to go hoop in an hour... can't get my mind off this ****.
I'm sure it'll be the first topic brought up by all the dudes at the park.
It's a tough pill to swallow man.

It's one of those situations where you tell yourself, he'll be fine...he's a millionaire, he has a family, he's going to recover and he'll live his life...so just worry about yours.

but at the same time, its 17 years man. I've been watching this dude since i was 8 years old.
8!!! Off the court I knew the guy was an arrogant prick. I was never a fan of the things hed say or do off the court.

But on the court, he was like my idol man. The determination, the hard work, the relentlessness, the will power... all those things were inspirational.
I played basketball because of the man, i wanted to be him on the court...unfortunately, i was nothing close :lol:
but i tried. I copied most of my post moves off of him, just like how he copied a lot of moves from MJ.

Its just tough. People say "how you gonna be sad over a grown man who doesn't even know you," dont realize this is a dude weve admired and looked up to (on the court, not off) for 17 years.

Its not the way we wanna see his career end... and even if he comes back, its just sad to think he wont be the same...that he cant exit the way he wanted to.

Its gonna be an interesting day of hooping at the park today.
Im sure itll be the talk of the town everywhere.
Crazy... I still cant believe it.

Maybe itll setlle in when i see the Lakers play the Spurs without Kobe.
Right now, it just doesnt feel real.

So many acl injuries in the last few seasons. Very sad and disappointing. Hopefully Kobe makes a full recovery

I know, right? I was just thinking about that, actually.

I can't think of the last guy before Derrick Rose/Ricky Rubio to tear an ACL in an NBA game...I know there have been a few after them, but I really can't think of anyone else who suffered the same injury in the pros....

What a sad day with the news coming out from LA, I know he'll be back at least I hope, ummm but if not thanks for all the Great Memories Kobe :pimp:

I can't think of the last guy before Derrick Rose/Ricky Rubio to tear an ACL in an NBA game...I know there have been a few after them, but I really can't think of anyone else who suffered the same injury in the pros....

Going back a while, Danny Manning and Ron Harper both tore ACLs while playing in the NBA. Can't really think of anyone between them and the batch of players who did it last season.

Going back a while, Danny Manning and Ron Harper both tore ACLs while playing in the NBA. Can't really think of anyone between them and the batch of players who did it last season.
Iman Shumpert and then Baron Davis in the same series. :smh:

Iman Shumpert and then Baron Davis in the same series. :smh:

Good looks on that info, guys...

For whatever the reason, I always equated ACL tears with football. Obviously they happen in b-ball, but in the whole spectrum of injuries, they are off my radar.

Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Al Jefferson, David West, Jamal Crawford, Al Harrington, Corey Brewer, Bonzi Wells.

Last edited:
I'm seeing people say dantoni has no blame whatsoever because there's no way Kobe would have let him take him out. And I remember ppl saying dantoni shouldn't have to motivate the Knicks players. That's not part of the job. On both teams, bad defense wasn't on MDA becaus the players need to hustle and give effort

So I'm just curious. What exactly is his job? What are his duties? How does he keep getting huge contracts? How does he escape criticism in major media markets

Also was this truly a RG3 shannahon type deal? I'm seeing lakers fans say the team trainer was going nuts and wanted him taken out because he already got hurt in the game. Anyone see that?

Last edited:
flatout if your hating on kobe your a loser ...this guy deserves all the respect in the world for everything he has done not just for the lakers organization but basketball period how can you hate on a man who carried his team year in and year out..dude is a pure winner if you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack

Can't wait for Kobe to return next year :smokin....miss dwight howard is going to have to step it up now

Oh boy, that's wayyyyyy too much pressure for someone like Dwight to handle.

Pau had a triple doube last night, dude has been unreal lately. He's undoubtably the leader for right now. Sucks for the Lakers tho, just when Pau started balling again.

Nash has to play next game.

But this wasn't the result of fatigue or overwork. It just happened.

Maybe if Kobe wasn't in the game it doesn't happen, but it was a freak injury.

Let go of the MDA hate, the Knicks are good, he's gone, it's just weird now. And what are you talking about? He's criticized all the time. Confirmation bias to the fullest...

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be back
I got Kobe playing at least until 40. Eventhough he really doesn't have a reason to. Hell he could retire a year or two and be back. Love for the game and fans will push him to keep playing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom