Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doo/Spurs fans, what did Sean Elliott say about DMC that has him all riled up?

i dunno but that clown sean elliot is the absolute worst color commentator. Hes such a homer he really disrespects alot of opposing teams players. hes what steve urkel would be like if he was old... annoying, corny, and out of touch with reality...

He asked Spurs fans!! Are you a spurs fan now? :lol:

Lakers say they're 95% sure Phil Jackson will return as coach

The Lakers are moving quickly toward hiring Phil Jackson as their next coach, with one person in the organization calling it a "95%" chance he will return for a third tour with the team.

The Lakers plan on meeting with Jackson on Saturday morning to make sure he is interested in the job. The unknown 5% in their equation is the chance Jackson doesn't want to fill the vacancy created by the Friday firing of Mike Brown, either because of health reasons or other unknown issues.

The team realized a slew of things stemming from the 101-77 Lakers' victory Friday over Golden State, primarily that the players wanted Jackson and fans wanted him too, in case their second-half chants of his name weren't enough of a tipoff.

Ultimately, Lakers management wants Jackson too. It's just a matter of where Jackson stands right now. People who have spoken with him in recent weeks say he enjoys his life away from the game but is also intrigued by the Lakers' roster and the opportunity to return to the only franchise he has known since 1999.

Jackson left the Lakers after the 2010-11 season, and at least one prominent player said he wanted a chance at redemption on Jackson's behalf.

"The one thing that's kind of always bothered me is that in his last year I wasn't able to give him my normal self," Kobe Bryant said Friday night. "I was playing on one leg and that's kind of always eaten away at me. The last year of his career I wasn't able to give him all I had.

"He's too great of a coach to have it go out that way. That's my personal sentiment. I took it to heart because I couldn't give it everything I had because I physically couldn't. My knee was shot. That's always bothered me."

Bryant's right knee affected him toward the end of that season, which ended with the Lakers being swept by Dallas in the Western Conference semifinals. Bryant ended up undergoing a cutting-edge procedure on his knee in Germany later that summer.

Lakers center Dwight Howard said he would also be fine playing for Jackson.

"I think it would be great," Howard told The Times. "He's a guy I could learn a lot from. But until he comes, we have to put all of our faith into Bernie" Bickerstaff, the Lakers' interim coach.

Former New York Knicks Coach Mike D'Antoni is a candidate for the job if Jackson turns it down.

The Lakers (2-4) play Sacramento on Sunday at Staples Center.

Link

Last edited:
Man how many times does Phil come out of retirement :lol:

Dude should just hang it up for good since he already got the record for most championships.

oh boy, here we go.
laugh.gif

Doo/Spurs fans, what did Sean Elliott say about DMC that has him all riled up?
I forgot what play it was but cousin yelled out loud "im going to bust his ***" to Tim Duncan after TD got called for the foul.

Timmy D aka big fundamental aka GOAT aka best player post MJ era just smile and took over the game.

Sean, being one of the best commentator of the NBA, felt DMC shouldn't be throwing rocks at the throne.

23 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks, 3 steals, 75% FG and the W.

smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Man how many times does Phil come out of retirement
laugh.gif

Dude should just hang it up for good since he already got the record for most championships.
Phil was Brett Favre before Brett Favre.
laugh.gif

Eh...he's been playing with house money for a while now. Dude already passed Red Auerbach and is considered the GOAT...now he got Jimmy Buss w/ his tail between his legs about to fork up a ton of dough to lure him back.

Lakers win at any point w/ this new group...people will look at him as the savior (once again). They don't win, he's still Phil Jackson. He'll go back to his ranch in Montana smoking peyote and banging Jeanie Buss.
laugh.gif
He's good either way.

Lakers say they're 95% sure Phil Jackson will return as coach

The Lakers are moving quickly toward hiring Phil Jackson as their next coach, with one person in the organization calling it a "95%" chance he will return for a third tour with the team.

The Lakers plan on meeting with Jackson on Saturday morning to make sure he is interested in the job. The unknown 5% in their equation is the chance Jackson doesn't want to fill the vacancy created by the Friday firing of Mike Brown, either because of health reasons or other unknown issues.

The team realized a slew of things stemming from the 101-77 Lakers' victory Friday over Golden State, primarily that the players wanted Jackson and fans wanted him too, in case their second-half chants of his name weren't enough of a tipoff.

Ultimately, Lakers management wants Jackson too. It's just a matter of where Jackson stands right now. People who have spoken with him in recent weeks say he enjoys his life away from the game but is also intrigued by the Lakers' roster and the opportunity to return to the only franchise he has known since 1999.

Jackson left the Lakers after the 2010-11 season, and at least one prominent player said he wanted a chance at redemption on Jackson's behalf.

"The one thing that's kind of always bothered me is that in his last year I wasn't able to give him my normal self," Kobe Bryant said Friday night. "I was playing on one leg and that's kind of always eaten away at me. The last year of his career I wasn't able to give him all I had.

"He's too great of a coach to have it go out that way. That's my personal sentiment. I took it to heart because I couldn't give it everything I had because I physically couldn't. My knee was shot. That's always bothered me."

Bryant's right knee affected him toward the end of that season, which ended with the Lakers being swept by Dallas in the Western Conference semifinals. Bryant ended up undergoing a cutting-edge procedure on his knee in Germany later that summer.

Lakers center Dwight Howard said he would also be fine playing for Jackson.

"I think it would be great," Howard told The Times. "He's a guy I could learn a lot from. But until he comes, we have to put all of our faith into Bernie" Bickerstaff, the Lakers' interim coach.

Former New York Knicks Coach Mike D'Antoni is a candidate for the job if Jackson turns it down.

The Lakers (2-4) play Sacramento on Sunday at Staples Center.

Link

Don't see how Steve Nash can mesh in the triangle. The PG is like the most insignificant part of the Triangle.

However I wouldn't be surprised if Phil can make it work. PJ is a phenomenal coach man, the greatest i've ever seen that's for sure. He truly gets the most out of his players and puts them in positions where they can be most effective. Shooters get put in spots where they can shoot at, creators get put in spots where they create at, and scorers get put in positions to score at.

Truly an equal opportunity offense. Every pass is like another play. I'm all for Phil being back. Missed him on the sidelines.

Don't see how Steve Nash can mesh in the triangle. The PG is like the most insignificant part of the Triangle.

However I wouldn't be surprised if Phil can make it work. PJ is a phenomenal coach man, the greatest i've ever seen that's for sure. He truly gets the most out of his players and puts them in positions where they can be most effective. Shooters get put in spots where they can shoot at, creators get put in spots where they create at, and scorers get put in positions to score at.

Truly an equal opportunity offense. Every pass is like another play. I'm all for Phil being back. Missed him on the sidelines.

WIll nash be the greatest PG he's ever had? Just a thought...

kobe needs more help? smh.

nash was the worst signing for this team, set them back for the next 3 years...plays no defense and needs the ball in his hands at all times otherwise he's a non factor

WIll nash be the greatest PG he's ever had? Just a thought...

Without a doubt. But what does that have to do with him being able to fit in the triangle? PG's don't do anything but pass and spot up.

Now he may deviate from that because of Nash, but we don't know that right now. What we do know is that PG's aren't close to the focal point of the Triangle.

Ignorant statement :smh:
kobe needs more help? smh.
nash was the worst signing for this team, set them back for the next 3 years...plays no defense and needs the ball in his hands at all times otherwise he's a non factor

Not necessarily. While I definitely wouldn't say it was the worst signing for the team and that it's going to set them back 3 years, he does need the ball to be effective as well as Kobe. At the same time Dwight needs the ball to be effective too. Definitely could easily be seen as a potential problem once Nash is back fully healthy.

Just finished watching the Hawks vs. Heat game with T.I. commentating, he actually did pretty good. Better than that atrocity that he had with Larry King a few years back when he set black folks back 50 years, that was just plain ridiculous. I, wonder how much they briefed him before the game about what type of language that he could and could not use....

I liked the signing of Nash. I think the strategy here is a rotation to give your guy Kobe optimal rest so he's ready for the postseason. Nash is definitely a bonus in being the general at times when Kobe isn't on the floor so he can get the ball to Dwight, Pau, Jamison, which gets the most out of the squad at that time. He should almost be used as a 6th man. When Kobe comes back in, then it's back to the traditional Laker (Kobe) ball. It can work, if you have a coach that knows what to do with all the talent.

I am fortunate enough to have watched Bryant Reeves play when he was still in the NBA. Barely remember it though :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom