Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmies rustled for sure :lol:
Grow the **** up.

That line is getting real old.

Even dudes who are admitted Kobe haters, still would never wish this type of injury on him. Yet we have the usual suspects celebrating. Classless, no respect, just disgraceful on the human aspect of it.

:smh:

I'm upset too man. Dude was, is and always will be one of the greats, but I don't let the opinions of others, especially on an anonymous message board about sneakers get me down.

How do y'all deal with real life? Goodness

Foreal, what could have possibly happened to you for you to become such a lame *** despicable being? do you try to be funny to compensate for other areas of your life? do ppl like you in real life? i hope its just ur internet persona cuz if ur like this in reality i just feel bad for you

Avy check

All you Laker haters can rejoice, Kobe probably tore his achilles.
I know deep down that makes many of you happy.

Now you don't have to worry about "The Fix."

Good game Warrior fans, i say that whether we win or lose...everytime we play.

Goodnight.

Kobe is probably done for good. Torn Achillies is no joke.

Tears

not only is it antoni's fault but management aswell.

these losers could have got west and martin both able to spell minutes for kobe.

kobe only plays heavy minutes because the lakers are always in holes. west n martin could have helped alot

you got your wish though. kobe career is done.

you haters spend all of your life hating dude for no reason. you onetrust spending over a DECADE hating this man. why not just enjoy one of the greats of our time?

you all need to grow up forreals...
7419352926_798fc8d67c_o.gif

I also hope this injury doesn't hide the fact that the fix was in.

:lol: people really wanna blame Mike D'Antoni for injuring Kobe Bryant

Nobody wanna blame Kobe Bryant for injuring Kobe Bryant

This dude Quik1987 :smh:

Then he put on a dancing gif in the Lakers Haters thread :smh:

TBH, I'm literally the only non-laker fan in my family and I grew up in southern cal where majority are laker fans, and I still can't watch that clip of kobe's interview without feeling some pain for the guy. Even through countless years of rooting against the guy, i have to say he's the definition of a warrior, professional, and student of the game. I'm still not counting him out, and I don't think anyone else is either. For those that know me, they'd classify me as a "kobe hater", although he was never a favorite of mine, nor was he someone I genuinely liked, I'm hoping for a successful and speedy recovery. I'm sure the rest of NT would hate to see their favorite player going down while literally laying it all on the court. Sucks that it took something like this for me to realize Kobe's drive, hunger, and determination :smokin

Laker dudes, relax. There are going to be people happy Kobe is hurt, just the way it is, don't stress over it.

Kobe's legs were clearly telling him he had enough. The knee, the other legs foot, the cramping, his legs were done, and we stressed them out enough that the pressure gave in his achilles. Just one of those freak injuries.

It hurts for this year obviously, but if the surgery goes well, if the tear is clean enough, he can get back to work on it, and in a way, there will be some good from it. He'll have to rest more this summer than any year of his life. The rest of him will get to recoup a little bit.

After a while, he'll get to start working out again, and maybe within 8-9 months, he can come back. He could be back by Christmas, or maybe the All Star Break.

All that's over with now. Now the team has to regroup, get Nash back on the court, and try to figure out a way to make things happen without him. Dwight and Pau are in a good groove, maybe they can carry us the last 2 games and into the first round against OKC or the Spurs.

Season ain't over yet, just looks a bit darker is all.

I despise the Lakers and I've never been big on Kobe, but this is a sad day for basketball if this injury means the end of his career. I hope he recovers and suits up again one day.

Sad day for basketball fans but are some of yall really crying over this? Homoerotic dont ya think?

so you are basically calling them homosexuals in a sly way because they cry over an athlete?

you went over the line in your laker/kobe hate on that

you sound homophobic. let them cry if they want. dont act like you werent sad danillo went down.

I despise the Lakers and I've never been big on Kobe, but this is a sad day for basketball if this injury means the end of his career. I hope he recovers and suits up again one day.

Yeah feel the same way, not into Kobe at all but its a shame to see him go out like this. I bet Barkley is shouting "I told you so" he basically guaranteed he would get injured on TNT during the week. I guess its the wake up call he got to tell him hes not a young man any more - hell get a couple of seasons after this its like Dominique all over again.

Not surprised about quik in the slightest. He ain't even a human being to me.
Sad day for basketball fans but are some of yall really crying over this? Homoerotic dont ya think?
Ehhhhhh.

17 years...that's dudes' childhood all the way to now.

You can hate him or put him wherever on your top w/e list, but he's their MJ. And it's not a "time to rehab, he'll come back strong" thing. It's a...he was ready to call it a wrap next year, and maybe goodbye just got cut short. Or at the least, it's the end of greatness? No other NBA fans have had one player mean so much for the last decade, outside of maybe Cleveland.

And it's all the worse in at the 25th hour, when it's been tight all year long. :smh:

Mind you...last ten years, these dude's idea of tortured is 1st and 2nd round exits after hoarding rings. :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:

so you are basically calling them homosexuals in a sly way because they cry over an athlete?

you went over the line in your laker/kobe hate on that

you sound homophobic. let them cry if they want. dont act like you werent sad danillo went down.

Sad. Yeah cause I had high hopes for the offseason but what's done is done. Wish that brother the best on his recovery from a sports injury.
But crying, sick to your stomach that you can't go out, not talking to anyone else. It's odd to me. It has nothing to do with laker or kobe hate. If you read my Twitter feed I have nothing but compassion for the man and don't want to see a legend end his career on this note.
I just don't understand this celebrity worship love. But carry on some things aren't meant to be understood.

Not the biggest Kobe fan, but I completely respect his contributions to the game and his greatness. You NEVER want to see someone go out like that. I hope this isn't the end for him and he can walk away from the game on his own terms. Would have loved to see what this Lakers team in the playoffs despite their seeding. It's a shame.

*To the lames in here who are actually celebrating an injury, yall are pathetic.

This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??
I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that
was. Maybe this is how my book
ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.
One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.
"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.
I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.
Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.
Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.
Mamba Out

from kobe's fb

Kobe is the man, I feel like this isn't even real. Like this didn't happen.

BigJ said a couple pages back, the irony that it was Kobe's Achilles Tendon. So true, I was thinking the same thing. Kobe's been Achilles his whole career.

Kobe getting injured like this was bound to happen. Too much heavy lifting I guess.
Do the Lakers and their fans still want to make the playoffs is the real question.

Last edited:
Sure he'll be back but father time is not on his side. Hope he doesn't turn into a limited min reserve player.

Last edited:
Didn't want it to happen, but can't say i didn't see something like this happening. Kobe was burnt. Mike D gave him way too many minutes. Wasn't worth it just for the last playoff spot.

Wow just woke up to the news

Welp. Dantoni rode him into the ground like secretariat. It was bound to happen.

Seriously though he'll be back. I highly doubt this is the last we see of the kobester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom