Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD didnt step up when it mattered? And you're telling him to stop it? :lol:

KD is suppose to be the closer, did he do that? Yeah he put up numbers, but if any other superstar didnt show up in the 4th like durant, what would they say?

Didnt step up when it mattered

^ its better they kept Serge they have enough ball handlers

Ibaka is more valuable to them than Harden was finding a player who can protect the rim like that is hard

Plus wasnt Ibaka on the first all nba team this year?

Ibaka is more valuable than harden because he can block shots? You silly

You obviously didnt read my previous post hes more valuable to their team cause their positional need

obviously all your looking at is who is getting buckets, instead of preventing them

You keep the (significantly) better player, not the positional need.

They could have kept Harden, played Collison more and added another post player and they would have been a better team.

You can't get that through folks thick *** head.

Collison IMO is their best defensive big anyway. You don't have to be a great shot blocker to be considered a good defensive big. They rely more on their offense than defense anyway, so why not keep the better overall player?

I would've gave Harden as much as I could, shipped Ibaka for pieces. Ibaka's shot blocking will not be the difference maker in them winning a title or not. Having a guy that can take the pressure off of Durant and Westbrook when needed will be the difference.

Why people not factoring in what they would have got for Ibaka in return? Why people are not factoring in that Collison is a good defensive big himself? Why people not factoring that OKC would have probably got a better offensive post player if they moved Ibaka? I'm sure they would have since they did find a replacement for Harden in Martin.

Then, I can't believe these OKC bloggers are taking up for Perk. I saw Mayberry tweet "The Thunder did make the Finals with Perkins". So? They made it in spite of Perkins being terrible, that doesn't mean he should stay. :lol: Just think if they had some at least average at the center position playing in his place? All these damn excuses about they did the right thing by moving Harden and keeping Ibaka, not amnestying Perk, thinking Brooks is still doing a good job, etc. Sooner or later, KD gonna get fed up with this **** and leave. Seem like DatZ the only OKC fan that's keeping it real. I haven't seen much from itsaboutthatime about this situation yet, but I'm sure he agrees with DatZ.

Last edited:
You obviously didnt read my previous post hes more valuable to their team cause their positional need

obviously all your looking at is who is getting buckets, instead of preventing them

Positional need foh, i can name many players who can replace ibaka jumpshooting ***

The way d wade is declining, harden, kd and russ wouldve took some rings and had the league on lock for years to come

KD is suppose to be the closer, did he do that? Yeah he put up numbers, but if any other superstar didnt show up in the 4th like durant, what would they say?

Didnt step up when it mattered

He stepped it up game 1, He sent it into OT one of those other games, they guy was carrying his whole team, there is no other way to say it, he was tired. Look at Steph Curry for an example. On the other hand, your boy bron bron didnt show up for a whole series, thats why he got 90% of the scrutiny that he got.

It will make us end up like Cleveland post LeBron, both on and off the court (with the whole downtown economic impact of an exciting, winning team vs not), but they ain't trying to hear me though. They just threatening to ban me from boards for keeping it too 100.
laugh.gif

How long is KD going to accept ownership trading talented players away and just telling, "sorry, small market" and now KEEPING Perkins and doing the same thing?

There's nothing "sustainable" (Presti's buzz word) about paying Perkins almost 19mil over the next 2 yrs and thinking you can hit a home run every draft, get guys to overplay their rookie scale contracts, then trade them to avoid paying them and get more picks and try to rinse and repeat.
he loves the attention

He stepped it up game 1, He sent it into OT one of those other games, they guy was carrying his whole team, there is no other way to say it, he was tired. Look at Steph Curry for an example. On the other hand, your boy bron bron didnt show up for a whole series, thats why he got 90% of the scrutiny that he got.

He was tired? thats your excuse, you right tho he was carrying his team, which he never experienced and never knew what a double team felt like, but his 4th qtr play was unacceptable and he didnt step up. Thats it

Steph was hurt, bad comparison

Positional need foh, i can name many players who can replace ibaka jumpshooting ***

The way d wade is declining, harden, kd and russ wouldve took some rings and had the league on lock for years to come
Please name many players that can replace Ibaka.

He was tired? thats your excuse, you right tho he was carrying his team, which he never experienced and never knew what a double team felt like, but his 4th qtr play was unacceptable and he didnt step up. Thats it

Steph was hurt, bad comparison

Double team? You mean triple team. They guarded durant through the first 3 quarters with 1 person, quite close to a "let him get his mentality" In the 4th quarter, everytime he drove, they shut down the lane with 2 more players and said, make the rest of the team beat us. And they sucked it up untill the very last minute of the last game.

San Antonio, Memphis, New York, Indiana.

All of those teams have shot-blocking big men that they rely on to anchor their defense. Unless you're the Miami Heat, you need that guy.

Hell yes, Ibaka is HUGELY valuable to OKC. They wouldn't be contenders with Harden instead of him, replacing a defensive anchor with another high volume scorer.

Please name many players that can replace Ibaka.

Larry Sanders, Javale, Derrick Favors, Ed Davis.
There are many young big men in/coming into the league that can give you help blocks & rebounds. Ibaka isn't even that great of a rebounder or an on ball defender. Compared to Harden who is at the top of his position, Ibaka is very replaceable.

you can find big guys that can clog and protect the paint (look at birdman birdman, omer asik)

ibaka has to give them easy buckets in the post. that will make him special

San Antonio, Memphis, New York, Indiana.

All of those teams have shot-blocking big men that they rely on to anchor their defense. Unless you're the Miami Heat, you need that guy.

Hell yes, Ibaka is HUGELY valuable to OKC. They wouldn't be contenders with Harden instead of him, replacing a defensive anchor with another high volume scorer.

Hardens basically the reason they beat san antonio last year and made the finals, not because of serge, hardens not only a high volume scorer hes also a very good facilitator, which made okc dangerous

Larry sanders, javale,robin lopez, gortat, jj hickson, omer asik, want me to keep going?

They might not be better but they can all do ibakas job and are better rebounders
hell on top of that could of got a reggie evans, a kenyon martin , amir johnson, and who knows what they could of gotten back in return. 

Serge's on ball defense is overrated.

He'll have a block here and there closing in from weak side defense, but it's not that hard to find a big and say hey " play defense and rebound "

Look at Evans and Lopez in BK. Lopez cooks offensivly and grabs a board here and there and Evans goons around.

If OKC was smart, would've shipped Serge, kept Harden and just found a replacement to serge.

I said it before and ill say it again.

shouldve kept harden and shipped serge.
They will regret this forever
You keep the (significantly) better player, not the positional need.

They could have kept Harden, played Collison more and added another post player and they would have been a better team.
Exactly. Same way the NBA draft works, you draft for talent, not position.

Last edited:
perk was suppose to be the anchor as well. he hasnt lived up to that contract and okc should just cut ties with him.

perk was suppose to be the anchor as well. he hasnt lived up to that contract and okc should just cut ties with him.

I was dumbfounded by their decision to sign Perk to that contract before he played a single game after he had tore his ACL when they rescinded the Tyson Chandler trade because they were worried about his big toe.

You're scared as **** of a big toe injury, but a dude tearing his ACL doesn't worry you at all?

Foolish

Last edited:
Ian era where NBA big men are mostly extinct, they choose ibaka over harden. It was a strange decision. Then you think about perk...

What's the latest on Giannis Antetokounmpo? The 6'10 PG from Greece.

Is he at the combine?

I was dumbfounded by their decision to sign Perk to that contract before he played a single game after he had tore his ACL when they rescinded the Tyson Chandler trade because they were worried about his big toe.

You're scared as **** of a big toe injury, but a dude tearing his ACL doesn't worry you at all?

Foolish
that didnt make any type of since you decline tyson but want perk. a big toe vs acl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom