Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think eventually there will be a re-definition on positions in the NBA.

Because right now...the 3-5 positions are as interchangeable as they've ever been.

Do we keep referring to Lebron, Melo as small forwards if they continue to start at the 4 for their forseeable futures? 

Do we just keep calling Tim Duncan a PF even tho he's been at the 5 for a while now?

Last edited:
[h1]During 2011 playoffs, Phil Jackson told Lakers he had prostate cancer[/h1]Kurt Helin
Apr 28, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT

The last time the Lakers were swept out of the playoffs (as could happen Sunday as the Lakers trail the Spurs 3-0) it was 2011, when the Lakers were the title defenders. The Dallas Mavericks made short work of Los Angeles in the second round (and went on to win a title). After that loss, Phil Jackson walked away from the Lakers as coach.

Trying to motivate his team during that playoffs Phil Jackson told the players he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

That was not made public at the time but is part of Jackson’s book “reported now by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.

Jackson was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March 2011. After doctors assured him the cancer could be controlled by drugs temporarily, Jackson waited until after the season to undergo surgery.

Jackson decided to divulge his situation to his players when he sensed the team was lacking something in the playoffs.

“Shocking,” Pau Gasol said Saturday, remembering Jackson’s disclosure to the team. “But then you also could understand certain moments of his demeanor, energy and involvement because of what he was going through health-wise. It explained certain things. It was a shock. A difficult moment for the team.”
The revalaton may not have had the impact Jackson desired on his team — if you remember that series against Dallas the Lakers faded and got worse as it went on. The Lakers were overmatched that playoff run (they needed Andrew Bynum and didn’t have him, Kobe Bryant’s knee was gimpy) but that team just came apart and wasn’t disciplined at the end.

That revalation also explains part of why Jackson was ready to move on from the team at that point. There were certainly other factors involved, but he needed time to recover and recuperate.

That time off to get healthy (he had surgery but we don’t have a formal update on his status) would explain why he is ready to return to the game now — he feels like his old self. Not that he wants to coach, but a few teams are interested in him possibly taking on a team president kind of role.
Link

Whoa.

Last edited:
I mean, I don't live there :lol: I was just saying. I hear you about Columbus but Ohio's economy is crap, so I doubt from a disposable income standpoint it'd be a good move.

I'm no economist tho, just expressing my opinion :lol:

Ohio's economy is crap though? Lulz.

4th in the nation in producing jobs behind Texas, California and NY, sir.

:wow:

And he still wants to coach again... Nothing but the utmost respect to the Zen Master

:lol: Bruh I get it, you're from Ohio. Y'all unemployment is still high and it's somewhere nobody wants to go. The NBA ain't about to put 2 teams in Ohio when there's a number of other markets they can expand to. It's not logical.

laugh.gif
Bruh I get it, you're from Ohio. Y'all unemployment is still high and it's somewhere nobody wants to go. The NBA ain't about to put 2 teams in Ohio when there's a number of other markets they can expand to. It's not logical.
Someone post the Cleveland songs!!!!!

*says the guy from Sacramento 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

:lol: Bruh I get it, you're from Ohio. Y'all unemployment is still high and it's somewhere nobody wants to go. The NBA ain't about to put 2 teams in Ohio when there's a number of other markets they can expand to. It's not logical.

Having 2 NFL teams states otherwise....:wink:

JJ's....in the nicest way putting it fam - it's none of your business.

Last edited:
I would give Bogut legit top 10 center status now he's healthy and playing well:

Marc Gasol
Dwight Howard
Brook Lopez
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah

Tim Duncan
Demarcus Cousins
Roy Hibbert
Andrew Bogut
Larry Sanders
Nah I'm taking out Bogut for Al Horford...Hibbert isn't in my top 10 either--replace him with Nikola Pekovic.  

..Greg Monroe and Nikola Vucevic also both have the talent and deserve to be mentioned among this group

Having 2 NFL teams states otherwise....:wink:

JJ's....in the nicest way putting it fam - it's none of your business.

Football is bigger than the NBA in the midwest, everybody knows that.

But for the record they were 18th and 24th in attendance in 2012 and 18th and 32nd in attendance the year before. So obviously there probably shouldn't be 2 teams in Ohio.

Kevin Durant felt strange playing without injured All-Star Russell Westbrook for the first time in Game 3 against the Houston Rockets.

He did, however, enjoy handling the ball more in the point guard's absence.

Durant's 41 points helped the Thunder to the win on Saturday night. A victory on Monday would complete the four-game sweep and send them to the second round of the playoffs.

He broke into a huge grin when asked how it felt to run the offense without Westbrook, who had season-ending knee surgery Saturday.

"I tell you, it's fun," he said. "I feel like I'm playing street ball again, just having the ball in my hands all the time and initiating the offense."
laugh.gif
 That comment is going to picked apart by some people.

Yall need to realize.... the Maloofs weren't ever going to move the Kings to VA Beach 
laugh.gif

they were using that as a negotiation tool on Seattle while the team 'wasn't for sale' and were dealing in the dark.

Literally, the day after VA Beach denounced the Maloofs, the sale to Seattle was leaked.... coincidence? I think not.

injuries have paved the way for miami this year, out of the west only the spurs i feel have a shot

in the east chicago will put up a fight but i dont think they can beat them if they arent 100%. bulls gotta handle business tonight. i think NY stands no chance against miami.

[h1]Sheridan: Dwight’s Future, Impact of Injuries, Who Can Come Back from 3-1?[/h1]
Leave a comment

5ebaae9006d36bfe4af3897f8df57e89.jpg

I have been sounding like a broken record talking about Prop 30, the so-called millionaire’s tax, that was adopted by voters last fall in California and levies a 10 percent surcharge on the state’s highest earners. This tax negates whatever financial advantage the Lakers would have in being able to offer larger annual raises to Howard to convince him to stay in Los Angeles.

Also, the Lakers can offer Howard a fifth-year. But you can bet your bottom dollar that the fifth year will be a player option — and that means we will be talking about Dwight’s future four years from now — no matter where he signs. (Players almost automatically opt out of their final year when there is a new max contract available to him, which we should suppose will be the case with Dwight in 2017.)

Dwight’s future, the rash of injuries and my pick for the only team with a chance to come back from its 3-1 deficit are all topics in this video with CineSport’s Noah Coslov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom