Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys, if you are coaching a team with Kobe, Dwight, Pau, and Nash, and you get off to a rocky start like this,

You don't think the coach deserves at least 10 games to try and get it to work? You don't think a team like this wouldn't be able to get things figured out? At least let nash get back on the floor man damn :lol:

The coach is not playing,

But changing the coach will change the dynamic in the team for sure. So yes it can make a difference.

You guys, if you are coaching a team with Kobe, Dwight, Pau, and Nash, and you get off to a rocky start like this,
You don't think the coach deserves at least 10 games to try and get it to work? You don't think a team like this wouldn't be able to get things figured out? At least let nash get back on the floor man damn :lol:

Let me ask you an honest question...do you think this firing is JUST because of the 5 games into this season?

damn i was hoping Mike Brown was gonna be coach until after they play the Warriors.. No worries we gonna win the game. :rolleyes

Last edited:
douche.gif

About four months ago, I said there's no way Mike Brown could mess this up.

Welp. :lol:

Word is there were a few players the Lakers could get on top of Nash Howard Meeks & Jamison that wanted to join the Lakers, and Brown scared them away... That was the first time players went to management about Brown.

You don't think the coach deserves at least 10 games to try and get it to work? You don't think a team like this wouldn't be able to get things figured out? At least let nash get back on the floor man damn
laugh.gif
Dude.... He sucked. Are you related to him or something?

Let me ask you an honest question...do you think this firing is JUST because of the 5 games into this season?

These guys are acting like we just hired him. :rolleyes We've had the same problems since last year.

That would be ******ed so no. I'm sure there was more to it than just these five games.

However, you didn't fire him until you gave him nash and dwight added to Kobe and pau and they got off to a 1 and 4 start. Obviously this is the main reasoning behind his firing.

Did they fire homie after last season? No.

Did they fire him after the preseason? No.

But you choose to fire him in this premature situation? That doesn't make sense to me. This is a totally new team. If they didn't have the additions of Nash and Dwight among others then I could see why you would fire him. But not in this situation. It's a new team with pieces that on paper don't even fit. That warrants some time to get things fixed.

Now you don't agree with that?

I'm going to guess you have not paid attention to anything I have typed. Or watched Brown coach. Or seen his rotations. Or seen the rest of Laker universe one by one switch sides the past 2 weeks as he got worse and worse.

Pau, 37 mpg
Kobe 37 mpg
Dwight 36 mpg
Ron 35 mpg

Pau is 32. Kobe has a bad foot, Dwight off back surgery, and Ron is also 32+

Yeah, he's going to start resting them.......when? It's NOVEMBER, and he's playing heavy minutes on injured vets with high mileage. In November. What will he do when the games actually matter? :lol:

Kobe played 38 minutes a night last year while he sat 3 different 22 year olds that could have at the very least wasted 5 extra minutes on the court just to keep Kob healthy and fresher. He doesn't know how to use a rotation. He went with EIGHT guys last year for like 2 months. He is a moron, and you are defending him, are you related? :lol:

Laker fans all over this board have sigs Team Fire Mike Brown. They are celebrating. And you think it's a bad move?

These guys are acting like we just hired him. :rolleyes We've had the same problems since last year.

You can't even bring last season into this. ITS NOT THE SAME TEAM. Anytime you bring in HALL OF FAME PIECES to your team it's going to be different.

It could be like the 07-08 celtics.

Or it could be like the start of the 10-11' Heat.

Damn this just seal it that BRON >>>> kome

He carried a mike brown coach team to the NBA Finals.

Wow.

I'm going to guess you have not paid attention to anything I have typed. Or watched Brown coach. Or seen his rotations. Or seen the rest of Laker universe one by one switch sides the past 2 weeks as he got worse and worse.
Pau, 37 mpg
Kobe 37 mpg
Dwight 36 mpg
Ron 35 mpg
Pau is 32. Kobe has a bad foot, Dwight off back surgery, and Ron is also 32+
Yeah, he's going to start resting them.......when? It's NOVEMBER, and he's playing heavy minutes on injured vets with high mileage. In November. What will he do when the games actually matter? :lol:
Kobe played 38 minutes a night last year while he sat 3 different 22 year olds that could have at the very least wasted 5 extra minutes on the court just to keep Kob healthy and fresher. He doesn't know how to use a rotation. He went with EIGHT guys last year for like 2 months. He is a moron, and you are defending him, are you related? :lol:
Laker fans all over this board have sigs Team Fire Mike Brown. They are celebrating. And you think it's a bad move?

I live in L.A. and have watched every game this year even though i'm not a fan. (No League Pass)

My point is that this is a new team with really big additions to it. You can't look at Brown's previous work simply because he didn't have all these new weapons at his disposal.

It's completely possible to think that a team with all these new pieces that are trying to mesh and healthy might stumble out the gate. And you cannot say that 5 games was enough time to properly assess this NEW team under Mike Brown. You didn't even give him a chance to flex.

You can't even bring last season into this. ITS NOT THE SAME TEAM. Anytime you bring in HALL OF FAME PIECES to your team it's going to be different.
It could be like the 07-08 celtics.
Or it could be like the start of the 10-11' Heat.

I see what you're saying, but it's extremely narrow minded with limited scope. Dwight and Nash joined the Lakers. A team that already had its culture in place, and with that, the morale was what it was. Nash and Dwight joined that. It's not like them coming aboard automatically set a restart button and everything started fresh as if Kobe, Metta, Pau, and Brown weren't already there last year.

When you can't coach, you can't coach. Kobe was disgruntled, there were rumblings within the organization, and things were boiling. The addition of new players doesn't change that.

Last edited:
The guy was supposed to instill defense into the team and couldn't do it. Yes, the roster is old(er) and the player expected to anchor the defense isn't 100%, but it was still Brown's job to at the very least put in a working defense. Nope.

On top of working defense, an ACTUAL rotation. He can't run a ROTATION guys. In the NBA, a head coach, can't run a rotation. Inexcusable.

The guy was supposed to instill defense into the team and couldn't do it. Yes, the roster is old(er) and the player expected to anchor the defense isn't 100%, but it was still Brown's job to at the very least put in a working defense. Nope.

Because he was the one who wasn't boxing out right?

He was the one who let DC and Damien Lillard destroy them right?

All these vets and champs on L.A., and you blame him for not playing Defense?

He's not going to leave.
How can you say that if this year turns out to be a disaster?

I do believe Phil is coming back tho. Things can absolutely change for the better - but if they don't ,why the hell will Dwight want to stay put? He never really wanted to be there in the first place.

I know you're a Laker fan but you have to look outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom