Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't deal with your stupidity anymore.

Lol, why you taking personal shots guy, this is the NBA thread. Heres something you may not know tho, If you look at that guys join date, its 2004, the rep system wasnt implemented till like 2011, 2012, so that means most of his post werent even capable of getting repped. But ya keep getting ya reps up pleighboi, I wish you the best.

True still a star i thought both D Wade and Lebron would go down this route but Lebron is developing legit skills

Lebron will still be good when his athleticism leaves him, I still dont get why D Wade is always injured

Jumping in the stands to save pointless loose balls. Attacking the basket relentlessly.

Last edited:
Pacers are interesting to watch. PG particularly.

As for the WCF, if Memphis can win both at home (which isn't too farfetched) then that series could get real interesting.

As of right now idk who I want to see in the Finals more. Spurs are awesome and have a great coach.. Memphis' bigs, particularly ZBO, will feast against us. Lol.

Im a heat hater, so watchign Indiana gets me nauseous, like they throw out so many chances to win that its crazy. Especially last year when they were up 2-1 then just played some of the worst ball ive ever seen.

Ya and if I was a heat fan idk who id want to face either, memphis got the bigs with great perimiter D, but spurs got scoring + great coahcing. As a basketball fan Id rather see Miami SA, Miami memphis every game would be like 72-68 lol

Dwyane Tyrone Wade, Jr

D Wade is the Tyrone yall always mentioning? Laying the pipe to every guys girl?

Well looking back at a prime D Wades numbers 30 ppg 5 rpg and 7.5 apg

:smokin

Kobe has always been a lethal scorer with great shooting ability and post game. Wade's game was more of that crash into you, aggressive game. If Wade had the shooting ability that Kobe did I think these questions around him wouldn't be so frequent. Wade's midrange game left him after 06 though hahaha.
Wade and D Rose are very similar players. I see the same thing happening to Derrick that's happening to Wade. They have the same career arc talent wise IMO. Both their games are based on slashing and taking abuse. That kind of stuff wears on your body.

Roy Hibbert: I felt I played strong until those last minutes until um.....um.....um..... I know hes thinking till coaches dumb *** took me out

Wade wasted his good years carrying the team on his back
Yup 06-09

It sucks. Thats why its good dudes teaming up so they dont waste their time or talent.

When your the lead man on a barely 8th seed squad and your dropping 40 every other week, its gonna suck. Makes for good youtube highlight vids, but no rings

Bosh and LBJ are just now entering their prime. Wade is on the decline, he'll probably retire in 3-4 years anyways.

Last edited:
I saw but dude was always considered undersized and not too quick but i remember the hype was strong

Dudes were like if the bulls choose beasely or rose they couldnt go wrong

Out of college the kid was basically KD 2.0, a 6'10 guy who could score at will, and even though I felt he never got a fair shot in Miami, he really blew it in the other places.

Out of college the kid was basically KD 2.0, a 6'10 guy who could score at will, and even though I felt he never got a fair shot in Miami, he really blew it in the other places.
Like CP said in that vid with Lebron, nothing worst than a dude who gets comfy just being in the league. Beasley talent wise is better than KD, but KD PUT IN THE work to be great. Beasley has had too many other issues that distract from him succeeding

Like CP said in that vid with Lebron, nothing worst than a dude who gets comfy just being in the league. Beasley talent wise is better than KD, but KD PUT IN THE work to be great. Beasley has had too many other issues that distract from him succeeding

Partially true, but anyways here are some of the things said about beasley before he was drafted,

Source 1

NBA Comparison: Carmelo Anthony

A fabulous athlete with an NBA ready body... Completed one of the most dominant seasons in college basketball history, as a freshman His length, quickness, jumping ability and strength combine to make him one of the most difficult match ups He has range from anywhere on the floor all the way out to NBA three, but is especially effective with his soft touch around the rim, where he uses both hands to finish with a variety of moves His left handed jump shot is a thing of beauty, with a smooth release, he has good arc and is very balanced getting his legs under him to get great elevation Most dangerous out of the mid-post where he can square his man up, and attack with a variety of moves; including strong takes to the hoop, a nice midrange pull-up, or simply shooting over the top of helpless defenders From the triple threat his jabs and shot fakes are extremely efficient because he not only has a quick first step, but also a very long one that allows him to get by people at will When the defender tries to beat him to the spot, he has a terrific spin move that is virtually unstoppable His post game has progressed nicely, and he has shown a nice touch on a variety of hook-shots and fadeaways ... He fights hard to get good position on the block, and even harder when crashing the O glass, as seen by the 4 offensive rebounds that he averaged per game His ability to play the passing lanes and come over weakside to block shots, further adds to his ability to fill the stat sheet A strong personality with great confidence who never gets down on himself. There are few doubts about him becoming a bigtime impact talent at the next level ...

Source 2

I have a hard time believing that the Heat are really shopping this pick as has been widely reported. I think in the end you will see Miami sit here and get far and away the best player in this draft and we will quickly see them with the top level Eastern Conference teams again.

Michael Beasley is a hybrid of so many players past and present, and is as much of a sure thing that we’ve seen in the draft since Tim Duncan.

He combines Charles Barkley’s rebounding as an undersized power forward, Antawn Jamison’s versatility and ability to score from anywhere on the floor, Shawn Marion’s explosive leaping and offensive rebounding talents, and Carmelo Anthony’s quick first step and strength. I am not saying what Beasley could become; I am listing what Beasley is right now.

When he gets the ball down low he is nearly unstoppable because he has so many moves he can score with. He dominated teams last year who would collapse all five players to the paint every time he touched the ball. Oh yeah—he has a pretty nice jumper too.

I will even go as far as to say that in 15-20 years when we are looking back on Beasley’s career we will be talking about a top 50 all time player in this league.

Source 3

6/25/08: And if Derrick Rose goes No. 1, this is the easiest selection in every NBA Mock Draft. The only way the Heat don't take Michael Beasley is if the League of Extraordinarily Bad GMs swoops in and commandeers the franchise. Isiah Thomas will be calling up the Dallas Mavericks in an attempt to trade for Kevin Willis, even though he's been retired for a few seasons. Billy King, meanwhile, would be packing up a suitcase full of $10,000 bills to hand to Willis as soon as he's drafted.

Last edited:
^ Beasely? Seriously? Dudes actually think he could of been a star?

Guy had all the tools to be a Superstar. 6'10" SF, more talented than 95% of the league, outside shot, inside game, use both hands. Only thing guy couldnt do was use his brain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom