Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lin is basically nothing a a body out there to give guys a rest. He may as well just start fouling and trying to take charges like a "scrappy energy player"
it's more Lin jerseys in here than anybody else. That's what he's good for, leave the basketball to the rest of the guys with actual talent

Last edited:
Chandler Parsons. Potential star in the making. 
pimp.gif

H Town my second home like i'm James Harden :pimp: :pimp:

Rockets so much better without Lin on the floor :lol:

And Kobe ain't stop Ai, Vc, TMac, etc. stop that. Kobe was really good defensively because his back line consisted of Shaq if we're being honest.

Kobe has shutdown iverson, t-mac and damn near every marquee player he can physically matchup with since he's been in the league please don't make me post youtube videos and quotes from dudes he put on L's.

I have a theory that people hate kobe because they only see him play like 10 times a year. If you call yourself a bball fan and see him play at least 50 times a season there is no way anyone in their right mind can dismiss what he does.
kobe has stopped great players in spurts... and has held his own against some great offensive players...but shutdown lol lettuce be serious. Plus often times he played off players due to the fact he had the luxury of having a big man like shaq behind him. Lets not act like kobe was getting his prime gary payton on...Am i saying this dude is steve nash on defense nooooooooooooooo. But just like im sure someone else will or probably will mention...his better defensive years he had the fortune of having shaq. Same as all of a sudden iverson was so great defender and steal leader when he had a prime ratliff and mutombo...

Kobe Bryant has never shut down the likes of T-Mac, Vince, or AI in their primes. This isn't even revisionist history, this is one of those clear cases of the same ppl drinking the kool-aid then regurgitating it now. Kobe was never ever shutting down T-Mac.

Lies upon lies.

What is your definition of shut down? if your definition of shut down mean a guy can't score above 15 pts when being guarded by x player then i don't think that's the case for Kobe.

But Kobe 99-08 was a great one on one defender on good scorer of the game like Tmac, Ai, VC, Ray, etc in their prime. He limited them from having their typical 30, 35 points game for many match ups. Just youtube and watch the highlight of Ai vs Kobe, vs Tmac, VC, Ray Allen etc.

Last edited:
This is exactly why they need Westbrook. Durant can't find his shot and no one else can manufacture some buckets. No way can this team make it all the way to the finals.

Kobe has shutdown iverson, t-mac and damn near every marquee player he can physically matchup with since he's been in the league please don't make me post youtube videos and quotes from dudes he put on L's.

I have a theory that people hate kobe because they only see him play like 10 times a year. If you call yourself a bball fan and see him play at least 50 times a season there is no way anyone in their right mind can dismiss what he does.

Please do because everyone don't hear me when I say kobe is good.

I didn't say he was a bad defender, I said he is overrated ....... he doesn't bring da D every game to be on every All NBA Defensive Team every year. I can name 5 Perimeter Defenders better than Kobe since 03.
Could u name those five ill give u one iggy but what do they do better then kobe on offense?

H Town my second home like i'm James Harden
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rockets so much better without Lin on the floor
laugh.gif

And Kobe ain't stop Ai, Vc, TMac, etc. stop that. Kobe was really good defensively because his back line consisted of Shaq if we're being honest.
Because Shaq was known for his formidable defense in the paint....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom