Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Durant tonight, I saw something.

He plays the perfect superstar game...to a fault. He never forces the issue, which is why he only has 16 shots. If it isn't a clear shot or something he can quickly manufacture, he gets off the rock, a little too quickly, especially for a player of his talent and especially considering westbrook isn't there. (But he routinely does this)

Also, a predominant theme in his early career thus far resurfaced. His inability to hold is position. Delfino, Garcia, were able to push him out of his set up zone, making him have to pass the ball because he was too far from the basket.

All in all, Durant is a phenomenal talent. How else do you explain 38 on missing four shots? A game after you score 41 points? However, these are themes that to me have been the only blemishes on his career. 16 shots won't cut it. You won't get far in the playoffs with your star guy shooting 16 shots. The greats throw efficiency out the window especially come playoff time. Go after it. Not saying chuck every time you touch the ball, but he has to be more assertive.

This might be the first time I agree with something you've said LOL.

:lol: Reggie Jackson is gonna kill himself if he ever watches that film.

Serge was wide open
If its any consolation, Westbrook wouldn't have seen Ibaka either and the play would have ended exactly the same 
laugh.gif

Russ would have gotten the call or made the shot

Are we going to ignore that KD went to the line 15 times or we just gonna keep looking at the 16 FGAs?

Last edited:
on an un-basketball related note, the NBA should be making a recommendation on whether to keep the Kings in Sacramaneto or 'bring back the Sonics' by moving the Thunder back to Seattle by way of relocating the Kings because Sacramento has failed to deliver a viable arena plan and as a market.

why it taking so long?

if the leave i think you should be a raptors fan...
I'll probably just leave NT and not care about basketball anymore

this might be my last post 
embarassed.gif

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Hey_

Hey_
False.

Secondly, the talent on the roster win in largely in spite of Scott Brooks deficiencies.

In the post you originally quoted tonight, I was talkin' about a lack of intensity and urgency,

that's on the players.

You damn well better contest, execute, and defend like you want to win.

Julius F. Wrek

my ipad was acting up.

I was trying to quote your quote about Scott Brook, not the quote about the player intensity.

Scott Brook still get no credit in Ws but only blame for Ls

Bruh. I'll say it again.

Brooks is a right time, right place coach.

Thunder win largely because of the talent on the roster.

The coach, more often than not, makes games unnecessarily harder by sticking with lineups and rotations that don't put them in a place to win.

Had I the power, I'd gladly send him to LA so you can appreciate him.

Julius F. Wrek

Are we going to ignore that KD went to the line 15 times or we just gonna keep looking at the 16 FGAs?

The 16 free throws are great. But I think 16 free throws should equate to 50 for someone of his talent and capabilities. He gets off the ball too quickly and he allows people to defend him and just push him toward the halfcourt line, all of which attributes to his lack of aggression at certain points in the game. When he is aggressive the results are obvious, he makes almost everything he throws up :lol:

Pacers ain't going nowhere how are you supposed to be a contender and you can't win on the road

Last edited:
I understand but come on Scott Brook get absolutely no credit whatsoever whenever Thunder win.

Yeah because its rarely from his great coaching :lol: you could insert any coach...not named D'Antoni , and OKC would be the same.

Its been 4 years and he still hasn't been able to coach Russell Jimmies into NOT taking 1 on 4 fast breaks. Or realizing if the opposing team doesn't have a Andrew Bynum type big man Perkins has no business on the court.

I don't see anything that he does that warrants him getting a lot of credit as a coach.

That tension on the Inside the NBA set right now though :lol: Kenny and Charles throwing shots at each other left and right :lol:

You could tell Kenny was hurt. "Let's keep it real. You weren't a shaq, you wasn't a Hakeem, you wasn't one of those guys" and was dead serious about it :lol:

Aw man I wasn't paying attention. What happend? Lol. Chuck started raggin on Kenny or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom