Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe defense is overrated chill papi.

Like I wrote before McGrady prime was when the NBA seen it's best defense off all time. I believe he took the weakest cast into the playoffs and battle the Pistons to a 7 Game Series in 03.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html
exactly...if you notice kobe so call lockdown defense was often against the lesser of the teams great players...ala checking an aging steve smith against portland...a doug christie when playing against sactown, an aging sean elliot in san antonio etc...Folks act like he went out and shutdown hell even played tight defense when up against a team with a good/great offensive player at his position. When it came to guarding a great offensive player..he offten played off of them... play defense in spurts...played in a system that wasnt man to man...or in his later years let artest do the work.

Im not gonna say kobe defense is garbage...but lets not act like if they played a team like iuno philly...he didnt shy away from guarding iverson, and decided to play so called lockdown defense on a lesser offensive player like an aaron mckie.

Kobe has shutdown iverson, t-mac and damn near every marquee player he can physically matchup with since he's been in the league please don't make me post youtube videos and quotes from dudes he put on L's.

I have a theory that people hate kobe because they only see him play like 10 times a year. If you call yourself a bball fan and see him play at least 50 times a season there is no way anyone in their right mind can dismiss what he does.

Kobe has shutdown iverson, t-mac and damn near every marquee player he can physically matchup with since he's been in the league please don't make me post youtube videos and quotes from dudes he put on L's.

I have a theory that people hate kobe because they only see him play like 10 times a year. If you call yourself a bball fan and see him play at least 50 times a season there is no way anyone in their right mind can dismiss what he does.

I didn't say he was a bad defender, I said he is overrated ....... he doesn't bring da D every game to be on every All NBA Defensive Team every year. I can name 5 Perimeter Defenders better than Kobe since 03.

AT LEAST 50 times a season?!? LOL

Last edited:
Yea I agree he is overrated NOW but not in his prime. He didn't deserve his last 2 all defensive teams but that shows how good he is/was to be selected off of reputation and shutting down a handful of guys a year. Not to mention what he did to kyrie and brandon jennings THIS season

Kobe Bryant has never shut down the likes of T-Mac, Vince, or AI in their primes. This isn't even revisionist history, this is one of those clear cases of the same ppl drinking the kool-aid then regurgitating it now. Kobe was never ever shutting down T-Mac.

Lies upon lies.

Last edited:
Kobe got 12 ALL NBA DEFENSIVE Team, if someone who doesn't watch basketball, but instead looks strictly at the accolades, they are going to think Kobe Bryant is the greatest perimeter defender this game ever got. SMH, he was good defender back when Shaq was a Laker, but he wasn't as good and definitely doesn't deserve the awards he has been given.

CLIFF:

HE WAS NO GAME CHANGER ON DEFENSE WHEN SHAQ LEFT!!!

Last edited:
Lin is basically nothing a a body out there to give guys a rest. He may as well just start fouling and trying to take charges like a "scrappy energy player"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom