Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jerry sloan would be the best man to go with (if he cares to return to the nba, anyway)

don't know why anyone would seek d'antoni as candidate for this team

Now I can live in the Laker thread again. I was getting murdered in there the past couple weeks. :lol:

**** you Mike. I hope you replace Doc Rivers someday soon.

Sources: D'Antoni Discussed As Candidate For Lakers' Job
Nov 09, 2012 1:16 PM EST

Mike D'Antoni has been discussed by the Los Angeles Lakers as a potential replacement for Mike Brown, according to sources.

D'Antoni stepped down as head coach of the New York Knicks last spring.

D'Antoni is familiar with Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard due to his time as an assistant coach with the United States basketball team, while he coached Steve Nash for several seasons with the Phoenix Suns.

Ric Bucher reports that D'Antoni recently had knee surgery and will be off his feet for the next six weeks.

Last edited:
Now I can live in the Laker thread again. I was getting murdered in there the past couple weeks.
laugh.gif

**** you Mike. I hope you replace Doc Rivers someday soon.
laugh.gif

I'm sure it went beyond just the 1-4 start...

Agree. Lakers management must have convinced there were some fundamental problems that were not going to be corrected. I think they decided they need to go in a completely different direction and dumped Brown quick to that the new guy can have as much time as possible to put his system in place. Its going to be a challenge no matter what, but it would have been even harder for a replacement to make a difference if he game in after, say, 30 or 35 games, instead of just 5.

Sources: D'Antoni Discussed As Candidate For Lakers' Job
Nov 09, 2012 1:16 PM EST
Mike D'Antoni has been discussed by the Los Angeles Lakers as a potential replacement for Mike Brown, according to sources.
D'Antoni stepped down as head coach of the New York Knicks last spring.
D'Antoni is familiar with Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard due to his time as an assistant coach with the United States basketball team, while he coached Steve Nash for several seasons with the Phoenix Suns.
Ric Bucher reports that D'Antoni recently had knee surgery and will be off his feet for the next six weeks.

Highly doubt PJ comes back to coach this squad.
However, with Dwight, Kobe Nash and Pau that may be appealing to him.
Still doubt it though.
I know once phil hears this he's probably thinking "God d***it, here they come. Let me change my number" :lol:

I swear tis is happening now. Hes on the phone with his carrier as we speak.

Real wack character move on the Lakers park imo. But it's the NBA though. Such a pointless move. 

I don't think Sloan would be a good hire for the Lakers because Dwight is too much of a #*****% to play for him. I don't really see McMillian as a viable candidate either. If I had to bet on it, I'd put my money on D'Antoni.

A team that put Kobe, Pau, and Dwight on the floor at the same time couldn't win a game because of...Coaching? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom