Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so wait.. Jordan's "last shot" is not considered clutch because it was uncontested? or it's still considered clutch because it was a jumper instead of a layup? 

someone define clutch 

you must have never played organized basketball. the call was to probably deny Lebron the ball and george ran up to try and deny. the help should have been there, and it wasn't point blank.

True about help D, but George over played that and went for the steal. Gotta sit back and not let him go around you so easily.

George did not play that right. Hibbert just should've been in the ******g game and in the paint like he is supposed to be.

Pay a man 13 mil to sit on the bench during the biggest game of the season.... very smart..

Man the East is trash!

Heat beat Bucks....
Beat up Bulls......
Young and Dumb Pacers and coach haha......

You can only play who's in front of you but damn

you must have never played organized basketball. the call was to probably deny Lebron the ball and george ran up to try and deny. the help should have been there, and it wasn't point blank.

Deny lebron the ball? With 2 seconds left by taking a risky play? everybody was on there man, the play was not to "deny lebron the ball" or else there would have been help.

I would not call a blown defensive assignment by the other team clutch. Especially when Lebron takes at least 3 steps to get to the basket. Any player in the NBA can go strong to the whole if they are allowed 3-4 steps on a consistent basis.

Most plays are a result of errors by the defense in some capacity if you break it down though, like theres definitely times where you can tip your cap and say "we did all we could" and letting Miami settle for the jumper, had they hit it, would've been one of those instances. They don't call traveling in the nba anymore so I can't even question that.

Everyone seems to overlook the fact Ray Allen's rare FT miss even gave Pacers a chance. Heat outplayed them in the fourth, but an incredible shot by George I must say.

Since they can't speak on the refs, they start crying about how driving down the lane with 2 secs left is an easy play. It's comedy to hate a team and head to bed every night infuriated over a team you supposedly don't care for.

I feel you. LeBron's a beast no doubt.

Yeah. And so is Kobe, and KD, and Melo, etc.

But if he ain't on your team or your favorite player or something a lot of people will just automatically discredit anything they do no matter how much recognition or credit they merit.

I mean the slander does get annoying sometimes but it's always like that. As a fan of one team, you will always have to deal with trash talk from fans of other teams.

This was a great game though. PG was amazing in the clutch. I honestly thought we had lost the game when that foul was called on Wade that sent PG to the line for 3. All I could envision was some crazy J from Ray or something. Did not expect to see LBJ slash straight to the rim WIDE OPEN.

so wait.. Jordan's "last shot" is not considered clutch because it was uncontested? or it's still considered clutch because it was a jumper instead of a layup? 

someone define clutch 

Did you ever actually see the last shot play, or did you just see the pictures?

PG played it right. he should have had help but spoelstra's play spaced out the defense and gave lebron room to drive. if that was VDN you would be right though because we know he can't call up a good play to save his life

PG played that right? lol

Forcing a guy directly to the rim by overplaying him one way with no help behind you is not the right play. You must have never played basketball before. It was a stupid defensive play in the 2nd quarter but you'd live with it and move on. With 2 seconds left, it's just flat ridiculous although all the motion Miami ran could have confused or distracted George for a second.

You close out square and he has to shoot a jumper over the top of you

Last edited:
So was Jordan's jumper against the jazz in the finals "clutch" cause I'm pretty sure there was nobody there to contest it they were pushed to the ground.

Ya an open three is just as difficult as an open layup

Theres no difference between being 2 feet or 23.9 feet from the basket

Yall dudes love Lebron

i6KFPlbzAoNrY.gif

So now not even is lebrons lay up clutch. Now it's discredited cause he traveled. Lmfaooo

He was choking the whole game against an inferior team. Only when said team made some of the stupidest decisions of all time did he score.

Luke Walton will probably score against George Hill 1 on 1 every time. Luke Walton can score a layup if no one is defending it. That is not clutch.

The first layup against Hill was clutch but dude should score against Hill any time. Second layup no one was guarding him. It was a complete breakdown.

HOW DO YOU TRAVEL TO THE BASKET WHEN THE LINE IS WIDE OPEN? DOES THIS DUDE TRAVEL DURING PRACTICE EVERY TIME AS WELL?

Can't wait to see his old *** trying to do this 4 step stuff when he is old and slow.

Last edited:
So was Jordan's jumper against the jazz in the finals "clutch" cause I'm pretty sure there was nobody there to contest it they were pushed to the ground.

:lol: ... see what happens when Bron hits a GW? NT turns into craziness. People not thinking. Posting random ****.

But nope .. not clutch at all. right???

1. The pass was already midair, you can't deny a pass when it's already been made.

2. He was shading to lebron's right when he ran up, pass was coming to lebron's left.

George made a bad call, overplaying his positioning. He didn't play it right.

Quick question Lebron and heat fans of NT...

Is this a clutch layup or a defensive breakdown?

Fastforward to 0:30 seconds for the play

Last edited:
i don't want to go back and forth and argue if it was clutch or not.

but to me it was the equivalent of a game winner putback. like would you call this play "clutch" ?

no probably not. it was the right basketball play. thats it. people are just making it a big deal (both ways) because its lebron

Last edited:
PG played it right. he should have had help but spoelstra's play spaced out the defense and gave lebron room to drive. if that was VDN you would be right though because we know he can't call up a good play to save his life

PG played that right? lol

Forcing a guy directly to the rim by overplaying him one way with no help behind you is not the right play. You must have never played basketball before. It was a stupid defensive play in the 2nd quarter but you'd live with it and move on. With 2 seconds left, it's just flat ridiculous although all the motion Miami ran could have confused or distracted George for a second.

You close out square and he has to shoot a jumper over the top of you

It's still more on Vogel to me though. You put your players and team in the absolute best possible position to make a stop...having Hibbert even just standing there in the lane forces Lebron to take a tougher shot. PG needed to face up but to not have your *** covered in the event that the best player in the world right now beats your tired defender is poor coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom