Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Johnson! Lol.

And people down Melo a lot but the Knicks need that sort of offensive production from him. From what I seen, he plays within the flow of the game for the most part.

This guy 100027 is a funny guy.

What All-Stars did Melo have in Denver? Besides JR, who else on the Knicks can make a play for themselves?

:smh: ignorance at it's worst.

Thats a tough dude. I respect that. But hes gotta look out for his long term. He dont want to **** that up more than he already has. Have the Bulls said if he definitely needs surgery after the season? Or will the PF just heal with rest once the season is done. 

Melo is playing a lot better this year though.
indeed he is...and if he plays how he has as of late...and lose to the heat...its commendable and understandable. If he goes out and says hell im going back to melo of last years...and lose then thats a different story. And its not like he isnt a great/superstar caliber player...or have the makings of one. Its just you cant take a single season of greatness...and pretty much negate all the other years.

1 arguable 2 great superstar seasons out of 9 isnt oh your a superstar... If mj played like 91/92 mj and that was it...i dont think ppl would be saying goat... kobe didnt just give us a season or 2 he gave and still untill injury gave us great/superstar caliber seasons. Regardless if they win/or he wins if he plays how he has played for the most part this season moving forward...he is a superstar. if not well a great allstar, prolific scorer like dominique, etc....

Bulls should have never said that he was cleared to play.
Thats true. But I dont think anyone could have predicted that he would sit out this much longer after he was cleared to play. A week or 2 sure. But hes been cleared to play for over a month now. Its time to get out there especially with guys like Noah who are legit hurt toughing it out and playing because its the Playoffs. 

But at the end of the day you gotta do whats best for you. And if he is honestly that scared then hes no use to the Bulls anyways. Still a bad look for Rose.

Noah making Rose look bad in Chicago with his heart playing through that plantar fasciitis.
rose is fine...im trippin the last few months dude has been playing full contact practices. I mean lets cut the b.s., he simply can play, aint no mental block...he just sees no point in playing trying to get implemented and adjusted to in game so late in the season, when realistically they have no shot at winning the chip.

Dude is like the money is guaranteed...shoot imma just lax on this one, and see wassup for next season.

While I'm a fan of instant reply in basketball, they absolutely have to make it quicker. That clear path foul took way too long to get figured out. And they should make the players stay on the court and unable to talk to their coaches because it can just become a free timeout.

Hire a ref and keep him glued to the monitor with a dozen different replays. Just get it done in 45 seconds.

i watched the latest streak melo had in scoring...and he did not do it in the flow of the game in many of those games. He often times didnt even let offense set before he said hell i see daylight....shoot it. And if you score 50... have little to no assist, played little to no defense. And didnt even put a quarter of the effort you put into forcing shots..on playing defense...that certainly isnt playing in the flow of the game...and is forcing the issue. (well not for melo cause that is his game)

Hell even melo on multiple times has said it himself, he needs to emphasize as much importance, on all aspecs of the game...mainly on the defensive end. So i guess even melo is wrong about melo, huh?

Mez One was right, you watch first take and other media outlets

Damn, does someone wanna tell me what else is on TV tonight. Its like the Knicks season thread in here with all the usual suspects. What the hell is everyone else watching. 

As for the game. This is the type of game Chicago wants. Grind it out and keep it in the 70s to low 80s. Dont know why they came out last game and tried to go basket for basket with the Nets. But they are back to playing how they play against the elite teams in the league. I still think the Bulls win this series. 

While I'm a fan of instant reply in basketball, they absolutely have to make it quicker. That clear path foul took way too long to get figured out. And they should make the players stay on the court and unable to talk to their coaches because it can just become a free timeout.

Hire a ref and keep him glued to the monitor with a dozen different replays. Just get it done in 45 seconds.

Hockey does it the best. It's perfect

Hockey does it the best. It's perfect
Dont watch much Hockey. But dont they have a dedicated replay guy? I would think that would just be the most common sense thing for these leagues to have. 

Mez One was right, you watch first take and other media outlets
please show me this long tenure of melo the great overall player....? Im just a first take watcher... Hes been in the legue what 9 years now... Id like to see these multitude of great hard play on both sides of the court...that you claim he has done over the course of his nba career. Like isaid for most part he has improved this season and mostly last season. but thats 2 count it 2 seasons...in a 9 year career. Like i said as of lately has he been bettter sure. But lets not get carried away. Lets see what he does moving forward before we say um this is who he has become. Or even worst who he always has been.

But i forgot this is the same board last year...who crowned lin a bonified star and once he becomes a starter is gauranteed allstar... Um so yea... lets not premature bust one on melo... lets see if he substain and grow as a player first before we take a single sample season and say this is who he is as a player.

Dont watch much Hockey. But dont they have a dedicated replay guy? I would think that would just be the most common sense thing for these leagues to have. 

The war room in toronto :smokin

even if you don't like hockey watch this it's just a 2 minute video. shows how they do it

the clear path foul makes sense. can't reward the defense when a turnover is going to lead to guaranteed points. i wouldn't care if it got taken out. But it makes perfect sense.

isnt that what a foul is for though? a last resort when u r unable to give a true defensive effort?  its not rewarding them but i dont see why they should be penalized extra.  fastbreaks are exciting plays, i think it was just implemented to make the game more exciting for the casual viewer.

Brook is cookin again. But you gotta live with that if hes gonna hit that shot. Id rather him fall in love with that rather than take it down low if im the Bulls

This is the DPOY :rofl:

I remember the one time I saw him play in HS, dude was shooting from halfcourt and straight dominating. He didn't even have to be in shape in HS :lol:

]bottom 3 in attendance the last 5 yrs
i remember hearing something about that in reference to some sort of racial tension etc... of some sort of racial aspect to it...by a local newsbeat, announcer for the pacers on a radio show...believe it was le betard.

When you're that tall and weight as much as three of your opponents, I wouldn't be in shape either.

I live in NYC and watch every knick game. Melo had an incredible season but he shouldn't win mvp, that award is all Lebron's. I would also put CP ahead of him & probably KD (not too sure about KD before him tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom