Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to mention rose is the main focal point of offense..and doesnt have another great player to defer to. He being rose is basically in the same position as prime iverson was, in those top defensive years in philly. Westbrook is in a position kinda like pippen was with mj. Not saying durant stiffles his growth...nor am i saying westbrook is equal to pippen. But what i am saying is he just like pippen took a backseat...and couldnt flourish completely so long as they played with their respective counterparts.. Same thing with harden. Harden of this year would never have been if he continued to play at okc. And the age old question of could he do it would always linger over his head. Once put in a position,  it is no question what he is capable of doing, and the type of player he can be. Whereas on okc...it was a belief, a i think he could. Plus he barring injury or trade never would have got that moment to flourish...due to having to play alongside of durant/westbrook.
allen iverson in his last 8 years in philly (so his 3rd year to his 10th year) averaged the following amount of shots per game:

99 - 22

00 - 24.8

01 - 25.5

02 - 27.8

03 - 23.7

04 - 23.4

05 - 24.2

06 - 25.3

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/366/allen-iverson

scottie pippen's last 7 years with the bulls:

92 - 16.6

93 - 16.4

94 - 17.8

95 - 16.7

96 - 15.8

97 - 16.7

98 - 16

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/663/scottie-pippen

westbrook's 5 years:

09 -13.4

10 - 14.1

11 - 17

12 - 19.2

13 - 18.7

the thunder as a team average 79.3 shots per game.. as i've said numerous times in this thread, i have bigger issues with the number of shots taken by both fisher and perkins

Last edited:
MVP = MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to your team

Not the best player in the NBA award. Without Lebron they'd still be a top 5 seed in the East.

Yes Melo should be MVP, without Melo we're a 30 win team at best. You can even throw Harden in there, but I wont give Harden credit until he plays at a high level against a great team.

thank you

And they have a 0% chance of winning a title without him, with him they won 66 games and are favorites to repeat. He holds every bit the same amount of 'value' as anyone else, it's just on a much different scale.

Last edited:
Man i hate (more like dislike) the fact that Lebron and the Heat had such amazing year.

Not the best player in the NBA award. Without Lebron they'd still be a top 5 seed in the East.

Yes Melo should be MVP, without Melo we're a 30 win team at best. You can even throw Harden in there, but I wont give Harden credit until he plays at a high level against a great team.

Kobe holds more value to the Lakers then Melo does to the Knicks

and until Melo plays defense and has a all around game he wont win MVP

Last edited:
Kobe holds more value to the Lakers then Melo does to the Knicks

and until Melo plays defense and has a all around game he wont win MVP

I don't agree Melo should win MVP but he is a candidate.

But what exactly is a more all around game? Kobe shoots 2 more shots per game than he does with Dwight, Pau, and Nash on his team.

I don't agree Melo should win MVP but he is a candidate.

But what exactly is a more all around game? Kobe shoots 2 more shots per game than he does with Dwight, Pau, and Nash on his team.

But we are looking at exactly what the Lakers can do without Kobe

The Knicks would be fine with out Melo

Jr would take a bit of that role

Melo shouldnt be MVP period

Last edited:
But we are looking at exactly what the Lakers can do without Kobe

The Knicks would be fine with out Melo

Jr would take a bit of that role

Melo shouldnt be MVP period

Knicks would be fine without Melo? :lol:

Only person that can create his own shot is JR and he is very inconsistent. Knicks would be GOD awful without Melo, they need him to shoot and carry the load.

Lakers without Kobe will play team basketball and lose in the playoffs because they don't have a closer.

Lmao at the Knicks being fine without Melo. Change the award from "Most Valuable Player" to "Most Outstanding Player" cause that's what the award is every year .

Lmao at the Knicks being fine without Melo. Change the award from "Most Valuable Player" to "Most Outstanding Player" cause that's what the award is every year .
LMAO at Melo ever being a good enough team player to win MVP.  Gotta make your teammates better to be most valuable.

Man i hate (more like dislike) the fact that Lebron and the Heat had such amazing year.

um then what about mj...cause without him the bulls were a top seed...hell in one year they were a bad call...and a miss call away from being in the finals. So based off what you said mj shouldnt have been mvp multiple times. Hell to be honest alot of the years there were players who meant more to their team then mj... Where is the mj doesnt deserve all his mvp awards at?

LMAO at Melo ever being a good enough team player to win MVP.  Gotta make your teammates better to be most valuable.

What makes you say that?

If the Knicks had a Better record than Miami, he would have won this year

Then again the meaning of the award seems to keep changing so lebron can get it. I have no idea why he got it last year. This year at least he has the best record in the NBA

That whole team player stuff makes no sense. Nash shouldn't have 2 MVP's

Last edited:
What makes you say that?

If the Knicks had a Bette record than Miami, he would have won this year

Then again he meaning of the award seems to keep changing so lebron can get it. I have no idea why he got it last year. This year at least he has the best record in the NBA
Because as good as he is his style of play doesn't make his teammates better.  It's that simple really.  And even when he's playing at his best he does things like pass the ball 3 times out of 26 touches in a half.  

Because as good as he is his style of play doesn't make his teammates better.  It's that simple really.  And even when he's playing at his best he does things like pass the ball 3 times out of 26 touches in a half.  

I don't think it's as relevant in the voters mind as you think it is. Karl malone didn't exactly make everybody around him better but he was the one winning MVP when the jazz had a better record

I don't think it's as relevant in the voters mind as you think it is. Karl malone didn't exactly make everybody around him better but he was the one winning MVP when the jazz had a better record
That's true I suppose.  It should be though, and giving Karl Malone MVP is widely seen as a mistake in retrospect.  I think KD would have gotten and deserved MVP if LeBron fell into a hole into Looney Tunes land midseason.

:lol: @ the convo last page.

Name me 1 team that wouldn't be better with CP3 at the 1? PLEASE NAME ME 1!

NT in the 90s

"Clyde Drexler is overrated. Man Clyde Drexler isn't going to win Houston anything. Put MJ on that Rockets team and then they're competitors."

Last edited:
And they have a 0% chance of winning a title without him, with him they won 66 games and are favorites to repeat. He holds every bit the same amount of 'value' as anyone else, it's just on a much different scale.

A team with wade and bosh has zero percent chance of winning a championship?

Zero?

The team would have a chance.....until they face whatever team Lebron is on 
laugh.gif
Well I think we're talking about the hypothetical/actually inevitable situation where LeBron gets busted for steroid abuse and suspended from the league 

Edit: Bosh is still way better than people think!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom