Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since you have a Laker avatar I'm supposed to take your "unbiased" opinion? Your response and most of the Laker fans responses are totally driven by emotion rather than reason. (Most Knick fans do the same thing you do, don't worry Im used to it)

Btw, I'm not a Laker hater at all, I want you guys beating the Heat in the finals, can't stand them, plus its the better matchup. I'm just not totally convinced you guys will get past the Thunder.

Therefor if you guys don't make it to the finals this year you probably won't make it again in the Kobe era because the core group of players are getting old, really old. Dwight's going to keep his mouth shut and down play his free-agency this year but this is really a make a break year to sign him next summer. If things go bad and expectations aren't met Dwight can fold and may want out. He's not the toughest-minded person, remember?

No hate once again, completely unbiased. Speaking as an NBA observer/fan first, believe it. So keep it real.
***** please.

Last edited:
Dwight still going to leave
How many prime years does Kobe have left? Nash will be signing up for medicare soon.
I wanna say he'll still end up in BK but with them signing Lopez to that extension idk.

NYK will be ONE OF the TOP 3 DEFENSES in the LEAGUE. put your money/ pay pal links up if you
disagree. Nix bench is gooned out. K Thomas, Sheed, Camby will hip check n sideline at least
5 players this season.

Last edited:
So since you have a Laker avatar I'm supposed to take your "unbiased" opinion? Your response and most of the Laker fans responses are totally driven by emotion rather than reason. (Most Knick fans do the same thing you do, don't worry Im used to it)
Btw, I'm not a Laker hater at all, I want you guys beating the Heat in the finals, can't stand them, plus its the better matchup. I'm just not totally convinced you guys will get past the Thunder.
Therefor if you guys don't make it to the finals this year you probably won't make it again in the Kobe era because the core group of players are getting old, really old. Dwight's going to keep his mouth shut and down play his free-agency this year but this is really a make a break year to sign him next summer. If things go bad and expectations aren't met Dwight can fold and may want out. He's not the toughest-minded person, remember?
No hate once again, completely unbiased. Speaking as an NBA observer/fan first, believe it. So keep it real.

I understand you're trying to keep it real and unbiased. But you're used to James Dolan and Isiah Thomas. We have Jerry/Jim Buss and Mitch.

Last edited:
I understand you're trying to keep it real and unbiased. But you're used to James Dolan and Isiah Thomas. We have Jerry/Jim Buss and Mitch.

Yea so? It's pathetic, I know. Not my fault. I'm still going to ride for the team but the Knicks have nothing to do with this conversation. I'm not comparing the Knicks to the Lakers.

I want other fans to see what just happened here - I brought up the fact that the Dwight Howard saga may not be over and their is a legitimate concern to re-sign D12 if the Lakers don't make it to the finals. That's it.

What did I get? - A bunch of Laker fans ranting calling me a hater, about how the Knicks suck, how the Lakers are going to get Harden, Durant, Westbrook, and Kevin Love. Dudes posting pictures of pots and other Laker fans reppin and laughing.

Come on fellas, is it that far-fetched? Knowing Dwight Howard's track record? Damn, y'all should just sit back and relax one one min and analyze Dwight's situation without any bias for once. Or maybe y'all just need an NFL team that bad, it'd help the emotional anxiety y'all get when someone brings up a challenging Laker argument.

Last edited:
How many prime years does Kobe have left? Nash will be signing up for medicare soon.
I wanna say he'll still end up in BK but with them signing Lopez to that extension idk.

:lol: I feel like ya'll are just trolling now. One...any chance of him going to BK is dead...and I'm sure you know that. Two...when Kobe leaves...D12 becomes Kobe. It's the freaking Lakers...they reload all the time and HE becomes the top dog in town. Who the hell isn't going to want to go to LA and play w/ D12?

You dudes need to think logically for a second. The best center in the NBA...is not going to leave one of the most storied franchises in sports known for it's great centers....to go play with the Hawks or the Mavericks or some ****...AND take less money.

Be real.

Last edited:
:lol: I feel like ya'll are just trolling now. One...any chance of him going to BK is dead...and I'm sure you know that. Two...when Kobe leaves...D12 becomes Kobe. It's the freaking Lakers...they reload all the time and HE becomes the top dog in town. Who the hell isn't going to want to go to LA and play w/ D12?
You dudes need to think logically for a second. The best center in the NBA...is not going to leave one of the most storied franchises in sports known for it's great centers....to go play with the Hawks or the Mavericks or some ****...AND take less money.
Be real.

amen

Be real.
all of this. I think he will there for the next 6 years at least

Dwight is the best center in the league, but does anybody see him having a little more adversity with some of the big men in the west? Al Jeff, Marc Gasol, DMC, McGee, Love/Pekovic, Perk (has always played Dwight well). I'm not saying he wont still do great against those guys, but could he wear down faster and earlier in the season?

Dwight is the best center in the league, but does anybody see him having a little more adversity with some of the big men in the west? Al Jeff, Marc Gasol, DMC, McGee, Love/Pekovic, Perk (has always played Dwight well). I'm not saying he wont still do great against those guys, but could he wear down faster and earlier in the season?
if Phil Jackson was still coaching this team I would say no but im not really sure what Mike Brown is going to do with him in regards to their offense. Still leaning towards no because of the fact that he'll be seeing one on one defense most of the time because at any given moment they'll be 1 of 2 other players who will command as much attention as he does on the floor and there won't be any leeway to double team him. I also expect to see a dramatic improvement in his post game what with him being around people who are very effective in the post and having Kareem around all the time to help him out.

if Phil Jackson was still coaching this team I would say no but im not really sure what Mike Brown is going to do with him in regards to their offense. Still leaning towards no because of the fact that he'll be seeing one on one defense most of the time because at any given moment they'll be 1 of 2 other players who will command as much attention as he does on the floor and there won't be any leeway to double team him. I also expect to see a dramatic improvement in his post game what with him being around people who are very effective in the post and having Kareem around all the time to help him out.

yeah true, Jordan Hill is a pretty good back up, so hopefully he will be able to get off the floor when he needs to. I'm more worried about his injury history while facing alot of those western conference bigs.

I'm not sure how much of a difference seeing those guys 4 times a year instead of 2 is supposed to make...

I'm not sure how much of a difference seeing those guys 4 times a year instead of 2 is supposed to make...

Just what you said, he's seeing them 4x a year. He's still going to be Dwight, still going to dominate the competition the majority of the time, my question was relating to his health wearing down faster seeing those guys twice as much

Wow this looks like this will be one hell of a season. Players have been moved all over.

Praying the Bucks don't disappoint me and get to the playoffs.

Looking like we will finally see Heat Lakers. Heat more than likely will get there but the Lakers in the West is tough. Hoping OKC gets back and KD gets a ring.

So OKC will be getting an alternate uni this season after all.
nerd.gif

Link

No pics yet though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom