Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dude MDA called bryant a fan n now bryant is mad, lol! I guess I wasn't the only one annoyed by kabc shoving his stupid tweets down my throat when I chose to not follow the dude, smh. I know he lowkey wants them to not get far so ppl won't say they are better without him even though they are, lol.

I live in NY and watch MSG. I also know a million Knick fans and none of them are as ardently pro-Melo as the people on here.

I'm going to check out of this never ending debate now and let the results speak for themselves.

yeah....Knicks lose to Miami and you would say "I told you so"....when that Knicks roster only has a slim chance vs them.

Knicks could play their best basketball and could stilllose that series (assuming they make it that far).

You can tell who watches the games and who watches First Take...now Melo forces his way to get 50 now
laugh.gif

Those 40-50 point games where he shoots well over 60% while playing the PF position and grabbing double digit rebounds is certainly forcing the issue.

and nobody is on Lebrons level, wtf would you compare Melo to him.
i watched the latest streak melo had in scoring...and he did not do it in the flow of the game in many of those games. He often times didnt even let offense set before he said hell i see daylight....shoot it. And if you score 50... have little to no assist, played little to no defense. And didnt even put a quarter of the effort you put into forcing shots..on playing defense...that certainly isnt playing in the flow of the game...and is forcing the issue. (well not for melo cause that is his game)

Hell even melo on multiple times has said it himself, he needs to emphasize as much importance, on all aspecs of the game...mainly on the defensive end. So i guess even melo is wrong about melo, huh?

Last edited:
That would be because both coaches like to run a fast break centered offense. How many times do you see Melo running the break (my bad you dont watch Knicks games anyways you just look at stats). Ill give you a hint. Its fairly close to 0.

Boeheim and Woody both love him because they run a half court style offense. Its all relative. 
I was gonna say the last sentence about his college coach and coach woody, but there's no point in going back and forth.

I live in NY and watch MSG. I also know a million Knick fans and none of them are as ardently pro-Melo as the people on here.

I'm going to check out of this never ending debate now and let the results speak for themselves.
That's funny cause I don't but I've never seen as many people say he's not a superstar as in here. Regardless of the persons favorite team, whether there 18-50 nobody I've ever talked to has said he isn't one. But back to a relevant topic, do the Bulls bounce back tonight or they get beat again but in a much more competitive game?

Kenny: "I can live without Shaq, I'll be honest."  love the honesty 
laugh.gif

Shaq: "That's Dr. Shaq to you." Clearly offended, going to the personal accomplishments as usual

like said noah is the key...and as much as i dislike shaq commentary...he said it before the season...when its all said in done the key is lopez, and he will be the factor along with dwill being healthy. bulls possibly could make a series of things...but it wont be because of offense. if they cant play ball stop, lockdown defense...this series reaches 5 games max.

By who's standard? Because people in here say hes not a superstar but legends of the game and his peers call him one....so who's perception of his skills have more weight? Players who have been on that level and know what he goes thru or those who sit on the couch with their laptops who play pickup ball at best. Regardless at the end of the day its all opinions and nobody is gonna change anybody elses their mind just off what they type.

I mean his last two coaches hated him.

Dantoni hates everyone that cant shoot a 3 or utilize the PnR
Who gives a **** about George Karl, seriously.

You can tell who watches the games and who watches First Take...now Melo forces his way to get 50 now :lol:

Those 40-50 point games where he shoots well over 60% while playing the PF position and grabbing double digit rebounds is certainly forcing the issue.

and nobody is on Lebrons level, wtf would you compare Melo to him.

No one ever argued that he's a leader or makes his teammates better.

I'm a Knick fan before a Melo fan, but you have to simply be blind if you dont give him credit now.

People stay hating on the chucking, no defense playing Melo. You cant deny the fact that he's finally moving away from that and is actually playing within the offense, playing defense, and is more motivated than ever. I cant hate on a player that actually wants to get rid of his flaws.

He's a dominant great scorer (probably the best in the game) whose decent/good at everything else, thats who he is.

The only opinions I care about are other great players who have played with him. So when Lebron, KD, Kobe say he's the toughest cover in the game, I believe them.

My favorite player ever is Kobe, his terrible shot selection and shots not within the offense got him 2 rings, so I believe Melo can do it too.

i swear those brooklyn uniforms...look like something outta the prison league... str8 up ymca and1 type jerseys.

Melo is playing a lot better this year though.
ESPN and Charles Barkley use the same talking points about him and the Knicks, so most aren't going to give the credit.

End of the day, Knicks are the two seed and contenders with Melo leading the way. Keep winning an the rest will work itself out.

Melo quit on the Nuggets several times during his tenure in Denver. With that said, just because he isn't on Lebron's level doesn't mean he isn't very talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom