Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
delfinodunk_medium.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That exchange between Kenny & Charles :lol:

Ibaka :x

Last edited:
Welp...about time to wave goodbye to Chris Broussard's goofy ***.

Apparently dude went on a rant about how homosexuality, pre-marital sex, adultery, etc is a "open rebellion against God" saying he wouldn't call anybody who participates in those activities a Christian.

Last edited:
He just eliminated 99% of athletes as christians and half of the USA if he wants to bring up adultery.

I can understand having your own opinion about things like this, but I can't comprehend why he would make a public statement like that knowing what the repercussions would be given it's such a controversial topic.

chuck hit him with that unintentional  ether which is worse than straight up dissing him. i felt bad for kenny when they started showing highlights 
frown.gif

He just eliminated 99% of athletes as christians and half of the USA if he wants to bring up adultery.

Forget adultery, he said pre-marital sex :lol: He probably eliminated himself as a christian.

People need to stick to what they know. You report on NBA trade gossip, not talking about religion and what makes you a true "christian". Nobody asked nor cared about his opinion on that.

Last edited:
Real stuff, shaq is real smooth with the dance moves, especially for a big man. I wonder if there's a correlation with dancing and being able to execute nice post moves.
That makes dream usher and dwight a teenage white girl

Pacers attendance is almost as bad as the Hawks tho...and that IS a basketball city. 

Should they move the Pacers?
They have been bottom 5 the last 5 or so years despite being a playoff team and having all stars. My answer would be yes. Last yr they only bought in just over 14,000 fans a night to just being barely ovrer 15 this yrt. http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Last edited:
I can understand having your own opinion about things like this, but I can't comprehend why he would make a public statement like that knowing what the repercussions would be given it's such a controversial topic.
Exactly. If you watched it, it sounds a lot worse in quotes than how it came out. But it's still a very opinionated, unsympathetic and unnecessary thing he said. His sources outdated.

people are too freakin sensitive. cant people disagree respectfully???

ive heard and read a lot worse things said about people thats accepted in the media than broussards comments ...and it won't cause any outrage.

pus arent his quotes from a while ago and no one bought hem up before. and i cant even stand broussard.

Hey_
No Westbrook and this team becomes the Grizzlies. Yeah they're good, but we all know how the story ends
Far too gracious.

...I'd love to see the national media start callin' out Brooks' ineptitude.

Julius F. Wrek
I want to blame Sam Presti before I blame Scott Brooks. Unless I'm mistaken if they didnt resign Ibaka they could have kept Harden and that was mistake 1-100 for this team.
No Westbrook and this team becomes the Grizzlies. Yeah they're good, but we all know how the story ends
These last two games really made me take a hard look at this roster and what its capable of. I was never a fan of it from the beginning, the production drop off from Durant and Westbrook to the rest of them isnt good enough. I'm not an Ibaka fan by any means and everything bad that can be said about Kevin Martin DatZNasty has said 1000 times. Theyre going to get WASHED by either the Clippers or the Grizzlies.
Forget adultery, he said pre-marital sex
laugh.gif
He probably eliminated himself as a christian.

People need to stick to what they know. You report on NBA trade gossip, not talking about religion and what makes you a true "christian". Nobody asked nor cared about his opinion on that.
Man he got rid of everyone not name Ned Flanders or The Pope when he said "living in unrepentent sin" Dude was just talking to talk. On the highest of horses

people are too freakin sensitive. cant people disagree respectfully???

ive heard and read a lot worse things said about people thats accepted in the media than broussards comments ...and it won't cause any outrage.

pus arent his quotes from a while ago and no one bought hem up before. and i cant even stand broussard.

No his comments were from yesterday in regards to Collins.

It's not about people being sensitive, it's about him sounding like an idiot. Who is he to judge if somebody is a "christian" or not. You report on trade rumors dude, stick to your day job.

He basically said, "hey Jason Collins, you're living in unrepentent sin and you're not a real Christian" Then went on twitter and said "I still think Jason Collins is brave for what he did".

What!? :rofl:

Last edited:
It's about awareness. At the end of the day, this is sports journalism. It's not supposed to be partisan or denominational, and when you step out of bounds and push your own political or religious beliefs front and center...you gotta handle that with a level of sensitivity... And the timing of it? ...at a certain point it's just trolling. He decided to be the discerning voice on national TV right after it came out, without preparing his words better or being aware of the stage he was standing on, the audience he was speaking to, or what his persona to that audience means for his message.

But like I said...the quotes sound worse than what he actually said and how he said it..

It's just wrong place and wrong time for the wrong message from the wrong guy.

Last edited:
It ends in them beating the Spurs?
OH HOH HOHHHHH. I didnt mean that in a bad way, its not like The Spurs have won recently either.

The Hawks dont deserve to be moved, let them stay in their terrible state, with their terrible state, and continue to be terrible.

I find it ironic how James harden didn't score as much as normal last night and choked down the stretch but Houston still won.

ok i didn't know his comments were after collins came out...for his sake yes he should be much smarter than that. but if thats what he believes i think he's entitled to say it respectfully. even though i personally don't agree.

i just dont understand the point of broussard saying all of this..

after the uproar exploded about what he said.. i then went and looked up his blog post about john amaechi..

i should probably preface what i'm about to say, by saying i'm all for free speech.. and one's entitlement to their own opinion

but what i dont understand is, if he feels so strongly about these things.. why does he then continue to work and associate with the same people he feels so strongly against

Last edited:
The isolation is one of the least efficient plays in basketball. That's what bad coaching gets you. McHale won't tell harden anything.

As far as the Chris Broussard thing, I don't agree with what he says but I believe he had a right to say it. Doesn't Christianity also preach not to judge others? It feels like some Christians pick and choose what they feel like following as far as the bible goes.

People don't understand what free speech means

Free speech protects you from the government. It doesn't protect you from being disciplined by your employer. It doesn't protect you from being criticized for your opinions.It doesn't protect you from being ostracized.

maybe hes not clutch??? he choked in the finals and i think cost the thunder a legit shot at winning the title last year

I said that last year and a few days ago. Great player though but when the pressure kicks in and D ramps up he fades. It's hard to work on that heart and clutchness in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom