Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
laugh.gif
@ that sequence.

Checking the boxscore I see Wayne Ellington went off tonight.
sick.gif

Last edited:
Grizzlies match up well with the Heat. They would have given the Heat a better series than OKC.

Clippers messed the Grizzlies run last year, they just couldn't keep up with Chris Paul. If the Grizzlies made it thru the Clippers (like they should have) they would have taken down the Spurs again and went to seven games with OKC.

being with Miami got Ray gassed.

thats at least the second time i've seen him go up with that weak one-hander

only to be rejected in the most horrific fashion.

someone needs to tell this dude to shield the ball and lay it up strong

or stop trying to lead the break and play his position.

@talkhoops Wolves announced Chase Budinger has a lateral meniscus tear. Surgery will be scheduled this week. No timetable yet.
Another player down for Minnesota.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DAMN ITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

CHASE IS DOWN
There goes your guy's season..... Chase is the god damn man.
DMC suspended for going hard towards Spurs announcer.
nerd.gif
What did DMC do/say exactly?
nerd.gif

I'd love to know what was said.... DMC doin it for us all!
ESPN sent me an alert

and it said hostile
laugh.gif
dude must have been REAL made especially to get suspended 2 games.
On Friday, Spurs  broadcaster Sean Elliott reportedly trashed DeMarcus Cousins  during the fourth quarter of the Kings' loss to San Antonio. Elliott criticized Boogie for "trash-talking" Tim Duncan  after a couple of scores (both of which probably should have been called as charges on Cousins). On an ensuing possession, Duncan stuffed Cousins. Elliott apparently crowed and said some "humility was in order." Word got back to Cousins that Elliott was trashing him. (How? I have no idea.) Cousins apparently came back out onto the court in full uniform to talk to Elliott.

Here's how the San Antonio Express-News  describes it.
"I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show," said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. "Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

"I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn't hear what was being said."
Here's what Cousins told the media back in the Kings locker room, via Cowbell Kingdom.
"I mean me and Tim - we're good," Cousins said, pointing out that he meant nothing malicious with his trash talk. "Like I said, I have the utmost respect (for him). But for the commentator to say the things that he said - that was immature."
The Express-News  reports that the league is aware of the incident. Chances are it'll fade into the annals of Boogie History. Cousins has always  talked up Duncan -- including an infamous moment last season in which Cousins was caught on a broadcast mouthing "F--k, he's good" after a classic Duncan play.

It should be noted that Elliott (who was a fantastic player and does a lot for charity) is a total hack. Anyone who remembers Spurs-Grizzlies  from 2010-11 remembers how much grief Elliott got when his local calls went national. He's ... bad. I like to think Cousins was just doing the viewing public's bidding by talking back to Elliott.

At what point do they take the ball handling responsibilities away from Westbrook? Is there any chance that they bring in a starting quality PG, and Westbrook becomes their starting SG?

and another random question that will probably garner alot of hate: Could Westbrook run the triangle?

At what point do they take the ball handling responsibilities away from Westbrook? Is there any chance that they bring in a starting quality PG, and Westbrook becomes their starting SG?

and another random question that will probably garner alot of hate: Could Westbrook run the triangle?
Probably never. I'll live with it for now I guess. The previous 4 games he has 41 assists to 10 turnovers. 4 of his today have been passes to Durant, at least 2 of which could have been foul calls on KD's defender, and there was a very bogus charging call. He sucks in November's anyways. If he is still having large volume of to games in Dec or January, maybe make some calls, but end of the day the problem with starting Westbrook at SG is what do you do with Thabo? How many starting quality pgs are out there anyways, or big sg's who can take some ballhandling duties, not counting the one we just traded? DJ Augustine? Delonte West would be interesting. CDR but it'd be a jump to go from not being in the L right now to expected to start on a team with championship aspirations.

edit: live ball turnover trying to advance the ball on the break

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom