Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you dont think a better bench would have had kobe play less minutes?

What's a better bench? All it takes is for one of those guys (in Kobe's view) to not do their job well, and guess what....Kobe is eating those minutes. You follow the team...you should know how competitive and cutthroat Kobe is.

Nate Robinson,
another player with that god awful 1 on 5 style of play.

on the surface, it looks good in the short term, its a horrible style for the long term. its no wonder how those with short vision cheer for a player like that on their team.

Nate Robinson
JR Smith
KOBE!
Westbrook
AI
Tmac

ugh, i dont see how yall do it.
Remove his name please

If you thought the lakers get a lot preferential treatment just watch the Heat. Now that is what you call royalty red carpet treatment lol.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if refs show their heat jersey through out the playoff and finals. Its practically 8 on 5 every time they play.

Other teams should put that in their scouting report.

The Lakers just played a game where they tripled the FT attempts of the Warriors.

Now do LeBron, DWade and the Heat get favorable calls at times, of course. So does KD, Kobe and most superstars.

The fact that Kobe/Lakers fans analyze every second of every Heat game and cry bloody murder when their team has been the beneficiary of favorable calls for years is comical to me.
Truth.
I live in LA and sometimes it feels like more people care about what the Heat/Lebron are doing and losing to instead of caring for the Lakers

If you thought the lakers get a lot preferential treatment just watch the Heat. Now that is what you call royalty red carpet treatment lol.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if refs show their heat jersey through out the playoff and finals. Its practically 8 on 5 every time they play.

The Lakers just played a game where they tripled the FT attempts of the Warriors.

Now do LeBron, DWade and the Heat get favorable calls at times, of course. So does KD, Kobe and most superstars.

The fact that Kobe/Lakers fans analyze every second of every Heat game and cry bloody murder when their team has been the beneficiary of favorable calls for years is comical to me.
Truth.
I live in LA and sometimes it feels like more people care about what the Heat/Lebron are doing and losing to instead of caring for the Lakers

Which makes no sense. Not even in the same conference :lol:

Those TMac's were uncomfortable. The hard shell toe part is made out of cement that will cut into your feets.

And if we're having this argument, the Thunder are by far the most ref babied team in the league. I wish I could find the objective stat, but the Thunder are #1 in FT% or whatever it's called and the difference between them and the #2 is the same as the difference between the #2 and the #23 team. We even get a better ft draw % than you in YOUR building.

This is true

Most of the games I watch with them, they don't even have to score a FG for 5 of the last 6 minutes because they are at the line so much

It was an honest question, I'd love to hear more of your take on this.

I apologize if it offended you in some way.

nah,
i just really did not want to turn this thread into yet another one of those topics again.

i seen Nate Robinson running around like a chicken with his head cutoff, and people in this thread applauding it, and i couldnt help but say something about that style.

to answer your initial question?

it takes balance.
a player needs to understand when to turn it on, and when to turn it off.

the ability to read defenses in an effort to use that style of play to your advantage by not using to get out of trouble when you've dribbled yourself into a corner, but to set up open teammates.

nah,
i just really did not want to turn this thread into yet another one of those topics again.

i seen Nate Robinson running around like a chicken with his head cutoff, and people in this thread applauding it, and i couldnt help but say something about that style.

it takes balance.

the ability to read defenses in an effort to use that style of play to your advantage by not using to get out of trouble when you've dribbled yourself into a corner, but to set up open teammates.
I gotcha, it takes a basketball IQ and a brain to figure out how to turn off that mano-y-mano tunnel vision.... which a lot of players lack

nah,

it takes balance.

Those guys made the NBA they know how to balance it way more than you do

what happened with Kenneth Faried?? 
nerd.gif

I gotcha, it takes a basketball IQ and a brain to figure out how to turn off that mano-y-mano tunnel vision.... which a lot of players lack

that i cant speak to.
i think many of those players have the basketball IQ, its just that that style of play can be intoxicating when its working.

being the guy scoring all the points is alot more attractive than being the guy that made the play happen. even when the guy making the plays happen is producing more points than the guy scoring all the points, go figure.

I called this a few days ago.

The Heat are on one side of the bracket now.

The next 4 best teams in the East (NYK, IND, CHI, BOS) are on the other.

The Heat are gonna skate to the ECF, and then only have to play 1 of those teams after they're done bleeding each other.

Is there a way to get a team shot chart for that game? Watching the game, it felt as if a majority of GSW point came from the perimeter whereas the lakers were attacking the paint.

So much for that Pacers being better than the Knicks talk.

Knicks got washed by 34 the last time they played.

Last edited:
Ryan Anderson just passed Glen Rice for 2nd in all time 3 pt makes in a season for the Hornets 
nthat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom