Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't compar a champion and one of the clutchest to OJ please

sick.gif
lol please stop with the overrating of Billiups "Clutchness". He made one big shot in the Finals, and the nickname sticks to him forever LOOB.

It would be a sad day if he makes it to the HOF. And Mayo game is very similar to Billiups. Billiups isn't even good at playing the point, he is a shoot first PG, and that was why I said OJ Mayo was similar to his style of play.
u would probably be even upset if I said OJ Mayo >> Derek Fisher

Last edited:
Oj> >>jr, monta, joe johnson

I dont get the oj slander, i know he didnt live up to the hype, his last 2 seasons in memphis were underachieving but dude is a more efficient shooter and better passer than those dudes

Here we go again with the OJ fever...
oh god, i'm not even saying he is good for godsakes!!!

i'm saying it would benefit him if he plays with a Two Guard like James Harden, because he wouldn't need to dominate the ball, and have people expect him to be a Derrick Rose.
if you don't agree

Oj> >>jr, monta, joe johnson

I dont get the oj slander, i know he didnt live up to the hype, his last 2 seasons in memphis were underachieving but dude is a more efficient shooter and better passer than those dudes
i would rather have JR, Monta, & JJ over OJ if they were receiving Mayo's (5 Million) contract.

Don't compar a champion and one of the clutchest to OJ please

:x
lol please stop with the overrating of Billiups "Clutchness". He made one big shot in the Finals, and the nickname sticks to him forever LOOB.

It would be a sad day if he makes it to the HOF. And Mayo game is very similar to Billiups. Billiups isn't even good at playing the point, he is a shoot first PG, and that was why I said OJ Mayo was similar to his style of play.

u would probably be even upset if I said OJ Mayo >> Derek Fisher

OJ mayo is better then Fisher but then again who isn't?

If you are expecting him to dish 10 assist a game, then I agree, but if you are expecting him to be productive, then this is your best option.
So your saying oj cant play off the ball and be productive? Hes one of the best spot up shooters

i would rather have JR, Monta, & JJ over OJ if they were receiving Mayo's (5 Million) contract.

Stop it, not sure if you watch jui mane play

So your saying oj cant play off the ball and be productive? Hes one of the best spot up shooters
Stop it, not sure if you watch jui mane play
That was at the start of the season, when NBA analyst actually thought he was a good second option to Dirk..you stop it. He went down hill after that, he isn't average as a spot up shooter, you are a damn fool if you think he is like Ray Allen coming off screens.

OJ Mayo game is limited at the SG position, because he isn't very good and isn't long, so he gets exposed easily, now if he was playing the PG for most games with a SG like a James Harden (ball dominate) he would benefit from such player because he isn't being guarded by bigger/longer players for most of the game.

You tell me why he played so damn bad?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3450/oj-mayo

Last edited:
I like OJ as a Billups 2.0(THAT CAN GET TO THE RIM BETTER) A team should use him like that. A SG with playmaking skills(Andre, Harden,) or even if he played in Chicago where Rose is a great play maker.

Can Miami afford OJ? We could let go of Mario and sign OJ.........

Last edited:
Idk if this is the place to ask but f it

Someone please recomend me a headband the sweat is starting to kill my eyes and its growing bothersome to wipe the sweat off

If you possible reccomend me a good double thick headband like lebron

a nba sweatband?

dont think they got anything techincal these days

sweatbands dont do jack for me, havent worn them in years. i only wore them because i had long hair. i sweat like a pig but it never gets in my eyes

Yes a nba headband preferrably but i'll wear any if its effective

The sweat eventually gets in my eyes and burns like hell might as well pour shampoo in my eyes

I hit my boiling point today as the sweat got in my eyes and while in pain i get blown by and let up a dunk... Smh

Yes a nba headband preferrably but i'll wear any if its effective

The sweat eventually gets in my eyes and burns like hell might as well pour shampoo in my eyes

I hit my boiling point today as the sweat got in my eyes and while in pain i get blown by and let up a dunk... Smh

With your stealth foams

I have no idea why OJ is so undervalued on this board.

He isn't a superstar but he's still a 16 - 18 ppg player capable of creating for himself and others. He tailed off a bit towards the end of the season and has struggled with confidence, but he's definitely a very capable 2 guard in the league who can go off for big nights.

He was very good for Dallas for large parts of the season and showed that he's a very good and willing playmaker. He isn't a star, but he is a starting wing in this league. As far as him playing point, he can play some point in stretches, but not fully. Someone said he could play point for a team like Houston which would be ideal. It would give Harden another creator in the backcourt and since Harden plays mostly one anyway, would give him another guy who can stroke it from deep. Could easily start in the backcourt with Harden.

Your getting an efficient creator for himself and others and someone who can stroke it from deep. Can play both guard positions. That's someone I would want on my squad.

That was at the start of the season, when NBA analyst actually thought he was a good second option to Dirk..you stop it. He went down hill after that, he isn't average as a spot up shooter, you are a damn fool if you think he is like Ray Allen coming off screens.

OJ Mayo game is limited at the SG position, because he isn't very good and isn't long, so he gets exposed easily, now if he was playing the PG for most games with a SG like a James Harden (ball dominate) he would benefit from such player because he isn't being guarded by bigger/longer players for most of the game.

You tell me why he played so damn bad?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3450/oj-mayo

Avg 15 and 4 shooting 45%,was he playing pg his first 2 years in memphis avg 17 and 18? smh what does jr, monta and joe johnson do better than oj mayo, but put up more shots

(Monta)Undersized 2 guard who needs 18+ shots to be effective

(Jr) terrible shot selection, and a bb iq thats worse

(JJ) 6'7 240 and a gps cant help him get to the basket/ freethrow line and hes a 100 million man

Dude OJ never played point, afyer the grizz got eliminated by the clips he contemplated playing point but decided against it

He averaged those numbers cause he had minutes and the greenlight

Not saying he isnt a good scorer cause he is

Avg 15 and 4 shooting 45%,was he playing pg his first 2 years in memphis avg 17 and 18? smh what does jr, monta and joe johnson do better than oj mayo, but put up more shots

(Monta)Undersized 2 guard who needs 18+ shots to be effective

(Jr) terrible shot selection, and a bb iq thats worse

(JJ) 6'7 240 and a gps cant help him get to the basket/ freethrow line and hes a 100 million man

And what he said too. Because OJ isn't a star, he's automatically written off. It's either end of the spectrum with him. If he isn't a star he's a bum when he's a very solid 2 guard in the NBA and is probably better than the Monta, Jr's, and JJ's of the world. A 15-18 ppg scorer who's More well rounded than those guys as well.

Who's watching the Combine btw? :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom